The Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram

I am getting back to ritual magick and thought I would start with the basic LBRP ritual from the Golden Dawn. It’s my understanding that this ritual will flip your life upside down and kick your ass so you can build it up again.

has anyone got experience with this ritual? I want to know what I am getting myself into before evoking the four cardinal archangels.

Thanks.

1 Like

This is not my experience with the LBRP, For me it is both an Empowering and cleaning rite that can be done Before a Ritual, it never really turned my life upside down

3 Likes

I don’t mean to use it before or after rituals but to exclusively perform it everyday for a period of time.

my expereince with it is the same as mephistors

In my experience it’ll do the same

Utterly useless.

Agreeing with Mephistor, I have to say I’ve never heard that it will kick your ass and turn your life upside down. It was one of the first things I ever learned and practiced, many years ago. Crowley said that anyone who believed it was just a banishing ritual didn’t deserve to use it. I’ve found in addition to what it does magickally, it’s an excellent tool to build your visualization skills. If I recall correctly, I practiced it without worrying too much about visualizing until I had it down pat. Then I began visualizing in earnest.

Basically, you’re making yourself God. You draw Divinity down and into you at the beginning, giving you all of the power of Divinity to channel and use. You then surround yourself with Pentacles, the symbol of manifestation. You’re creating a circle in which you are God, and you can create. That’s pretty cool, in my book. As far as the Archangels go, you’re not evoking them, per se. I mean, ok, you are, but not like evoking one to have a chat with and ask for something. You’re basically just having them stand watch at the four corners.

I’ve never felt doing just the ritual banishes anything. Once you’ve spoken the last words, and you’re surrounded by blazing, crackling pentagrams, and have four Archangels with you, and you’re brimming with Divinity, then you tell stuff to fuck off. After that, let the visualization fade, and go about your working.

Or, like you plan on doing, you can just do it to do it. It’s a good ritual, and adaptable to any system.

2 Likes

Agree my friend.In the past i wrote great things about this exercise,only to realize now that all it does is to banish nothing…Maybe minor and very low level psychic dirt…

I’ve had a problem before with entities lingering and I used the LBRP to banish them.
How is it useless? Unless it was just a coincidence that they left or they left because it was my will for them to leave.

I’ve heard that before about the LBRP but I’m not sure what anyone is thinking or demanding when that happens. My guess is people hear it makes their lives better and then overcharge themselves (and thus the ritual) to the point where they create catastrophic changes that would’ve been better had they been done slower and less powerful. I guess they get confused by the whole, “Inflame thyself with prayer,” bit and put too much into it.

I’ve heard that on reddit before but never had an answer until now. If you wish to practice the ritual, I’d suggest the spirit of harmony and tranquility to be the foremost thought given that’s congruent to what you’re doing- balancing the forces of nature in a holy arch. Best of luck!

[quote=“Kenneth, post:10, topic:8917”]I’ve heard that before about the LBRP but I’m not sure what anyone is thinking or demanding when that happens. My guess is people hear it makes their lives better and then overcharge themselves (and thus the ritual) to the point where they create catastrophic changes that would’ve been better had they been done slower and less powerful. I guess they get confused by the whole, “Inflame thyself with prayer,” bit and put too much into it.

I’ve heard that on reddit before but never had an answer until now. If you wish to practice the ritual, I’d suggest the spirit of harmony and tranquility to be the foremost thought given that’s congruent to what you’re doing- balancing the forces of nature in a holy arch. Best of luck![/quote]
I’m with you there, having a balanced mind set is paramount to any working I’m not sure everyone understands Crowley’s metaphor. But then again does anyone even know what the heck was going on in Liber Al Legis. You basically need to talk to Aiwass to understand it which of course is Crowley’s guardian angel so they say.

What manner of entities?

How is it useless? Unless it was just a coincidence that they left or they left because it was my will for them to leave.

The LBRP functions in a similar way to making yourself seem large against wild animals.

You stomp, you roar, you look big and threatening, and most bottom-feeders and random parasites will simply screw off. Unless, that is, they’re starving.

What the LBRP actually does is similar to Skyrim’s “Fus Ro Dah”- it blows things away… but it doesn’t actually hurt them.

You can send an entity to the other side of the multiverse if you’re skilled enough, but if it knows how to maneuver those lands it could be back, in time.

Most magicians cannot throw things out of this universe through banishing rituals.

And sometimes, if a creature is compelled to attack you, is starving, or otherwise seeks your blood enough that a little defense won’t stop it from coming after you, then you need to either roll over and submit, or kill it.

The LBRP can, when dealing with true opponents, only buy you time- that is, if we’re operating under the assumption that the opponent is simply stronger than the beings you call upon.

Then it’s like hiding behind a door only to have it smashed down.

And, being honest, if the being after your blood is capable of brushing off the archangels, and the LBRP is still something you use to deal with hostile beings, then you’re likely screwed anyway.

1 Like

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mquKZg-Ovcc]Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram (LBRP) - YouTube

ahhh… i didn’t want to do this… but

banishing entities (in a way Velotak described) is secondary effect of LBRP

primary effect of LBRP, i’m afraid, falling prey to the enemy trap. it’s a trap aimed at seekers of knowledge. doing LBRP is time wasting practice. it’s too long. 2-3 times a day? … ok buddy… i’m sure you’re gaining UPG like crazy! (reffering to the video above)

also, i think it’s a ritual of desparation. also, it’s like calling the space cops. a lot of noise, flash and bang and mighty police there to protect you!

yes… you might observe all these sensations of relief… but it’s not real… you’re being guarded by the pigs dammit

and we know who the pigs work for

[quote author=Velotak link=topic=9409.msg97334#msg97334 date=1481926990]

What manner of entities?

[quote]

They were entities that were lingering after an evocation of a demon from the Goetia.
I am can’t remember which demon it was that I evoked.

[url=http://theisticsatanism.com/bgoat/rituals/BasicExercises.html#LBRP]Basic Satanic Rites and Exercises

Thought I’d share this

[quote=“MSXY, post:1, topic:8917”]I am getting back to ritual magick and thought I would start with the basic LBRP ritual from the Golden Dawn. It’s my understanding that this ritual will flip your life upside down and kick your ass so you can build it up again.

has anyone got experience with this ritual? I want to know what I am getting myself into before evoking the four cardinal archangels.

Thanks.[/quote]

I remember doing this for a really long time & no issues for me either; it banishes energy from a room but of course only for a while is all. furthermore it’s a grounding ritual and basically “pumps you up” for the real ritual you want to hold.

Can I do this like I’m just only imagining all scenarios without pointing physically doing all in my mind?

Although I haven’t needed to use it for quite some time ( knock on wood lol), and do not call on the archangels anymore, it never turned my life upside down, so that wasn’t my experience with that ritual. However when invoking the archangels independently, they can be rather harsh and even frightening, so really that’s the only way that could happen with them. :slight_smile: