The Star Game / Enochian Chess / other "games"

While perusing and searching for information on some old lost occultists I hit one of my old links to Enochian Chess. I had some fantastic pics of a created board and pieces but it is lost probably on a thumbdrive somewhere. I did find a few books about it and I will familiarize myself with it as best as I can. Then I remembered mention of “The Star Game.” I found a few links to past books er pdfs which are more or less scanned old documents and it inteigued me as well. Do any of you know if anyone has used 3-D printing to reconstruct these boards and pieces and maybe recreated the rules for easier reading? I’m surprised no one created apps for these like there are for Tarot, I Ching, etc.

Do any of you have any experience utilizing these “games?” TBH, I’m not so certain they are just frivolous games.

AI prompting may be one way to visualize mockups for these occult games, if you’re interested in doing so

Right now there’s a board with pieces on eBay for just under $900

Thought I read somewhere that enochian chess was meant to be more of a meditative exercise to an extent. The “game” is supposed to be somewhat divinitory so that certain predictions or revelations can be made from it.

The elemental board it’s played on, and it’s pieces (4 elemental tables in one board with 4 sets of elemental pieces, fire, water, air and earth) are supposed to aid in learning about the elements interactions. Obviously this probably involves a lot of qabbalistic thought.

I always thought the stargame was some kind of “magical star trek chess”

Haven’t read the rules to it in a hot minute, but my assumption is that it was that particular currents version of enochian chess figuratively speaking.

1 Like