This isn't really RHP...but

Hey BALG,

So I put my Vassago work on hold for the indefinite future for a very good reason. I suffer from depression. I always have, I also know that any demon (no matter how nice) can and will bring their rather chaotic energy into your life. It would not be a good mix for me to jump onboard with any sprit right now.

But this has made me realize something…there is something I have always wanted to do. I have always wanted to get into the Solomonic Grimiorie Tradition. Why? Does it promise me vast wealth? No. Super Powers? No. Women (or men) throwing themselves at me? No. What it is however is a Great Work. It is a way to work on myself over a long period of time, I like that.
I used to think that I would have to buy $10,000 worth of equipment but thanks to a tip from Baphomet I have been able to gather everything I need for less than $20 (most of the stuff I had already). He hipped me to Rufus Opus’ Modern Grimoire series and I found that I really didn’t need a whole lot to start the angel work while keeping in line with the tradition.
So this month I am going to read a lot of Psalms, research a lot, and pray (and get some medication) Next month I will begin my workings with the Archangels. If anyone has any experiences with them I encourage you to share them here, I will be starting with Tzaphqiel so if anyone has any stories or info please, share.

Stay frosty,
Orismen.

have you thought about working with a spirit long term(on a regular basis) to help combat depression? for a while I kept a sigil of Glas’yos in my wallet, and I would activate it anytime shit started getting out of control. I dealt with uncontrollable rage for the longest time, and since my monthlong working with azazel it hasn’t been nearly as bad, and borders on rare these days. I still get bouts of paranoia for no goddamn reason, but when I do, the sigil would help get me back into a rational frame of mind.

Thanks Icarus. I have worked with Raphael to help me combat depression in the past. I don’t suffer as much as others, so I mostly just rely on meds and meditation.

A dear friend has decided to gift me Gateways Through Stone and Circle so I’d like to begin working with this grimoire. It may not be exactly as Rufus’ work but they are based off the same principles and entities. Hopefully I can contribute something worthwhile in these regards.

Best of luck to you bro
TWF

[quote="-TWF-, post:4, topic:3182"]A dear friend has decided to gift me Gateways Through Stone and Circle so I’d like to begin working with this grimoire. It may not be exactly as Rufus’ work but they are based off the same principles and entities. Hopefully I can contribute something worthwhile in these regards.

Best of luck to you bro
TWF[/quote]

Nice, R.O.'s is a very good but very small modern version of Drawing Spirits into Crystals. I was just listening to a podcast of Frater Ashen Chassan and his seems to be a heavier version. Hope you have great experiences with it.

Yeah I’ve been meaning to check his stuff out but I’ve got enough on my plate at the moment. I like his blog and interviews I’ve heard.

[quote=“Orismen, post:1, topic:3182”]Hey BALG,

So I put my Vassago work on hold for the indefinite future for a very good reason. I suffer from depression. I always have, I also know that any demon (no matter how nice) can and will bring their rather chaotic energy into your life. It would not be a good mix for me to jump onboard with any sprit right now.

But this has made me realize something…there is something I have always wanted to do. I have always wanted to get into the Solomonic Grimiorie Tradition. Why? Does it promise me vast wealth? No. Super Powers? No. Women (or men) throwing themselves at me? No. What it is however is a Great Work. It is a way to work on myself over a long period of time, I like that.
I used to think that I would have to buy $10,000 worth of equipment but thanks to a tip from Baphomet I have been able to gather everything I need for less than $20 (most of the stuff I had already). He hipped me to Rufus Opus’ Modern Grimoire series and I found that I really didn’t need a whole lot to start the angel work while keeping in line with the tradition.
So this month I am going to read a lot of Psalms, research a lot, and pray (and get some medication) Next month I will begin my workings with the Archangels. If anyone has any experiences with them I encourage you to share them here, I will be starting with Tzaphqiel so if anyone has any stories or info please, share.

Stay frosty,
Orismen.[/quote]

Aren’t you glad you still have that Mormon bible? heh.

I don’t know anything more about this other than what you can pick up reading forums and books, so I’m really hoping you’ll update us here with things as you go along if that’s possible?

Pretty please! :slight_smile:

Anything you can share about the equipment you use as well… it’s not something I’m likely to take up (though, never say never) so this might be my only chance to actually hear the inside story. If that makes sense! :slight_smile: