The legendary Prince Orobas and Solomon's 72 spirits of the Goetia

Any mention of me among them that you know of? Just invoked three big guys.

1 Like

:open_mouth: ummm @Nightside why would I be talking about you with spirits? @Nightside why would spirits come to me talking about you? šŸ¤· Just sayingā€¦:grinning:

2 Likes

Lol, no worries. I will divine. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe I missed something somewhere bro. Sorry if Iā€™m dense and not getting what youā€™re saying.

1 Like

No, didnt miss anything at all :slight_smile:

1 Like

Chapter 32

To Shem or not to Shemā€¦that is the question.

Iā€™m not going to spend much time going over what Shem is. You should already know that. What I do want to talk about is why I donā€™t shem and will never Shem.

Iā€™m going to give you an abridged version of a channelling session with Prince Orobas and another BALG member. The parts Iā€™m including in this are approved by Prince Orobas. Itā€™s his story so itā€™s his call what I post.

As I said in the beginning of the book Iā€™m going to tell you about his ā€œfallā€.

Id caution you against reading into this literally this probably was explained to us in the language of metaphor. Upg alert. Take it with a grain of salt.

Prince Orobas at his creation was a powerful angel serving in a choir that added glory to God.
One day he had an awakening. A moment of self knowledge, he was able to distinguish himself and his voice from the others.

When this happened everyone thought there was something wrong with him. Even he thought there was something defective about him. He tried and tried but could not make his voice in tune. This caused him much sadness. Much alienation. It was through this experience he knew he needed freedom to be what he really was and follow his own star. He left and it brought him great sadness.

Others left for different reasons that Iā€™m not going to go into here but many that left during the rebellion were his friends and allies.

Now letā€™s get back to Shem. When a magician chooses to add Shem angels to the equation allegedly it creates " a union of power". A demonic work horse with an angelic intelligence to guide it.

Prince Orobas has said repeatedly that he doesnā€™t care either way but he also says some spirits donā€™t like it.

Why would I put him under angelic supervision when he didnā€™t want to be an angel anymore to begin with. I wonā€™t do it. I think itā€™s disrespectful.

The biggest reason I wonā€™t use Shem is I donā€™t need to. I evoked all 72 without the use of Shem angels. I donā€™t need to go between between me and the spirit I want to work with. The concept of that undermines my authority as the magician. I wonā€™t have it.

Suppose I call Duke Agares again but this time I strap him to the table with Shem angelsā€¦what do you think his reaction to that will beā€¦ gratitude, kindness, respect for me? No no e of those things are likely responses. Heā€™s probably going to be pissed. I would be.

There is no substitute for authority and there is no substitute for building a working relationship based on like, trust and respect.

Now youā€™ve heard my spiel about Shem but let me add there have been a few times that I wonder if it would have been safer. My experience with Asmoday is one, agares another and even Glasya Labolas and Raum were some hair raising heart stopping experiences that made me wonder if I would live to tell the tale.

The decision to Shem or not to Shem is entirely yours, youā€™re the Magician. Youā€™re the boss. Decide whatā€™s right for your practice. To be fair alot of well respected schools of magick and famous practitioners have used shem.

Itā€™s really your call. As far as results go and this is really where the rubber meets the road. You can get results both ways. A Shem working does limit the fallout and blowback of a Goetic working this is true. I personally am ok with the spirit expressing itself in my world in the way it sees fit in its quest to manifest my wish.

Let me give you an example. Marquis Leraje loves to destroy. Itā€™s his passion. He absolutely cannot resist targets of opportunity. After calling him to punish a wrong doer the very same day one of my neighbors houses caught fireā€¦the very next day another neighbor kitty corner to me thier house caught fire too. Thatā€™s two fires in two days on the same streetā€¦thatā€™s just how marquis leraje is. :grin:. Now when I evoke him I make clear to limit the targets of opportunity and stay focused on the objective at hand. Iā€™m not going to tie his hands with Shem angels Iā€™m just going to do a better job of setting the instructional parameters. Thatā€™s my responsibility as the magician. Thankfully no one was hurt and the damage restorable. Lesson learned.

You have to decide whatā€™s right for you and your practice. If you Shem itā€™s ok with me if you donā€™t Shem itā€™s ok with me too.

Think of a Goetic evocation like a jail work release program. I am releasing the marquis leraje into my world for the purpose of X. If I add Shem angels now heā€™s got a probation officer to deal with.

I personally donā€™t want to put him through that. I want him to experience my world through his own lens and be able to gratify himself while he accomplishes my work. This way he takes pleasure in manifesting in my work. This is my view on it.

12 Likes

Chapter 33

The Duchess Bune - Material girl living in a material world.

I gotta say I love the Duchess Bune. How could I not. Sheā€™s got style, so much style.

I donā€™t recall the time of year it was but I do recall this was an outdoor evocation during the witching hour.

She came very quickly when called, in my mind she appeared like a fairy dressed in a shiny satin blue dress :dress:. She had blond hair in a pony tail and a magic wand. Wtf I thought. I tested her. Who are you? " Iā€™m the Duchess Bim." ā€œBim,ā€ I said? Yes this was her.

ā€œWell what did you want?ā€. I felt awkward telling her but I needed cash quickly. I needed 300$ fast. I told her what I wanted and needed and she got a very serious expression on her face. She indicated to me this was something she could help with and I Expressed great gratitude.

Within three days I had the money. A relative sent it to me unsolicited. Thatā€™s the part that blew me away. I didnā€™t have to go begging to my relatives they just thought I might need some money and sent it. My dignity was still intact. Thatā€™s the part Iā€™m most grateful for.

The Duchess Bune, or Bim or bime or what have you delivered in such a decent way.

Hail Duchess Bune

13 Likes

Epilogue

I hope this work helps you to evoke your dreams to physical manifestation.

I hope it evokes a sense a wonder and mystery and majesty with regard for our most special art and practice.

I hope my experience is useful to you in your transformation and ascendence.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

I will make myself available for Q&A on this thread as long as possible.

10 Likes

Interesting. You called Bune by the most commonly used name, but she identified herself by what traditionalists, like Henry Archer, consider to be her actual name, Bime. :thinking:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve never read any Henry Archer thatā€™s very interesting.

2 Likes

According to his book, The Magick of Angels and Demons, the popularity of the name Bune is due to Aleister Crowleyā€™s garbled translation of the Lesser Key, which has become the most well known version.

He says Bime is the correct, and most effective, name.

5 Likes

One technique Iā€™ve learned as I recite the spirits enns chant is to alter the name at the end of enns with different variations of the spirits names. When I feel the energy surge or hit a higher octave I know that I need to use that name during the conjuration.

In this case Bim and Bime were the two strongest names I noted during the enns repetitions.

8 Likes

Wow Bime, spot on thatā€™s my experience too. :thinking::thinking::open_mouth::open_mouth:

5 Likes

Hate saying this but she reminded me of the fairy Tinkerbell too. Lol I know how that sounds but itā€™s true :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Some people believe she is a mask of the Egyptian goddess Wadjet.

1 Like

Yes and that wouldnā€™t surprise me actually.

I think I mentally projected an image of her being fae like because of the benefactor/fairy godmother aspect of her granting material wishes

3 Likes

Iā€™m not sure I buy the association, as their offices share no similarities, but then, I donā€™t really buy into the whole mask idea to begin with. This universe is wide enough to encompass any and all spirits as their own distinct beings without them having to be masks of one another.

3 Likes

Iā€™m actually not sure I buy the association either. Sometimes I think I wish for things to fit in boxes that actually donā€™t.

2 Likes

Either way, she sure is a gem, ainā€™t she?

Itā€™s so common now for people to refer to Bime/Bune as female, though, especially on this forum, that I wonder if anyone still gets the classic male form when they call. :thinking:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a good question. She was unmistakably female to me.

1 Like