The World and The Death Card?

Hi all, I’ve started learning to read tarot recently and I tried a spread that I found for determining a possible new relationship.

I met someone yesterday who I have been lucky enough to cross paths with at different times and each time we’ve missed the chance to actually stop and talk. Well, yesterday we finally got that chance and it was a fun and interesting conversation. At last haha. It was a case of we both had to take this chance and she confirmed some things and we have been on each other’s minds for quite a long time now.

So this tarot spread that I found has ten cards and there’s one position that shows what qualities in a person the target/subject would most be attracted to in general.
The World card showed up.

Another position was for advice to me on how to be most attractive to her.
The Death card came up here.

Another card, the 9 of Swords came up as for what she would think of a date with me. I’m not sure whether to Lol at that but it seems like it means it would be a big deal for her like a WTF this is crazy kind of moment. But what do I know, I’m the newbie.

And as a newbie in card reading, I guessed that the World card, her general ideals she looks for in a person, could mean someone who has a grip on things in life, has wide understanding, dependable.
Maybe, maybe not?

And then the Death card depicting advice to me for being most attractive to her. This really puzzles me because we are clearly already very attracted to each other.
Death = ending, new beginnings, perhaps clearing something out of the way. I read a description saying that the death card for relationship as sexy, as in describing the point of orgasm as “the little death”

But as an advice card to show me how to be most attractive to another person (who already finds me attractive, unless her big smiles and the way our eyes lock onto each other is a miss understanding), how could I interpret the death card?

1 Like

I would see it as a hint towards “It would be REALLY alluring if you could end old behaviours/beliefs that aren’t serving you anymore”.

I think that being able to go through stages of (even strenuous) transformations IS an attractive trait because most people find it more comfortable to let everything stay as it is, even if its destructive to them. The Death card is a transformative card, you can not escape it (similar to the tower) but it is on you to choose how you handle it. With dignity or with making a fuss about it. Demonstrating composure in the face of changes or necessary transformations is attractive. (it would match with your interpretation of the World card in your reading, as well)

4 Likes

Probably an outsider. She looks for people totally different from her, especially foreigners, but it could also refer to people from different ethnicities, religions, customs, etc. She probably likes to travel and get to explore different places too.

I’d say it could have something to do with BDSM activities.

That’s a card of depression and anxiety. Maybe pull a clarifier to see why it would turn out that way, so you can avoid it.

2 Likes

How interesting :slightly_smiling_face: thank you A_Pariah and I think you have hit on something that passed through my mind a while back in between times of seeing her. There’s something of an ongoing life situation that I have to deal with and it sets me apart from ‘normal’ people - hey, am I in the right club here or what lol.
I realised that to overcome this I have to demolish the entire mountain or find a way of confidently owning my explanation.

Again @A_Pariah, you hit on something that I tried to bypass when I saw the Death card, that I should reinvent or reinterpret my situation instead of what is the classic ‘Not Quite Good Enough’ syndrome that has kept me below par.
Damned intuition.

I decided a while ago that these sporadic events when we appeared at the same place, these are like little gifts, just like when you try and find out what’s inside the wrapping paper, give it a shake and feel the weight and oops my finger broke through the wrapper - what is it? It’s so tantalising and I like it.
The gift is there but it’s not time yet, until I express myself like the death card is telling me to.

2 Likes

Next time you encounter this mindset, try to re-label it as “Work in progress” and see what it does for you.

I wish you the best in whatever you want to get out of this connection.

2 Likes

Yes I guess it’s possible but it could take a while to find out about that.

Yes I can see that she might feel something disturbing if she were to go on a date with me in the near future because for her right now it would be too much of a risk. And as for a date with her, that really doesn’t matter, I’m more interested in the curious human connection there that seems to separate me and her from the rest of the crowd.
What happens or not is part of the journey and nothing has to happen with her at all soon. She has her own life and it’s tantalising and enjoyable, romantic and interesting enough as it is.

That’s a good idea thank you @anon6645274, I’ve not pulled clarifiers before and as yet I don’t know how that works so that’s a new idea on me :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yes I like the work in progress label :slightly_smiling_face:
When I said not quite good enough, I tried to put it another way but mostly I do know my value

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face: I think it’s just the romanticism of it :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

If thats what you both can get from this connection: enjoy it, no matter how long it might last :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well I’m thinking a little romance fires up my neurons and I get those butterflies each time I see her lol