The witching hour 3am

Hi, I’m planning to do a love spell on a Friday, and based on my learning of the LHP, its best to do these kind of spells at the witching hour (around 3am), as the target would be more vulnerable to the spell while they are asleep. Quick question, the witching hour for Friday would it be on Friday 3am (after Thursday midnight) OR Saturday 3AM (after Friday midnight)?

I hope that makes sense. Just would like to clarify and confirm on that.

Witches, sorcerers, black magicians… please help!

Thank you

Raven

1 Like

The day starts at 12 am so the witching hour for Friday would be on Friday.

1 Like

That is actually incorrect.

Magically speaking, a day is considered to be from sunrise to sunrise, not sunrise to sundown. The concept of the next day starting at midnight didn’t come into being until the advent of the clock, so, astrologically speaking, Friday goes until sunrise Saturday morning. That is why planetary hours are split into day and night but are all considered to be the same day.

Friday’s Witching Hour would, technically, be 3 AM Saturday morning.

9 Likes

This is true per planetary hours, the only thing that muddies the waters is that the Jewish Sabbath begins at sunset Friday, making something of a case for the next day beginning at sunset, something that may feel more authentic for those of us who had weekday jobs we hated, and felt that glorious freedom of clocking off on a Friday!

But Friday is itself day of Venus, commonly associated with love, whereas Thu is day of Jupiter, also for increase and abundance, so either way, 3am Friday morning would be viable, just also make sure not to count in summer daylight savings time. :thinking:

3 Likes

What standard are you using? I am using ISO 8601 with NIST overlays. I use spells like atand cron that also use ISO 8601.

1 Like

If you do it this week:
on Friday (3 am Saturday) is the hour of the Sun
On Thursday (3 am Friday) is the hour of Saturn.

So it depends. You can use the concept of being as the Sun - the most important One for your lover.
Or you can use that of Saturn - the one who binds her or him.q

1 Like

Hmmm in planetary hours Friday starts with Venus at midnight after Thursday.

The hour of Venus is:
Friday 00:00-01:00 am
Friday 02:00-03:00 pm

1 Like

I love this thread, great info.

2 Likes

No.
Planetary hours are calculated by dividing the length of the day into 12 equal parts, and the night into 12 equal parts.
Planetary hours are almost never 60 minutes.

This Friday the second hour of the Sun (at night) starts around 2.51 AM.

1 Like

Hi, thank you all for very insightful comments and advice! really appreciate it. It’s done. Maybe I’ll update something here after seeing results :slight_smile:
Cheers

Raven

2 Likes