The Spirit of Love

S Ben Qayin recently expressed to us an interesting idea,that he builds his Anthology article upon.That bloodlust,rage,vengeance,etc. fuels the person,and when such emotions gather up they feed a ‘‘Spirit of Hate’’,which in turn simply releases itself upon the world.The intent of the curse,then is more to free oneself of this spirit,and if the person gets injured or dies…that’s a happy consequence.

I was wondering,if such a thing exists in love magic,as a spirit of love.In my time,I have grown to love mind control magic,and through it I have successfully convinced many to do many things for me.But I will tell you something,in full honesty:For the life of me,I can never perform a love spell that would benefit me.

And that’s because I’m too attached to the outcome of the operation.One will find,that I am rather clingy,and slow to let go of a crush.At some point,a random girl and I exchanged smiles,and had an extended period of eye contact:I didn’t stop thinking about her for three weeks.

So the reason all of my direct love-related operations fail,methinks,is because I simply cannot let go of the ‘‘Spirit of Love’’ and enter into non-attachment.

And I love those feelings,one will find they are intense and powerful,and immense catalysts for ritual(as evidenced by the fact that I have used the desire to be with someone and directed it towards a different goal altogether),but without the proper ending to the Operation,I can’t succeed in such spells.

I consider myself kinda charming.In the field of love-related magic,I mostly do things like open Belial’s sigil,to get him to manipulate circumstance and get me in the same social circumstance as the person I know.

There is love,of course,outside of romance,and this is where the Spirit of Love does prove itself.As I love my friends,and my family members,and have on many occasions released a desire for them to be blessed,and pouring all that want into my rituals had made their lives happy,and me happy.

Hate feels wrong,it feels evil.No wonder one can’t wait to get it out of them.But love,while intoxicating and annoying,is not something I wish to rid myself of,and it’s much harder to exit a ritual,forget about the girl,and just expect her to waltz into my life.

So,I want to hear,what are your thoughts on all of this?

[quote=“Arcane, post:1, topic:5478”]S Ben Qayin recently expressed to us an interesting idea,that he builds his Anthology article upon.That bloodlust,rage,vengeance,etc. fuels the person,and when such emotions gather up they feed a ‘‘Spirit of Hate’’,which in turn simply releases itself upon the world.The intent of the curse,then is more to free oneself of this spirit,and if the person gets injured or dies…that’s a happy consequence.

I was wondering,if such a thing exists in love magic,as a spirit of love.In my time,I have grown to love mind control magic,and through it I have successfully convinced many to do many things for me.But I will tell you something,in full honesty:For the life of me,I can never perform a love spell that would benefit me.

And that’s because I’m too attached to the outcome of the operation.One will find,that I am rather clingy,and slow to let go of a crush.At some point,a random girl and I exchanged smiles,and had an extended period of eye contact:I didn’t stop thinking about her for three weeks.

So the reason all of my direct love-related operations fail,methinks,is because I simply cannot let go of the ‘‘Spirit of Love’’ and enter into non-attachment.

And I love those feelings,one will find they are intense and powerful,and immense catalysts for ritual(as evidenced by the fact that I have used the desire to be with someone and directed it towards a different goal altogether),but without the proper ending to the Operation,I can’t succeed in such spells.

I consider myself kinda charming.In the field of love-related magic,I mostly do things like open Belial’s sigil,to get him to manipulate circumstance and get me in the same social circumstance as the person I know.

There is love,of course,outside of romance,and this is where the Spirit of Love does prove itself.As I love my friends,and my family members,and have on many occasions released a desire for them to be blessed,and pouring all that want into my rituals had made their lives happy,and me happy.

Hate feels wrong,it feels evil.No wonder one can’t wait to get it out of them.But love,while intoxicating and annoying,is not something I wish to rid myself of,and it’s much harder to exit a ritual,forget about the girl,and just expect her to waltz into my life.

So,I want to hear,what are your thoughts on all of this?[/quote]

Bump.I’d appreciate some feedback or thoughts because this our attempts,fellow LHP magicians who can’t do love spells,to troubleshoot a form of magic which I see has a lot of potential,and power,and a lot of potential for power.

Well as i walked the positive way all day every day i found that ‘love’ came back where ever i walked. I was just projecting love to everything. Every Flower, heck even a lot of stones. And specially when i found myself feeling some kind of hate for someone i started to try and love him. Bring up the emotion of love and project it to the individual. It even became scary to me at some point where i was heavily seeked from so many people, i barely got time for anything anymore. But i needed and wanted time for my ascension. So i probably broke some hearts along the way because of this but that showed me that i have to see things neutral instead of charging them with emotions.

Just love everything around you and watch how the love you pull out must come back from corners you have never expected.

Same goes with every other emotion i guess.

[quote=“Epsilon, post:3, topic:5478”]Well as i walked the positive way all day every day i found that ‘love’ came back where ever i walked. I was just projecting love to everything. Every Flower, heck even a lot of stones. And specially when i found myself feeling some kind of hate for someone i started to try and love him. Bring up the emotion of love and project it to the individual. It even became scary to me at some point where i was heavily seeked from so many people, i barely got time for anything anymore. But i needed and wanted time for my ascension. So i probably broke some hearts along the way because of this but that showed me that i have to see things neutral instead of charging them with emotions.

Just love everything around you and watch how the love you pull out must come back from corners you have never expected.

Same goes with every other emotion i guess.[/quote]

I am actually,in a similar situation already.I have no enemies,and tend to pour out forgiveness and love,onto everyone around me.Of course,the fact that my life is kinda perfect(at least,epic),through constant usage of the devices around me,black magick included,kinda helps this fuel this optimism.

So,yes,I suppose this is indeed releasing the Spirit of Love into the aether and reaping the rewards,just as the curses do so with the Spirit of Hate…