The Demons Of The Testament of Solomon

So this is a very interesting topic that I hardly see being brought up in magick. From what I understood Solomon was doing blind Evocations. He called the following list of demons:
Ornias, Beelzebub, Onoskelis, Asmodeus, Tephras, the 7 star sisters (a reference to the Pleiades), Envy, Rabdos, Rath, Tribolaios, Obizuth, the wingdragon, Enêpsigos, Kunopaston, an unnamed “lustful spirit”, the 36 spirits of the decans, Ephippas, Abezethibou.

I had worked with Abezebithou in the past who is the left hand man of Beelzebub.

Most of them have greek names and are clearly stolen from other cultures. I recognized the demoness Enepsigos as Hecate, Rabdos as cerebus
There is also jinns there, I think it’s Tephras.
The 36 decans are stolen from ancient Egypt and are renamed.
Obizuth seems related to Lilitu of mesopotamia

Right now as I going from beleth to vine in my pathworking, I got this sense that some lion deities are connected. Rath is said to appear as a demonic Lion and he is given the epiphet of “lion bearer” which translates to greek as “λεοντοφορος” (leon-to-phoros) what’s interesting is that even tho he has a clear epiphet of that could be easily translated in greek hence can be given as name he still goes by the name of “Rath”

Has anyone worked with those demons and spirits? I do plan to call on Rath.

Thanks in advance.

4 Likes

It’s very thought provoking that you’ve amassed knowledge of source names. No one replied, but Youtube, different search engines, and science journals could help. I’ve never heard of 7 star sisters (or the Pleiades), several names, & demonic lions. I’d be offended if you called lions demonic so now I have to search.

Scientific journals and publications have materials they’ve analyzed, but not spoonfed to the public. If you have this smart mind, please go deeper and write about this. No one has mentioned these names Solomon used who were later rebirthed under Roman and Greek masks. Find places where serious occultists are,

White washing harmed magic. By renaming gods and ignoring original sources for greek and roman names and promoting them, the Original names of power were wiped out or ignored.

All they do is talk about “Solomon’s Seals”. No one gets at the source unless it agrees with their paradigm & things like Damon Brand’s Cashbook powered by a possible genie named Nitika, but not explaining who Nitika is.

1 Like

I did indeed research conventional sources, Abezebithou is the most worked and evoked from that list. He is an interesting fellow.
As for the lion matter, Rath is said to appear as ferocious and he is a demon as well. Rath | The Demonic Paradise Wiki | Fandom.
I had called Vine to physical manifestion and he appeared angry and ferocious as well that’s why I say why lions appear so demonic (if they are forms taken by them) what’s more interesting Vine had a red hue on him and spoke in a calm and angelic voice despite the ferocious appearance.

Thank you! I am thinking of making a seperate post and discussion for the decipherment of demonic names and origins And indeed I am a demonolgy junkie🤣
I had read that the goetia is based from a preplatonic animism system.

I haven’t yet read this book, but basically he gave out this upg entity (not really upg since people have success with him) interesting that he didn’t said a word about him.

1 Like