The Monroe Institute - The Gateway Experience

I have just completed the gateway voyage with the Monroe institute. So I thought I would open up this thread to allow anyone to ask questions about what it is, what you can expect to take away. For those of you that are not familiar here is the documentation on the course.

8 Likes

I’ve worked through a few of their meditations, what would you say you’ve gained/taken away from the experience since completing it?

1 Like

The main thing they try to teach you in the course is to feel the difference in the different levels of consciousness. To be able to immerse yourself in the feeling of diving deep in your consciousness. First you would start out with the audio to create the Hemi-Sync then you would take yourself back to that level of consciousness without the audio queues taking you there. Throughout the course they will explain what each level can be specifically used for wether it be meeting your guides. Speaking to those who have died or just learning to talk with your higher self, asking for guidance on a certain situation you are currently struggling with.

For me before going I always second guessed messages I recieved. I gained the knowing of when I am receiving messages or making them myself. Without a shadow of doubt I can easily distinguish between the two. I was able to meet one of my guides. A guide who is always with me, he is one of the 4 beings that will help me out of body when I need it.

The whole retreat is 5 days and 6 nights long, by the 3rd night I was ready to go home. Not because I wasn’t enjoying it but because I had taken away sooo much that I felt I had already gotten waaay more than my moneys worth. I enjoyed it so much that I am looking into becoming a trainer for the Monroe institute.

So let me do a quick break down. (UPG alert)

My main goal for the trip was to learn to induce an oobe. The steps I felt I was still needing to work on was to be mind awake body asleep. Then to recreate the vibrations state.

Within my first day I was easily able to get into mind awake body asleep with and without the audio queues. This state the institute refers to as focus 10. Focus 10 is getting your mind into alpha and keeping it there. The next thing we worked on was keeping focus 10 while not in meditation and outside walking around.
Then working with your resonant energy balloon.

Day 2
Was all about focus 12, this is getting you into a delta state. We used roughly the same technique but just added more to go deeper and into delta. Same as before we learned to then walk around in the waking day in focus12 without dropping it. Then they taught us about the energy bar tool and it’s uses including healing works.

Day3
We went to Fucus 15 which is theta. Same as before, learning to feel and induce it without audio queues and how to keep it going in a waking state. Day 3 ended with us learning about what they call the dolphin energy club. Which is another more powerful way to use the energy bar to heal your 3 bodies, physical, energetic and spiritual.

Night3

We were supposed to do a late night exercise. I ended up flipping onto my bed in my room. There I started receiving messages from my instructor about needing to lower my guard so I can get more out of the class. Next thing I know I’m in my mental scape talking to a version of myself. So I’m just chatting away with him like I normally do. I start talking to him about my curiosity for meeting my own guide.

I here: yeah man, so a guide would be really helpful. I would have a real clue then on what to do to induce the vibrational state.

I there: huffs, how many times do I have to tell you. Ok, let me break it down Barney for you. Who do you trust the most? Could you put all your trust into someone else?

I here: my own judgement…… I mean I’m capable of trusting others it just takes time.

I there: exactly, we need to get off this marry go round and you need to accept the fact that I, meaning you, are your guide.

I then had snippets of memories of having this conversation prior. So I continued to lay on the and live in the feeling of what it would be like to be my own guide and the excitement of having a guide I can fully trust. I was loving the moment, I then clicked out into a day dream. I was back in the gateway classroom telling everyone about my experience the night previous and we were all laughing and happy about it. I then clicked out again. Here I found myself standing before myself again. But that’s not totally correct because I didn’t see anything. I perceived I was standing in front of myself again. I could hear myself talking to me. I was saying “I’m always here” “ I’m never gone” “I’m here buddy”. It was on repeat, over and over. The same type of sentiment, I then realized I was clicked out and brought my awareness back to my body that hadn’t moved and still had its eyes open.

I’m still hearing myself tell me that I’m here with me and to keep calm and follow my own voice. I did not keep calm lol. The first thing I notice when my awareness is back in my body is that I have a large blackish purplish blue glob in the center of my vision that is moving like oil in water. It startles me because I’m not prepared. My voice comes back in louder to me telling me to not be afraid and that this is what I paid all this money to achieve.

I then knew I was beginning the process for exiting my body. So I did what I told myself. I trusted the process, the more I did the larger the blob grew. The more I inspected the blob to try and learn more about it. The more it would shrink. So I stayed the observer and it progressed. My vision went black, all the while my guide self is telling me to relax it all going good. I could then feel 2 people at my shoulders and two people at my feet. They were helping to pull me out. I started to feel the kundalini rise from my feet and blow out of the top of my head. With it came the feelings of anesthesia and what I call the wah wah’s. My vision then started to return in a purple haze. I jumped the gun and tried to move and when I did my vision went back to the black blog but like it was almost fading so back to square 1. My guide tells me it’s ok we are getting you out tonight.

I become urged to journal this all down so I don’t forget the experience and my excitement totally breaks my trance.

Day 4
We learned focus 16-21

Day 5
Was grounding and bringing you back from your expanded awareness.

7 Likes

I still have a lot that I am unpackaging as time goes by.

2 Likes

I appreciate this description SO MUCH!

Will you ask your guides to help you be clairvoyant or clairaudient or psychic or some such?

Did the hemi-synch tones at the institiute sound diff from the 1980s recordings? Less muffled? Less static-y?
https://archive.org/details/the-gateway-experience/

Is this a useful tone for hemi-sync? Earbuds are required.

How can one be “mind awake, body asleep” while walking around actively? I assume it wasn’t like sleepwalking.

3 Likes

Could you explain the method remaining in F10 or higher Focus levels while being awake, alert and walking around?

Because I showed your post to a friend that has completed all the 27 levels of the gateway tapes. She was quite impressed and wanted to know how she can emulate that.

1 Like

It was a simple exercises that was taught to us by our trainer Deryn. It was as simple as going on a walk in a nice atmosphere and using the one breath technique to move yourself into focus 10 then opening your eyes(or not having to close them depending on how adept you are) all while remaining within focus 10. It was to teach you to move about without breaking your focus10. Once you became comfortable you can move to focus 12 and higher as you gain that ability.

I believe I was in a focus15 state when I entered back inside my room while I was moving around. Since I made that original post above about what happend on my third night. Obviously I’ve continued to think deeper about that situation to understand it. I’m now remembering earlier in the day making comments to fellow participants that I felt stoned. Like I was sorta out of it.

When I entered my room I was already feeling lucid prior to the events that transpired.

If they have more questions feel free to hit me up. I’m currently working on opening a Missouri chapter for their focus groups and am waiting on the applications to open for the out reach where I can become an official trainer.

3 Likes

I’m very glad this was able to help you. I wrote it telling myself if it helps atleast one person I’ve done my job. So this is great

I must have left this out of my original post. So the first time I met my guide. I’m no longer 100% certain how the conversation progressed. But my recollection is that when he told me he was my guide I said some smart ass shot along the lines of “well if your my guide then tell me how I can distinguish between me myself talking and you myself talking.

I there: feel the energy signal in my words and feel the energy signal in your words

I here: I don’t feel any energy in my words…

I there: exactly…

So I have gained the insight and trust in myself that I was lacking previously. I now 100% feel the difference

I have downloaded personally the older 1980 version of the gateway experience as well as the brand new version now that Hemi-Sync has been sold.

Honestly the course was a mix of both. A lot of the old ones that still work amazingly with some new ones they have recreated like all the focus 15 ones.

It’s all in the terminology. When they say body asleep it is very inaccurate. What it really should be is body relaxed. This was also brought up in my group comments from on of the participants so good question.

3 Likes

“using the one breath technique to move yourself into focus 10”

Just to make sure I understand your instructions crystal clear. Are you referring to “From now on whenever you take a breath and think of the number 10, you will be directly in Focus 10, where you are in now” this that the one breathing technique?

Here below I will link some articles.
For your own study or further students.
(if you can reach F15 which is the void, you can OBE from there 3rd link, or the post that @veil made about trance meditation)

All Articles
http://web.archive.org/web/20130205102703/http://www.explorations-in-consciousness.com/articles.html

Focus 10
http://web.archive.org/web/20130505004619/http://www.explorations-in-consciousness.com/focus10.html

THE QUICK-SWITCH METHOD BY FREDERICK AARDEMA

THE VIGIL METHOD BY FREDERICK AARDEMA
http://web.archive.org/web/20130201092110/http://www.explorations-in-consciousness.com/vigil_method.html

Stepping out

DREAM SYMBOLS OF BODY SEPARATION WHILE ASLEEP BY ALFRED BALLABENE

Astral Signposts: The Stages Of Out-of-Body Experiences

Varieties of Lucid Dreaming Experience
http://web.archive.org/web/20130120184312/http://www.lucidity.com/VOLDE.html

SOME PRE- AND POST-OBE PHENOMENA BY BOB LEPAK

OBE RELATED PHENOMENA BY BOB LEPAK AND ALFRED BALLABENE

MATERIALISTIC THEORIES OF THE OUT OF BODY STATE
http://web.archive.org/web/20130831005513/http://www.explorations-in-consciousness.com/materialistic_theories.html

2 Likes

Just a quick question about this, would you say that focus 12 is where the astral senses come into play?

1 Like

Focus 12 “expanded awareness” this is a state where conscious awareness is expanded beyond the limits of the 5 physical senses. Focus 12 has many different facets, including exploring nonphysical realities, decisions making, problem solving and enhanced creative expression.

2 Likes

Basically,

The way I was taught was to take a breath in while envisioning a the number 10 in yellow. Hold the breath while continuing to hold that yellow 10. Then when exhaling you would push your awareness out in the corespondent color.

3 Likes