Thoughts on Christianity?

Apart from the above. I do agree. People generally do suck…
Organisations usually don’t bring out the best in most of us. The mystery school I belonged to, was no exception in that in some cases.

There is a use for organisations though, beyond the primal need to belong to a tribe. With a group of likeminded people putting energy and effort in a mutual goal you have the opportunity to create a powerful energy field that will make it easier for anyone in that organisation to gain power and inspiriation from to further their individual spiritual growth.

Alright, I’ll not argue too much, I’ll agree with everything you said mostly, except this.

Like dude, you don’t get it, this isn’t about bias prejudice or rage.

I don’t even care about what a christian is, this is about logical reasoning, I am talking about the original testament, that’s the original christian wether we all like it or not, I am not a christian, there is no bias, let me give you an example.

Creating your own version of a christian, then saying you are a Christian is like a guy saying “I’m a hunter” but they do not participate in hunting of any kind, physically, mentally, even look it up online, or even take an interest in it.

At that point, you are just taking a word, and putting entirely your own meaning on it, at that point, you are just making language nonsense.

Another more clear comparison, it’s like saying “I’m gay” then someone saying “don’t you have a girlfriend?” and this hypothetical guy has a girlfriend, he is romantically and sexually into her, but says he likes guys too.

So then the other guy goes “well then you’re bisexual” and then they are saying “no I’m not, I’m not bisexual, I’m just gay, you don’t get to decide what gay is, I’m just and only gay, no matter what your prejudice idea of gay is”

Like dude…this isn’t about my idea, it’s about the dictionary’s term, and proper language and meaning to words, at this point language means nothing if you are just gonna make up your own meanings for things, it’s selfish.

And I’ll tell you this much, what you are describing sounds FAR BETTER and Superior, wiser, etc, than standard christians.

So I don’t see why you feel the need to be attached to them, just come up for a different name for what you are and detatch from christianity entirely, it doesn’t make you less valid.

Like “Sourcerers”, or “source diviners”, or something like that, let me be clear, I think the original christianity I am referencing, is pretty effing lame lol, this isn’t an “I’m better than you think” this is just accurate labeling of words.

I dno how pissed I’d be if I made this unique thing and set up a bunch of things to say what it was, then someone just changed 50% of it, and then said they were that thing I created.

I’d be like “dude, just rename ur thing, why even do this?”

1 Like

And I am just trying to point out two things

First is that you are doing the same tunneled vision judging that most mainstream christians do.
I don’t like the regular christianity any more than you do. They mess everything up for the rest of 'm and us non-christians. That is not the whole of christianity. It’s a very diverse school of thought. Don’t just focus on who’s the loudest and then disregard everything.

Second why do you want any of the “other” christians to rename themselves? Correct me if I’m wrong, but it sounds like you want to feel more justified in just blindly hating on the whole thing.
It doesn’t matter if they are old testament jesus worshippers or want to transform themselves through the concept of christ and hermetic principles. However they go about their faith… they are christians and it’s not about your need to call them differently
I’d even go so far and say that the “gnostics” came before the roman catholics and the other bible thumpers

I don’t like blind faith, its no different from daydreaming or mental masturbation.

But I respect and love Christian mysticism, the bliss from restriction, the “death to the world/passions” philosophy because it ain’t much different from my views. I like monasteries and monks, I wanted to be one when I just beginning my path of meditation.
I see jesus and monasticism like bodhisattvas in Buddhism. I have the impression that Jesus was so powerful that he even changed the physical world using the power of the father in heavens for me it translates as having a potent and direct connection with the source of existence, he wished very different from the beggar wishes , his wish was like willing, stirring the will of the source. If that aint real magic I dont know what is.

I don’t have hate for the church especially their rituals, I know that they are real because always when I attend these places I can feel bliss and my ajna chakra buzzing.

Alright, well, I have already corrected you before, and it seems like you just don’t want to listen to me or understand me.

But I’ve explained it the best I can so that you could understand before so there’s nothing I can do, and I don’t need any justification to hate anything.

I guess language and properly labeling concepts/creeds just don’t matter, lets just all make up our own definition to words to suit ourselves like a bunch of entitled fools, because fuck reason right? (sarcasm)

It’s you that is obsessed with labeling and relabeling? I understand you perfectly, I just refuse to agree with you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
it’s not making up a definition. If someone is a follower of the Christ in whatever shape or form be it hermetic, coptic, evangelist or feckin’ some made up manga-superhero kind of way… and they identify spiritually as christian… It has nothing to do with YOUR negative associations of christianity. They attach themselves to their idea of Christ, not to any other idiot that interprets the bible differently they could care less about.

I want nothing to do with at least 60-70% of modern politically leftist-leaning a-holes, especially the PC kinds that actively try to implement to some scary form of mental fascism to make sure everybody that doesn’t think exactly like them get socially banished and shunned.
I went to a workshop organized by some old anarchist buddies recently and was struck by the sheer stupidity of most of the younger anarchists and -adjacent peeps attending.
I still identify as a leaning politically left with a punkish anarchist heart, despite what others make of it.
It is my personal philosophy and approach to life and have no plans to suddenly call my political views differently because of some cunts that clearly live in a fantasy world. I could also care less how others perceive me, especially those that have a thing against anarchists anyway.
That is how any christian feels about calling themselves christian. Only difference between any of the christians is that some might be a little more proud to call themselves that, than others.

my thoughts are changing all the time. the more I read things they dont teach you in a Christian church, the more ridiculous it all seems

The Christ concept started a couple hundred years before the fictiscious Jesus came around. The apostle Paul and many others didnt believe in Jesus as a man, but as a spirit. Everything that is gnostic was part or the Christian religion until the Catholic church said it was not.

and recently found out that KJV had 81 books until around 1850. A group of theologists said 15 books were not inspired by <>. If you question the validity of 15, then all the rest of them should be called in question as well.

there are those that say the entire old testament is fiction. (I dont know the history of Israel outside of the Bible, be interesting to see it) The Secret in the Bible says the OT was written by a babylonian Master of Mysteries named Ezra to preserve their teaching. the only real person in history with a kingdom that matches the geographical description of the kingdom of David is Thumosis 2; a king of Egypt.

O.P. your fear is part of the indoctrination / brainwashing of the Christian religion. I challenge you to try to verify the stories of the Bible without using the Bible as proof that it is legitimate. Once you start seeing the Bible for the mess that it is, your fear will start going away

1 Like