The difference between 'working' and invo/evocation -DOM

I see alot of people on here talking about how they started working with say, Paimon for example.

Paimon told them this and that, and they started ‘working’ with him.

I don’t understand how one ‘works’ with him. If I am using the system out of DOM I am essentially just petitioning something, and waiting for the result, correct? But in this context I am not ‘working’ with him like how some of you refer to it as right?

How would I start ‘working’ with one of these beings if I am using DOM?

Trying to understand better

When you “work” with an entity, it simply means that you’re petitioning or evoking them on a regular basis. So Instead of just calling them for a one-off task, you’re doing more than one ritual with them over a longer period of time. For example, if you are working with King Paimon to get into a highly competitive school, you might summon him to help with your studying, and then again to influence the evaluation of your application, then to gain the favour of your instructors. You would also be taking his advice on what actions to take and discussing any concerns you may have. Together, you would evaluate your plan of action and make any changes as needed.

A magical ritual is also sometimes called a working. You might see someone say that they “did a working with Belial to get a job,” for example, and that simply means that they performed a ritual. To use the DOM method you mentioned as an example, when you do Ritual 1, the petition method, you are doing a magical working.

1 Like

" You would also be taking his advice on what actions to take and discussing any concerns you may have."

This is a perfect example of what I mean. How would I be getting his advice? How is he communicating with me?

" you’re petitioning or evoking them on a regular basis. So Instead of just calling them for a one-off task, you’re doing more than one ritual with them over a longer period of time. For example, if you are working with King Paimon to get into a highly competitive school, you might summon him to help with your studying, and then again to influence the evaluation of your application, then to gain the favour of your instructors. "

Does this mean I wait for one result, pay what I offered, then start the next one and repeat?

Or am I calling him daily adding to what I need?

Thanks for response

If you are using Ritual 1 from DOM, you should wait for results before petitioning again since the method does not allow for two-way communication in the same way a full evocation does. If you wanted to do a long term working with the demon’s input, Rituals 2 or 3 from DOM would be better suited for that, but they do require more from you in terms of effort and skill than Ritual 1 does.

No, there is no need to petition daily.

1 Like

When you say, ‘their input’ how are they giving me answers? Ive actually done ritual 2 quite a few times and prefer it over ritual 1. I never get direct answers though. Am I suppose to, or do they show up the following days in some form or fashion?

I have very little experience with rituals, so the entities I summon I just give offerings and words of praise. This is working from my part and from their part, they grant wishes and such.

1 Like

Usually telepathically, if they have something to say. They can also communicate through dreams and intuitions. In the secrion on Ritual 2, the author says you may receive communication through omens or intuition, but he also says conversation is possible as well with time and practice.

Not necessarily. If they have nothing to tell you, then they likely won’t say anything. Did you get what you asked for with Ritual 2? If you did, then communication is being had regardless if the demon spoke or not.

I’ve only received what I asked for one petition when I used Ritual 1. I was looking for a direct answer for something and Alloces spoke through a friend and thats how I got the answer. It wasn’t from him himself.

Is it good to give any sort of offering when I give the petition before they have delivered? DOM doesn’t state to do this, just didnt know if this helps at all or is irrelevant. Im following everything from DOM to the T

In Demons of Magick, the author covers offerings and when to do them. He recommends a small offering up front and then a larger reward once the demon fulfills the task.

2 Likes