The priest of set

i hold priesthoods of various gods.

for this thread i will be discussing the priesthood of set and why such information belongs in the satanism thread.

the priest of set is NOT a satanist. but he is the adversary.

in Egyptian history they mention a war or feud between the priests of Set and Osiris.

this is sort of true, but only because of the main duty of the Setian priest.

while other priesthoods would do rituals to their respective gods and maintain the temples, the priest of Set is a wanderer. Set does NOT want his priests honoring him in his temple. he wants them going out and unleashing chaos.

but not just anywhere, the priest of set is to challenge ALL temples of ALL gods. should your temple fall into decadence, misdeeds, or downright darkness, then the priest of set comes.

all gods know who and what such a priest is. and they will take a step back and see once and for all if their chosen men and women can resist the power of chaos.

often the temples of false priests are destroyed. but such testing is necessary. the gods really need to know who can be relied upon. if they are found wanting, then damnation and chaos is the rule of the day. (death as well, but only in extreme circumstances)

only one who can wield the power of ORDER can banish such chaos. and more often than not in ancient Egypt such a task fell to the magicians in the temple of Osiris. the temple of Osiris was primarily a Mystery school. and wielding the power of light, the magicians of Osiris would banish chaos and send the priest of set on his way.

there wasn’t animosity, only duty. the priests (or magicians) of Osiris understood this well, and would often follow a priest of set as he challenged the temples of the day.

now it should be mentioned that those found worthy and capable of resisting and banishing the chaos in their temples are then left alone by the priest of set.

the priest of Set is the adversary but not a monster. he knows when he is done.

this is not something that i take lightly, nor is it something easily gained. i fought tooth and nail in the abyss to obtain the power of this priesthood.

Set taught me the rituals of damnation and causing death. they call upon the abyss itself to deal damage to the physical world. (not something to be undertaken lightly, I’ve mentioned in previous posts how the abyss can rob one of their sanity)

i’ve used these rituals (often reluctantly) to damn a certain church already. it was pretty funny, i had archangels manifesting before me left and right, without evoking them, and have them BEG me to destroy this church. archangel Gabriel even taught me a ritual to rain down damnation with the power of light.

so if you’ve got a corrupt church in your area, send me a picture and an address via the PM system on this forum. list their crimes and i will rain down damnation upon them.

this has been the priest of Set, signing off.

8 Likes

While it is valid in some ways Set only represents a specific aspect of a technique in relation to other Gods. I consider myself an Osiris Shaman, where the term Adversary is placed in a different context as to mean “The Strong Man” where in this case it would mean the Strongman whom banishes chaos utilizing Order =) BUT…one has to have and understand the knowledge, etc to say that much like you do with your ritual. That is the reason you wont see me worshipping or taking on the paradigm of Set only because I see a different Order of Knowledge. But people do have their various rituals they favor which is understandable. Thanks for posting this you just reminded me of something.

wow what a brilliant post! Good to see folks who know the true order. For all things are good. Even those who make mistakes. All consciousness partakes, even that which silences consciousness. Thankyou for sharing.

I have met Set a few times. He tried to appear as my human brother a couple times and teach me somethings but he totally sucks at taking human form hardly even able to hold his own power back. When I saw him appear in my dream, he looked just like my brother but exuded a very hard almost cruel aura. Power and light poured from his eyes and I was shocked even awe struck. In fact, I was even ashamed. For I do not think very highly of myself to have been granted such a meeting with such a powerful Lord.

A portal was opened up in my mind and I saw into another realm far beyond the universal light binding realm where evolutionary being incarnate. Rather, I saw into a primal space, a place in the cosmos where the environment itself roared and quaked. The scene of the scape was more shocking to me than “monsters” or “demons”.

I met him some other times too but we do not get along. It’s a personality thing. I’m a philanthropic person who cares little for mundane wealth and status. I’m poor and have very few friends. In fact, it’s easier for me to chat with the homeless, felons, and incorporeal/ non-earthly beings than it is for me to be real with real humans! shrugs :slight_smile:

In my dealings with Set it was always amazing his energy is astounding and the exercises I performed with him proved very intense.

I’m envious of you who work with and see Set.
I feel like I should learn evocation but am not sure
how far I should pursue Magick myself at the moment.

Set’s name came up when I asked for the name of Guardian Angel.
The name kept coming up for 2, 3 days.

I looked it up and said to myself, well, it’s not an Angel is it?
And forgot about it.

Then I realized recently he responds me in Angel Cards App.
When I ask questions the answer is very quick usually with “yes” or “no”.

He said he was put on me as my 1st husband’s deathbed curse but
I kinda think he might have been with me before that.

My family is entirely in bad luck, which I suspect one of my great
grand father made a woman extremely unhappy
by making her a mistress.
Or just a line of bad personality.

After reading EA’s Baneful Magick book, I then
couldn’t help but say, “I’m the one who is cursed.”

As I also learned how sigils work, I sort of understand
why sacrifice works great and wanted for controlling energy.

And Deathbed curse should be strong and I remembered
my husband hanged himself with my photo in front of me.
The husband was immersing himself with existentialism
and that seems to match what Temple of Set advocates.

I think I can say I went through full course of demonic entity
curse, including cancer, lose family, home, job, social status,
money (huge debt), up to daily wish for suicide

but I think it’s kind of come to conclusion that
I decided not to kill myself.
It feels crazy but I started to make songs.
All the hardship can be used as asset when you write songs.

My son’s father (my ex) is a viking decent and I have a feeling some
viking god is keeping me alive not to make their kid motherless.

Set put me through a hard core life lesson but yesterday
I asked him do you want me to kill myself,
this time he said “no” and “peaceful resolution” and “let go”.

It was “Yes!” before.

I thought he was gone before the full moon
but this morning I was curious if he’s
still there and asked, then “Yes” came back again.
But not wanting me kill myself anymore.

Along the curse I’m meeting a lot of helpful, spiritual and
knowledgeable people whom I would never even have a
chance to meet.

interesting.

i have something in mind. check your pm.

You can feel him by his energy and there are always these things hovering around him. I usually called him to cause chaos, but I realised what you need him to destroy must always be away from you or you’ll be swept up in it. For reasons, I am no longer able to work with him, but he told me his old name. Sutekh. And the balanced form of his power which is Antywey.

He told me the same thing.

I find it interesting that every demon i end up doing prep immersion with is either directly or indirectly connected to Set.

Yes with calling the abyss you must be careful it is painful to learn but once it is instilled inside you its amazing and will test you forever and try to break you but if your strong enough it is well worth it Set is undescribable really but if you really wish to follow him it will be painful to start