The Last Jedi?

There is a thread with a different question regarding the movie here and this is completely different.

I also understand this is a polarising (potentially) topic but what did you guys (especially star wars fans) think of the direction disney took Luke Skywalker?

Personally I see the pros and cons (regarding the story and the end of the film) but ultimately am unhappy regarding star wars in this current time.

P.s… thanks disno

4 Likes

I find it a good example of number six of The 21 Satanic Points of the ONA

Never love anything so much you cannot see it die.

Also a wonderful way to introduce children to the concept of nihilism. I’d say more but that would involve SPOILERS and as it’s been shown many times if anyone gives any criticism to movies like this justified or not they are of course just a misogynist, racist troll.

Here’s a good analysis on my feelings of it minus all the profanity i’d use.

3 Likes

Meh, I thought Bladerunner 2049 pretty much sucked as a whole (though like the curate’s egg, bit of it were excellent), and yet it had no discernible SJW themes apart from one female boss, which is no big shakes these days, especially since she was obviously pretty flawed, and lonely, and not some superwoman zipping out snappy repartee.

Quite an accomplishment to make something so bewilderingly “meh” when you consider the budget and talented actors in it! :thumbsup:

“Let’s start with this maggot farmer in an eye-achingly ugly set, that’ll reel 'em in!” they must have thought. :rolling_eyes:

[details=Spoiler]“And then we’ll just fuck everyone’s shit up, on all ‘sides’ and for no discernable reason, and without any real payoff either - ooh and let’s make sure the really evil character dies the kind of death that’s neither satisfyingly gruesome, nor even that convincing.”

Also Ryan Gosling wouldn’t have been my first choice for the main role, too hamster-like, they needed someone with a bit more robotic edge.[/details]

2 Likes

i’ll pretend to like drinking until that wriggles it’s way out of my life haha at least…

@Oldways1 I have seen all the films. I think, all things considered, TLJ was actually a good movie. I still think that they made Rey way too powerful for the limited amount of exposure that she had to the force. Luke Skywalker had to wait till The Empire Strikes Back just to use the force to call a lightsaber to himself while Rey can play tug of war with it the moment she faces Kylo Ren. Anyway…I kinda wished Disney would just StoP making Star Wars movies. Quit while they are ahead.

3 Likes

We need a kotor 3 made by obsidian

3 Likes

I feel like the new trilogy is basically Disney trying to recapture what made the original trilogy so great…

Episode 7 is A New Hope, but worse.
Episode 8 is Empire Strikes Back, but worse.

Will Episode 9 be Return of the Jedi but worse? Only time will tell.

4 Likes

I agree with basically all of that apart from the good movie bit, I saw it either 4 or 5 times with the ‘yeah but’ attitude and am no longer partcipating with disneys sw films

That is SW’s ONLY redemption for me now haha that would be fcking amazing!

And @Anziel_Merkaba I do agree there in lots of respects also

1 Like

Star Wars has been destroyed even the phantom menace was pretty bad and I only thought the rise of the sith of the first new 3 movies. The last two are globalist, SJW anti white trash

4 Likes

Spot on! Is anti-man also

3 Likes

It sucks seeing your childhood get raped.

6 Likes

Yeah your right totally forgot to mention that

2 Likes

Curse them, especially the organisation

2 Likes

Not worth my time.

3 Likes

All these comments on point, it was very bad watching. Unless we get a KOTR 3 then sw will never sniff a penny from me again… (bar battlefront 2 I didn’t buy that yet)

1 Like

SW Battlefront 2 is fun.

1 Like

it looks it, graphics look mental

Which console do you play on?

1 Like

long stories (I have had them all), but i’m getting a ps4

1 Like