Thoughts on curse work

I’m not well- versed or adept on the matter. My reasons for posting is bc someone felt that I could help you them out with a wayward spouse
. I’ve only offered helping with cleansing baths. I was ask to aid/ do enemy work! There’s a-any that goes into that type of work! @ Darkest knight among few occultist will say these things. (Love work, legal work). Moral is it’s a tricky slope. Thanks for my rambling. There’s a lot more for those who are wanting to do these workings I.e. with spirits and the like

I’m not really sure what you’re asking

From what I can gather someone asked you to curse their spouse but you don’t feel comfortable about this as you haven’t really done baneful magic.

My advice would be if you don’t feel comfortable doing curses then don’t do them. If you already feel conflicted about doing this type of magic then you are doomed to fail from the start because you are in effect sabotaging yourself.

You should tell whoever tasked you to do curse work to look up potential curses themselves or even summon a demon from the goetia themselves to curse there wayward spouse. It might even help this person grow as a magician. If this person doesn’t feel confident enough in their own magical skill then they could get a mentor or obtain the services of a ritual for hire.

As for my own thoughts on curses I’m a big fan of cursing my enemies although I’m still a novice at it.

Also I noted that you tagged @DarkestKnight but your tag may not have worked because you put a space between the @ symbol and their username

2 Likes

I once had a close friend who crossed me, and I felt hurt. My rage was soo intense, thinking about them caused me to see a red tunnel and feel absolute hatred and rage toward them. I wanted to curse them, to make them feel what I felt, to hurt like I hurt, maybe even worse. But, I realized who my former friend was, and how they where far more capable of destroying themselves more than anything I could throw at them. So I let it go, for the most part (I still harbor resentment, but never did or tried anything magickal). about two years later, they hit me up out of the blue. Turned out they had a therapist and went through a series of extreme procedures to “get healthy”. My old feelings of friendship returned, and I felt extreme pity for them. After I helped them get a better apartment in a better part of town, they dropped me like a bad habbit, and my rage intensified. As much as I wanted them destroyed, I looked back and again realized, they where their own worst enemy and nothing anyone could do could make them “see the light”. death would’ve been too merciful, and no torture I could come up with could match their own self destructive behavior.

another time, a coworker caught me doing chaos magick sigils at work one day, and told me the story of her abusive ex husband who stalked her and created a legal problem for her. she wanted him to “go away”… like, forever, and to suffer on the way out. She asked me if I could help, since I appeared to “know a thing or two”. having never really cursed anyone, I wasn’t sure what to do, and also knowing there are two sides to every story (and I knew hard drugs where involved on both sides), I decided to craft a protection sigil for her. something to shield her from her ex, and to protect her from whatever BS he was causing her. I told her how to charge it, and that it would only work as long as she avoided him. She left the company not too long after, and moved in with a friend who told me she might not have been the innocent party in all things. I wont go into detail. But, perhaps, instead of cursing someone you don’t know, maybe try giving your friend some sort of shield?

What I’m trying to say in too many words is; while we might not know the full story, while neither side may be as innocent as they portray - sometimes the best curse is the lack of attention towards someone, and allow them to dig their own hole and hang themselves with their own rope, while we shield and protect ourselves from the toxic people.

3 Likes