Tidbits and dualities?

Tiddle taddle my peeples

Today I learned of a restaurant I hate closing. The owner was a real asshole and the food insanely priced. So I willed it closed.

Turns out it shutdown in the same month I lost my job and is also my birthday. While I don’t believe in the whole balance of things yin and yang stuff, I find it interesting the duality of it. I lose my job, a negative, restaurant goes down, positive, and my birthday month like it was a gift, a positive.

Any thoughts? For sake of the rules ofc I won’t attach the link to the restaurant shutdown.

4 Likes

I am wondering about the other thread and the predictions and dualities with Important Warning that sounded ominous and aimed at you with the location info. However not a sacrifice or hit to acquire your power but a restaurant going out of business and job loss. Whew what a relief.

4 Likes

I suppose anything is possible, it is curious though. New life chapter.

2 Likes

Was the food bad? What type of food?

2 Likes

I also worked at several boutique upscale restaurants in Santa Monica and they both went under recently. Really got slow there were just no customers… With $18 hamburgers i am not really surprised. They did give us some warning however, two weeks notice.

3 Likes

Food sucked and was $40 a plate

4 Likes

I worked as a dishwasher for a Thai restaurant. I was too good and he wanted me to be su-chef (sp). I was like wtf?!? Oh god I had to mix the rice in a ancient blackened bus boy plastic bin. Even washed it was caked in this black grime that would never come off. Disgusting. He was pretty cheap but I was paid in cash under the table every evening. I could work as long as I wanted. Problem was he wasn’t getting enough customers.

Btw, I never ate there. Oh god no. Long tale but after I left (and I was the best dish washer these orientals had ever seen as I took him from ALL dishes dirty to all clean in about 3-4 hours plus organized and constructing efficiency levels to a new high there.

Yeah, I left and he filed bankruptcy.

Btw, he told me he prayed for help and I just sort of showed up due to sis in law working as waitress there. He only wanted a Saturday afternoon but he got 3 weeks. Buddhist food god or something. The birds are the offerings.

3 Likes

Oh man LMAS! I can relate. No wonder they went under. Same with my place greasy tacos, burgers, pizza’s and $$$$!

3 Likes

Ha, ha! Shared experience i worked food prep mostly pastry and then as it was busy did dishwasher with an auto machine to help out.

Although the place was packed for years the owner was still losing money every month. He made his profit at the end of the year as he had many tax write offs snd got a large refund check. Starting last August the business just died no tourist and locales who used to come out due a bad local economy. Everybody seems to be cutting back. After the second bad month he decided to close the business.

1 Like

I rather rolled my eyes when he wanted me to clean the carpet with a bucket and brush with soap and water instead of renting an electric carpet machine cleaner. Hourly… it’d take me days to finish that carpet and I do t think I’d be able to clean it all that well. Many crazy tasks he wanted me to do like fix the giant electric sign 20 feet over the restaurant? I’m not an electrician.

3 Likes

There often is a balance to things, the trick is to tip the scales and then control the correction so the pendulum stops before swinging back to you.

Cast for a result, then do something mundane that can counter the impetis the result puts upon you. Cast a baneful working, help your neighbor do their yard work or something. Cast to heal somebody, troll YouTube comments.

Everything rebounds in some way, and if you don’t want it to cause problems, you gotta put the effort to balance the scales at zero.

2 Likes