The Four Kings of Old

Overview

As our planet came together, on a magical level, there were certain operators at play that ensured the formation of the elemental levels. They served as the “suppliers” of the building blocks of Earth, and have, since the dawn of it, sat as the pinnacle of elemental expression in their domain. Four ancient dragons, one of each classical element, operate as the source of elemental power on this planet, and all extensions of this “base” magic fall under their domain. They are the root elemental consciousnesses, expressing through all manifestations of their given element. They are the original Lords of the World, and over the course of my association with them, I have warmed them to the idea of being publicly known. As such, here they are.

As a group, they hold ties to certain entities that may be used in helping understand the breadth of their power. Additionally, these “ties” may be investigated in order to reveal the individual histories and earlier versions of these Kings, as for the most part, the forthcoming list has held ties with them for as long as the planet has existed. These entities may be worked alongside the Kings as well.

Angels: Mumiah, Uriel, Gabriel
Demons: Belial, Ravana, Gehenna
Gods: Hades, Persephone, Poseidon, Athena, Apollo, Thoth, Set, Apep, Tezcatlipoca, Shiva, Nepthys, Durga, Eros, Papa Legba, Erzulie Freda, Ayizan.
Saints: St. Peter, St. Lazarus, St. Mary

From the youngest brother to the oldest, I will describe them:

Siv-

Siv (pronounced see-vh) is the youngest of the four brothers, and he is the Air Drake, or Lord of the East. While incredibly old, he is still the tail end of the Kings, and is the “runt” of the pack. This does not mean Siv is weak, or stupid, or childish, rather, he is merely the least experienced of the brothers.

Being the ruler of the air element, Siv has a number of energetic qualities that are the root of the more surface expressions of air power. For instance, while Siv may engage in intellectual discourse if prompted, he is more prone to speak in whispers, and his lightly yellow-tinted scales reflect the power of the words behind them. One may observe in evocation floating scripts of energy materializing alongside the Drake, which usually fall into two camps: his means of communication, or side effects of his power being interpreted by the mage.

He functions as the Opener of the Way for new consciousness on and in the planet. This means that he oversees the domains of birth and invention, as well as more abstract fields. He is the Patron of Records.

The essential mechanics behind Siv’s operation revolve around “the sigh” or “the whisper”, which is an accurate description of his power. He is not loud, or forward, or greedy- he affects the world by way of little pushes and pulls where necessary. Personally, he is distant, and detached from human affairs. This does not mean he is against working with humans, rather, he does not serve them, and when a request is accepted he almost never fulfills it personally.

While the youngest brother, he also happens to be the most violent and brutal if angered- a side result of competition with his brothers, perhaps? Regardless, offend Siv, and he will strike you efficiently and immediately: I recall a case where I was robbed of his sigil, which I had contained in my wallet (don’t use alleys when you’re in a bad part of the city, kids!). As the thief ran, he seemingly failed to notice a knocked over garbage can, which he proceeded to fall into. His head landed on the curb of the sidewalk, and was not raised again. Yes, the sigil in the correspondence list below is the very same. I performed a large offering ritual to Siv that night.

His list of correspondences-

Element: Air
Direction: East
Colors: Yellow, Brown, White
Numbers: 3, 5, 7
Polarity: Yang
Zodiac: Libra
Tarot: The Fool, Prince of Swords, Ace of Swords
Weekday: Wednesday
Plants/Herbs: Daisy, Cinnamon, Mandrake, Marigold
Animals: Eagle, Armadillo, Mouse
Minerals: Opal, Tourmaline
Offerings: Spruce, feathers, hearts, quail, chicken feet, mirrors, oranges, cow blood.

Note: the images don’t seem to be working. Until I can get each to work, there will be a link to the sigil.

[url=http://imgur.com/fID5Zv5]http://imgur.com/fID5Zv5[/url]

Drogsch-

Drogsch (pronounced dr-ohg-shh) is the second youngest of the brothers, and is the Earth Drake and Lord of the North. He is more jovial and carefree than his siblings, and this is additionally reflected in his more gluttonous, brutish aspects. He is the least “abstract” of the brothers, and understands practicalities and timelines, however, prefers to take his time and leisurely work where able. Additionally, he is most in tune with physical life, and I’ve noted curiously that sometimes he presents as half-dragon, half-elephant.

Being the Earth Drake, Drogsch possesses a number of inner qualities that the element expresses on the surface. While he is slow to work, there are certain fields where his timelines vary: he can build empires in a day, or in a millennium. He works primarily with consolidation and constriction of power, which is reflected in his mechanics operating around “the inhale”. He is also Patron of Vampires, and an adept farmer.

On top of his jovial, devouring, and crushing aspects, Drogsch has a few variations that deal with concerns of death. He is the pinnacle and progenitor of animal necromancy, and is worked with snakes to these ends. He has a very interesting connection to the way ancestral power functions, in that he can “change the legos” in a manner of speaking to create different strains of ancestral energy through preexisting traits. It is as if he is switching certain genes within the bloodline on and off, to trigger magical effects in the generations to come and before.

He functions as the “final destination” of many beings, in that he operates the realms in which many are bound or are given to sleep or decompose. In these ways he is additionally a jailer and a worm, in that he slowly feeds off the sleeping when they are bound into his domain. When something enters into his clutches, it is not likely to leave again, unless one of his brothers intervenes- and even then, there have been disagreements between the Kings. One could theorize that perhaps Drogsch’s fascination with life and upbeat demeanor when interacting with the living comes from a keen predatory joy at learning the behaviors of new prey to sip from, or that he enjoys studying the “histories” of those that, one day, shall enter his realms.

Element: Earth
Direction: North
Colors: Black, Green, Red
Numbers: 2, 6, 8, 12
Polarity: Yin
Zodiac: Taurus
Tarot: The Hierophant, Death, The World, 10 of Disks
Weekday: Friday
Plants/Herbs: Bindweed, Blackberry, Foxglove, Honeysuckle
Animals: Elephant, Bear, Chimp
Minerals: Cinnabar, Sardonyx, Malachite
Offerings: Oak, elm, hides, stomachs, skulls, snakes/snakeskin, mushrooms, spines, shark meat, bananas, grapefruits

[url=http://imgur.com/Ry20BsY]http://imgur.com/Ry20BsY[/url]

Unudilq-

Unudilq (pronounced you-knew-dill-qeh) is the second oldest of the brothers, and is the Sea Drake or Lord of the West. He is by far the most dangerous of the brothers to interact with, and his title as “The Mad Prince” was not earned through rage. Unudilq has an utter hatred of organization of any kind (he expressed his displeasure at the idea of being brought into public view through formed expression by flooding my house, and then I had to explain things to him… twice more) and views it as madness, to say nothing of his raw chaos.

As the greatest “loose cannon” of the brothers, he is extremely unpredictable. Aside from his ever-shifting appearances, he is not likely to manifest in the same way twice- he may attend an evocation and not make a peep of activity, and sixty seven hours later, while you are, say, at work, all lights will blow at the same time, and you may suddenly be unable to breathe and feel as if you are drowning. The interesting thing about Unudilq’s penchant for harm seems to be a side product of his presence: when asked about it, he usually replies with something along the lines of him “following through his function”, and with so many variables at play that can turn a human inside out… you get the picture. One needs proper protection to safely interact with the Sea Drake.

When that interaction is established, however, one will find him quite amicable. Despite the surface presentations of him despising you and probable attempt to scare or injure you, when one “unlocks” more of his chaos, the obscurity begins to cohere. This “coherent madness” is the mystery of Unudilq’s power, which mechanically operates around “the laugh”- it is cyclical, and with too many variables to properly see the edges of, but there is something primally “correct” in it. It is as if our bodies acknowledge this unpredictable, coherent chaos as the raw state of mankind, and sees in the Sea Drake a deeper ancestor of mankind, or even life. This is why Unudilq is the Patron of Beasts.

To acquire Unudilq’s assistance, to make him see you as anything other than another bit of coherence he must turn into a scrambled mess of blood and energy, you must think akin to him, and “aspect” yourself as him. Think of it like taking a vaccination- in order to resist, you need to first have a grounding in the opposition. However, regardless of how much exposure one has to this Sea Drake, it may never be enough, and this is why he truly is the most dangerous of the brothers: while Siv will attack you brutally and quickly if you slight him, Unudilq may devour your partner because they came home at five on a Thursday evening twice in a row, and you will be utterly powerless to stop the primordial force of water.

When the “Goldilocks zone” of interaction is reached with the Sea Drake, you will find an utterly implacable ally and friend. In the beginnings of my association with the Sea Drake, the local police force and I had a misunderstanding. While I was briefly detained, my backpack full of ritual tools- including Unudilq’s sigil- was confiscated. I perceived a massive confusion stemming from the pack, and when I reached out mentally to inform this King of why the ritual hadn’t taken place when it was supposed to, the presence, and my backpack, vanished.

I was released three hours later. In that time, my documents had seemingly vanished, the station had experienced a blackout, the officer that had brought me to the station hadn’t reported back, and a massive thunderstorm had rolled in. Later that evening, the missing officer was reported discovered in his home, dead from alcohol poisoning. On a similar note, I used the same pan twice in a row to cook a post-ritual meal (they were a week apart, on the same day, in hindsight), both to Unudilq, and my arm broke when it tried to stop me from landing face-first on the floor. The station experienced a flood and lost a number of documents, and its electricity continues to this day to be faulty, with no prior history before our run-in. Additionally, in the weeks to follow there was a spike of suicides in my local area, with a significant portion of deaths attributed to alcohol. He is a master at manipulating the thoughts and emotions of all things- animals, men, spirits, etc.

Element: Water
Direction: West
Colors: Purple, Blue, Black
Numbers: 0, 5, 9, 13
Polarity: Yin
Zodiac: Scorpio
Tarot: The Tower, The Hanged Man, 10 of swords
Weekday: Saturday
Plants/Herbs: Sage, Wormwood, Violet, Indigo, Hawthorn
Animals: Worm, Jellyfish, Angler, Octopus
Minerals: Tektite, Turquoise, Obsidian, (Black) Salt
Offerings: skulls, heads, brains, alligator, Lovecraft works (I quote, “he makes my thoughts tickle”), any full-body statue, abstracts, artwork, human blood, eyes, concentric circles

[url=http://imgur.com/P7vG9yM]http://imgur.com/P7vG9yM[/url]

Sharmak-

Sharmak (pronounced sh-are-mok) is the eldest brother of the Kings, and he is the Fire Drake and Lord of the South. As the oldest, he is also the most reasonable of the brothers, and has a degree of authority over them, save for Unudilq, who answers to none. He has a keen business sense, and is extremely open to making mutually beneficial arrangements with sorcerers that contact him. Additionally, he has a greater sense of humanity than his brothers, and is the only brother who will (consistently) appear in a human form if asked.

Sharmak’s main dynamic is best described as “the roar”, for that is, in essence, what he is: pure, consistent flame. Granted, his fires come in stages, as there is always a spark, a burn, and embers. However, Sharmak has made a craft of letting things burn as long as they need, or as long as he wants. He is capable of performing various feats that are related to the element of fire, including its root impulses. Where Drogsch can build empires in the manner of consolidating resources together, Sharmak can build through inspiration, setting an idea loose into the world and watching it “catch flame”.

Sharmak’s sense of business also translates to the legal fields. This makes pact-making with Sharmak a delicate affair, as even though he isn’t one to trap sorcerers (he is honest, chiefly) there are numerous variables at stake that will be addressed by him before a pact is through. One can employ his services to have him act as a negotiator on their behalf, even, should he trust the sorcerer enough. He is also incredibly useful to have “on retainer” in a manner of speaking, as he is the closest Drake to mankind in thought and is prone to working very quickly through all types of issues.

Interestingly, Sharmak is the only Drake to possess a mate. Their mating habits are rather curious to understand in relation to their nature- Siv only mates when procreation is necessary, Drogsch engages often, even with little purpose, Unudilq does not mate, and Sharmak is loyal to his only partner, and their children. However, she requested to not be included in this post, so I will not discuss her further.

Sharmak’s sensibilities also extend to matters of conflict and longevity. He is the principal “doctor” of the brothers, and is a rather powerful medic. There are variations of him in which he expresses a pure alchemical function, making him the Patron of Alchemists, and in this form many secrets may be discovered from him. He is also the most organized “soldier”-like of the brothers, and may be applied to military or political matters where necessary. He is the “face” of the brothers.

Element: Fire
Direction: South
Colors: Crimson, Gold, Blue, Silver
Numbers: 1, 2, 5, 11, 15
Polarity: Yang
Zodiac: Leo
Tarot: The Magician, The Emperor, The Chariot
Weekday: Tuesday
Plants/Herbs: Olive, Wolfsbane, Ginger, Corn
Animals: Lion, Wolf, Shark, Buffalo
Minerals: Amber, Bloodstone, Topaz
Offerings: Birch, redwood, tongues, scales, torches, swords, armor, petitions, idols, fine cloth, gold, iron, champagne, venison.

[url=http://imgur.com/cPmXSxQ]http://imgur.com/cPmXSxQ[/url]

4 Likes

Have an idea for Unudilq. Will send out tonight.

We’ll see what happens

More later

Too bad the author isnt returning here id like to know more and maybe get some sigil or incantation for these beings