The second coming of Christ

He said anyone can work through his name, so in a sense the second coming is as real as you make it.

3 Likes

That is a interesting approach, Jesus might be Saoshyant the most concrete proof of this I’d say is the Magus at his birth, the Magus or Magi were Zoroastrian priests coming from the east (Persia most likely).

1 Like

Can be, but I’d say a second coming is something much more different than a miracle done by one of us, if he accomplished it once through prophecy then what stops him from doing it again?

Again, the history of the birth of Christ has some parallels with other religious systems (for example, Mithraism). But in order to understand where what came from and how it intersected, it is necessary to carefully study all this.

Each religion has experienced the influence of those religious, philosophical or ethical currents that existed before it or with it. Therefore, today we have a number of large religious systems that have very ancient roots (and some of their stories and events are drawn from other mythologies and beliefs, or creatively reworked).

2 Likes

To borrow a phrase, you can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear :slight_smile:
I don’t see the demiurge evolving any time soon. It has nothing much to do with the fictional character of Joshua, who was probably a folktale aggregated from many hero stories anyway.
So, no, imo.

1 Like

Let us see :wink:

Well then why did you ask? Did you expect to come and preach to the converted?

To which I would say, one man can be silenced, locked up, killed, millions adopting his methods and presencing Christ consciousness when needed, on the other hand, cannot. :thinking:

2 Likes

7 Likes

That is DEFINITELY a thing, and related to some of the most recent research I’ve been doing (magickal, not armchairing it) - also, my sources say his intention wasn’t to impose monotheism on the world, but simply to give us a hand up and to some extent, restore the kinds of abilities we had during a previous civilisation, which are referenced in the book New Avatar Power, about which I shared my own thoughts here: Things our society has lost or forgotten: could true magick be one?

4 Likes

I have studied about the coming of Christ, and I found a lot of similarity in this being the coming of the age of Aquarius, there are many similarities between the biblical text and the precession of the equinox and the vernal point mainly in the prophecies of Daniel, Ezekiel and Apocalypse. I study astrology and I noticed that the tetramorph that are the 4 animals that are on the faces of the Cheops pyramid and the great marker of ages, the aquarium will be the 1080 years of Christ’s reign symbolizing the angel of the tetramorph. daniel says a time two times and half a time and that is the symbol of the eras of bull, aries, fish and aquarium. I believe that now in this time that we live some new God will come because he will be the sign of the coming of the new age as he will also see the opposite of him. by astrology, things are well defined in symbolism, and I believe that caution is needed to discern all information as the truth is fragmented.

4 Likes

Totally agree - Odin & world tree is another parallel. The concept is even in the tarot (hanging man -> death) and is fundamental to human existence.

1 Like

Thanks, Eva :grin:

No, just getting a better understanding of the subject

Respectfully ,

I remember that,

Mahavatar Babaji and Haidakhan baba are beings who are said to have been manifested.

So, in my opinion it’s possible for a being to manifest into reality.

1 Like

That’s interesting information, thanks

1 Like

hes great! are you into Self Realisation Fellowship?

to me the second coming of Christ is the awakening of Christ Consciousness

Self realization yes…fellowship. wdym ?

1 Like

its the organization that Yogananda founded