The devil[s] you know

I keep seeing people of both paths going on and on about triangles/circles/banishings and I wonder WHY?!

Excuse me if I sound stupid, but isn’t anyone FRIENDS with those who help us?Hasn’t anyone just asked the “locals” if any of them would like to enter into a mutually beneficial pact or even friendship?

Now before I sound too SUICIDAL:
Yes, I ALWAYS work with the trappings and tools of protection, UNLESS the one who comes was recommended by one who is a FRIEND.I don’t let strangers into my house and I damn sure won’t evoke one from outside without getting to know them!On the same note I won’t invite a friend over, jerk him through a crack in the fence, throw him in a cage, and scream at him until he helps me. you DO know they live a LOT longer than we do in human bodies RIGHT?they have long memories as well, and disrespecting one enough can get you a lurker waiting until you enter their realms to give you a real nice beat down for being a prick.
Be polite,
be subtle,
Threat as you would be treated.
you might find you have friends catching your back “out of the blue”!

Just an old fart’s two cents, now shred me. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Magus shadow, post:1, topic:1703”]I keep seeing people of both paths going on and on about triangles/circles/banishings and I wonder WHY?!

Excuse me if I sound stupid, but isn’t anyone FRIENDS with those who help us?Hasn’t anyone just asked the “locals” if any of them would like to enter into a mutually beneficial pact or even friendship?

Now before I sound too SUICIDAL:
Yes, I ALWAYS work with the trappings and tools of protection, UNLESS the one who comes was recommended by one who is a FRIEND.I don’t let strangers into my house and I damn sure won’t evoke one from outside without getting to know them!On the same note I won’t invite a friend over, jerk him through a crack in the fence, throw him in a cage, and scream at him until he helps me. you DO know they live a LOT longer than we do in human bodies RIGHT?they have long memories as well, and disrespecting one enough can get you a lurker waiting until you enter their realms to give you a real nice beat down for being a prick.
Be polite,
be subtle,
Threat as you would be treated.
you might find you have friends catching your back “out of the blue”!

Just an old fart’s two cents, now shred me. :slight_smile: [/quote]

That’s kind of how it is with me. If I do evocations I use triangles and circles sometimes, but for me its mostly just for psychological reasons, because those items make it feel easier for things to happen. Though recently my power went up a couple of notches due to some stuff happening so doing it that way hasn’t felt as nessecery. For example called Azazel up recently to go do some stuff while I was just sitting on my bed without all that stuff.

From my own perspective I don’t think it’s necessary to defend yourself against entities who have the same interests as you, and EA himself says several times over that the notion of demons wanting to kill you as soon as they can is just absurd

Exactly.I was expecting a shitstorm of RHP types I suppose,blathering the same tired mantra about how they are here to serve us[same types who put a demon’s name in a tin box and threaten them with fire.]Now there ARE beings out there who would just as soon kill you as look at you, just because they can.BUT nobody really has ever written a compendium of astral/etheric life as far as I know.Saying “Daemon” is akin to saying "Earthling"it’s a pretty damned broad brush to paint with.LOL.even among the “Fallen ones”, there are dozens of types and species,each with unique means to summon them.what would get Azazel in your presence all happy and interested wouldn’t even get Malshupzia’s attention and so on.some don’t even need a ritual, just saying their name will bring them to you, like certain beings in the Necronomicon.I often wonder if there are some out there hoping for their “big break” to get famous like Azazel and Pazuzza.LOL
Just dreaming some magician finds their name in some musty, forgotten tome and summons them in. I do know a few just want left alone, but most of them have suffered the not so tender mercies of RHP types.