Thoth

Atlantis would never have lost to Athens…and I say that as a Greek. Ancient Greek wasn’t there during the Atlantis era.
Now, speaking as a magus, according to Thoth, once Atlantis fell, people went to America, Egypt, Greece, Cyprus and other places and made civs there (ofc, the geography wasn’t the same as we have it today, so don’t try to find logic in that).

Also, it’s not a good idea to take Plato’s words literally, the same goes with Thoth’s words.
According to Plato, he got to know Atlantis from an Egyptian priest (if I remember correctly), so there was no record from it in Greece. Then again, Greeks didn’t like non Greek folks, so they kinda never had anything in their records about other civs (other than Egyptians I think, due to some events in history).

Anyways, that doesn’t really matter. Besides, the op wanted to know if Thoth could help him with his quest for knowledge.
@WHamilton3 So, my answer to your question is: absolutely! Ask him and find out what you need.

PS: @DarkestKnight I think the first city was Eridu (if I’m not mistaken), a sumerian city. I always wanted to visit its ruins. You know, to see how the first city was like XD.

1 Like

Yeah, we kind of derailed off on a tangent. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s all good. As I said, whether Atlantis was real or not, is immaterial. If you believe Thoth was a magician-king, you can very much call upon him in that capacity. I absolutely agree that Thoth can help the OP.

2 Likes

That’s true indeed!

Uhhh…now all we have to do again, is start hunting new members so that they may introduce themselves…

2 Likes

Thanks for the help. The debate was interesting for sure.

1 Like

Just want to say - Im voting for another thread on this.
Already much has been said, it would be a shame for all of it to be hidden.
Times have changed but I will resist chipping in for the sake of ego.

Must…resist the urge…to type…

Atlantis was…Noooo stooop

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

For the moment, I conform to the idea that a comet may have hit that north american ice sheet causing huge tidal waves and the mass extinction event of all of north Americas large mammal species at the time. The geological evidence is there. If Atlantis existed, the kind of geological damage caused by a comet hitting the ice sheet that long ago would’ve destroyed much of the evidence. However, I believe the secret compartment found under the left paw of the Sphinx thanks to the seismographical research done by the late great John A. West, and the occult revelations many years beforehand by Edgar Cayce (a guy with occult like powers of divination), contains more solid information about the existence of Atlantis. @AdamThoth I know you have some views on this

2 Likes

I wasn’t clear as I could have been and I feel this thread so far said what I was thinking, lol sorry OP I over simplified what I meant!

When I worked with Thoth this is how he introduced himself (as well as being a bird). I’d say he did it because I was familiar with the myth of Atlantis and the even weirder one of Thoth being connected to all the great sages and figures of each ancient culture (that one’s stranger, to me than Atlantis).

So he took what he felt would work for me and used it, I’d say I’m not surprised, he’s got an interesting personality.

4 Likes

@anon48957109 I actually come across this a lot! Spirits tell us things, in a way we can understand them. That way may not be 100% correct, but once we get used to it, they tell us what’s really going on. I kinda like it that way, because it’s a step by step teaching method. Also, it’s good for beginners!

@Verdo The comet did hit there, there are evidence even today and you can go see them actually (or at least a few years ago). What I mean is, that they found parts of it.
As for your Atlantis theory, that’s true, if we believe that it was in the Atlantic ocean. However, the most recent theory (that is backed up by Plato, Hippocrates (I think it was him, you know, the guy that made that old map) and Solon), suggest that the eye of Sahara is actually Atlantis. There were three videos from “Bright Insight” on Youtube that give evidence. And the thing is, that it’s not forced evidence or something. If you go and see them, check out all three of them, because each connects some dots from the previous one. I mean, check it out in order to have an opinion on that theory, I’m not trying to force it to anyone or anything XD (I mean, all these are just theories after all).

As for Athens beating Atlantis…I don’t know…I mean, I had some insight, but I don’t know if it was my thoughts or Thoth’s answer (because I asked him, without summoning him though).

@AdamThoth I would really like to know your opinion on this!

3 Likes

I have to correct you there on the content - Magick as in ceremonial Magick and Magick as the science of reality you could say, :wink: is pretty omniscient. You can work with him on quite anything you ask :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes it was a comet and you guys seem to have a pretty good grasp on it. The comet put a premature end to the ice age. Didn’t I say something about that the other day?

2 Likes

Thoth definitely will come into your dreams of His own accord. I’m sure that’s what happened to you…in a past life you might have had a connect with Thoth.
Your dream reminded me of one I had involving Thoth.
In 2008, I was in Israel (I was a santera then but years before I came into LHP). The tour I was on wasn’t going to Egypt and I was sad about that because it’s relatively so close. Anyway, I had a very vivid, realistic dream one night that I was being led into an Egyptian tomb that I walked into–and inside were several Egyptian Gods and Goddesses dancing in the flesh, happy to see me there! I remember that in the dream I could smell the tomb and feel the texture of the stone and sand inside it. I remember that Thoth was the ‘main’ God and He was by my side a lot, Anubis was there as well as Hathor, Isis, Sekmet and Bast I told them that I had wanted to come visit them in Egypt but it wasn’t possible on this trip but that I would be back hopefully.
Long story short, I did go to Egypt not just once but twice within that next year. I want to go back again and visit to see sites that I didn’t get to see yet (in this lifetime).

4 Likes

That’s actually pretty cool! Have you seen the great pyramid too? And most spexiucally, the underground chamber? I mean, I don’t know if they let people go there?

1 Like

I saw the pyramids at Giza, the Sphinx too. When I was there I was standing out in the sands near the pyramids and I gathered some stones and sand, which I still have to this day. They don’t let people go into the great pyramid at all.
When I walked through this one ancient building to get a closer look at the Sphinx, I had a spirit come upon me and I could feel myself going into trance and it was crowded so I just fell back into people. The irony was that it was a group of fundamentalists and they didn’t understand what had happened to me–but I did. I really want to return to Egypt in the future and explore further, go with an archaeologist on tour. It’s a trip I’d recommend to anyone who is a magical person.

3 Likes

I see! That’s interesting! I wish you could have gone into the great pyramid and tell us about that…

1 Like

Me too–I would have definitely intoned some melodies in there–
What’s fascinating too is how in Italy, for example, there are various pagan temples that are now Catholic churches dedicated to Mary. I was inside a very cool one in Padua–it was originally the temple of Minerva (Athena in Greece) and it didn’t feel like a church at all. I felt the ancient energies still there and Minerva, I was alone in the temple but felt like the sanctuary was full of ppl and like I was being watched from all over the space. So I sang some songs that I like while I was there–I trained at one time to go into classical voice/opera. When I sang to Minerva, I felt myself go out of my body as I do on many occasions when I sing in a spiritual way. I guess my voice carried to the outside because when I walked out a crowd of people had gathered, wondering where the music was coming from as I hurried away…I’m shy==that’s why I didn’t have a career in music–stage fright.

3 Likes

I used to be in a band and we played live quite a bit. I was nervous at first but after sometimes it became a rush. You get good energy form people in the crowd when they are into your music. Although the crowd at a rock show would be much different than an opera show.

2 Likes

I sing jazz and blues too, but had the same problem with stage nervousness so after a time I pushed it to the side because I wasn’t going to grovel around to catch a break in the biz. Now I don’t care about it anymore and at one time it was everything to me. It’s interesting how we grow and change over time and what was once important seems trifling now.

1 Like

I’m the same way. It was fun while when I did it but now I have no interest. It’s a ton of work with a slim chance of ever being able to make a living at it. I used to drink two beers and a shot of tequila before going on stage. It sounds cliche but you do perform better with a slight buzz. Took the edge off. I played completely sober many times and noticed I was way more rigid.

1 Like

Same here lol