The Chill

Welcome to my Basic Scrub Talk!

Today I want to discuss a certain Phenomena which a lot us have experienced in the past - or are currently experiencing - when dealing with spirits or non-physical forces: A certain chill.

What is “the chill”? To me it feels like a tingle all over my body. This tingle can hold a few seconds. Usually it comes in “waves”: It holds a few seconds, then it is gone and then it comes again. I only feel this tingle in the upper side of my body: From the upper part of my head, down my spine. This is only how it feels to me, though!

I realized a few other people experienced the chill, too. So I thought it would be interesting to discuss this topic a little bit.

So I asked myself: Is the “chill” an accurate method to find out if a spirit is present?

Here are the thoughts of my critic self: Many of us deal with entitys and powers that are shunned by society and therefore are forbidden. Even though we consciously seek contakt with this entitys, are uncousciousness might still believe “ok, we are dealing with forbidden stuff here, how dangerous and exciting”, which results in “the chill”. I experienced a not so intense chill minutes before engaging in my first gay sexual intercourse.
To avoid confusion: I’m bisexuell and I surpressed my attraction to the same sex for quite some time because I thought it was wrong and false (thanks society).

“The chill” seems to be a commonly known sign for the present of something otherwordly. Movies and books are using “the chill” to indicate that some spirit (usually the ones considered sinister) are nearby.

To me it seems possible that our unconsciousness steps in and is producing these chills.

What are your thoughts?

I am especially asking the more experienced people who have been dealing with spirits frequently: Is “the chill” getting weaker due to some kind of conscious / uncosiousnes attunement? Maybe your uncosciousness is now saying “meh, this gets boring”?

As usual: The same Phenomena could happen because of two different things. For example: Diarrhea can be coused by several things (bad example but I am lacking a better one). So maybe it could be the uncosciousnes first but after we are over it, it still could be used as a sign. Maybe it’s getting stronger?

As always thank you for reading and I’m looking forward to your respones!

Maybe your one of those people that craves spooky movies and so your mind conjures a Chill feeling over your body? =)

I’m not really a movie guy. I prefer storys and books when it comes to entertainment. But since I’m not the only one feeling this Chill we’d have to wait for other experiences to validate that theory! :wink:

Theory: its Lady Eva stalking you =)

Just kidding. When energy is hot it comes from generated spirit chi which is burned off from the body. When it gets colder it is more on the physical level because energy as it gets more dense is reversing and so is cold. The body is dense energy that is cooled or at a certain temp. So like when you go out and exercise like running your body heats uo because it is burning off chi. The body itself is fuel and the reason spirits treasure the human realm.

How do I know? Experience with magickal practice and observation of certain other magickal interactions with people with me. I discovered this around 2007-2008 when I was doing energy work with chinese styles mixed with western energy work.

I almost always get the exact chill that you are talking about. It sometimes happens immediatly when I am just walking up to my altar to initiate the ritual.

At it’s most intense, the chills have gone throughout my entire body in quick successions and sometimes focus on certain parts of my body such as my hands or my feet, sometimes for no reason either. During the most intense of rituals my entire body not only goes through these chills but also begins to shake and quiver, usually accompanied by light anomalies and pervasive feelings of something else being in the room with me. It can even get downright animalistic. I have candle wax on my wall and part of my bed sheet torn due to a few of them getting out of hand haha!

As of late, the chill hasn’t been a constant thing. I feel as if I have gotten over the original fearful aspect of doing this stuff from months and months back so I am a lot more relaxed yet still get these chills. I also don’t get these chills when I am normally scared or fearful so I know they are unique to this. They come more, how do I say it? I experience them more in the sense that I am a lot more certain of exactly what they are signifying and they don’t distract me nearly as much. I rather quite enjoy them. I see them as myself not only getting into a more powerful state and taking on different energies, but as a sign that what I am doing is having an effect and that I am going down the right bath with my ritual.

Hope this helps.

I get chills from time to time. At work, too. I work in a hospital. I have had some smell experiences. Mostly it’s the tingly feeling when I’m not cold. I’m not sure why I’m on this site. I had something bad happen to a loved one. I feel like the person that did this has a very negative presence. I felt it when they touched me years ago. I don’t want them to be able to hurt anyone else. Is there anything I can do?

Please ask this question in the “New Magician Help” section, but yes there are plenty of people here with more experience than I who will be able to offer some insight.

Also, make sure to post a small introduction about yourself in the “New Magician Help” section as well. There is a thread dedictaed to introducing yourself at the top of the board in red when you click on the section.

The chill: maybe your off your Meds (just kidding). Maybe you hit a whole new spiritual level of Ascescion? I noticed bad things can happen around people who vibrate a higher energy, because lower level spirits dont like it or are jealous.

“The chill” may be many things. Examination of what’s going on around you at the time, awareness, is crucial. Sometimes it’s the Kundalini energy working it’s way through your chakras, where some are outside of your physical body that form that general aura that people see/feel.

The chill I know of is more of an intense tremor, where I shake violently and quickly from side to side but it’s only between my shoulders. Often however, that’s from a form of possession/obsession during a time of intense magical currents and while I was particularly untrained in certain areas. It got kind of nasty.

[quote=“Kenneth, post:9, topic:7492”]“The chill” may be many things. Examination of what’s going on around you at the time, awareness, is crucial. Sometimes it’s the Kundalini energy working it’s way through your chakras, where some are outside of your physical body that form that general aura that people see/feel.

The chill I know of is more of an intense tremor, where I shake violently and quickly from side to side but it’s only between my shoulders. Often however, that’s from a form of possession/obsession during a time of intense magical currents and while I was particularly untrained in certain areas. It got kind of nasty.[/quote]

In 2013 when I believe I shared a spirit presence in my body I would often times notice this chill in my hands, and my hands would actually turn pretty cold. This occurred most often when I would go to church and sometimes I was concerned about shaking people’s hands because I didn’t want them to perceive that I had a spirit attachment.

i like this thread.

this is something i too experience from time to time. in my opinion its the physical manifestation of a sort of “astral sense” you realize that there is power around you and your body reacts to it. its natural in the truest sense of the word.

furthermore it is the reaction of someone either inexperienced in spiritual dealings(talking about non-magical persons) or new magicians taking their first steps into the darkness.

don’t ignore it, but do not fear it. it is just you awakening to your own godlike potential. and if you should feel it deeper than usual then you may be in the presence of something SUPER-malevolent and you should take more precautions than usual.

(for the record… that first paragraph is all me… the rest is… i think i just got taken over by something…)

I wouldn’t say it’s exactly a chill, maybe just the electricity of said entity making its presence know. That’s how I interpurt this feeling almost like a chill surge of electricity of power

I think asmoday is correct, it does feel like an electrical shock at times. I touched an electric fence once when I went to this petting zoo when I was 8 or 9 for a school field trip, it was pretty scary at the time and it did give me a shock but that chill certainly wasn’t on the same level.

It’s a lot like a serotonin withdraw, actually, if anyone here has suddenly quit taking medications. It’s like a shiver and a shock at the same time, since your brain doesn’t have the same influx of chemicals as it use too. That and your neurological system passes that information throughout your body so you feel it in other areas, particularly the neck where the shoulders connect to the spine.

The only chakra in that area worth mentioning is the throat chakra, vishuddha I think in Eastern, and Da’ath in Western. Which, by that measure, is probably Choronzon running around until it has form- hence WiseManEcho’s statement about malevolence. Right?

I know this thread is super old but i came to look for this cause lately I get like very intense chills on specific parts of my body like , the left arm , then it passes to the right arm , and then maybe the thigh . It’s just wierd cause it’s not like normal quick shiver down the spine .
I thought maybe it could be the temperature cause i live in the desert and i usually pass the day mostly naked inside the house hiding from the sun , but it’s def not chills from cold or from ac mostly cause i don’t have one lol .
So reading this was interesting :slight_smile: