The Changeling Rite [closed]

@Khayon @Eia

Ready to go in 5 minutes. All set up. Just a heads up. And will update again after completing.

3 Likes

I love watching your updates.

3 Likes

The ritual is complete, and I have grounded back to reality.

The ritual itself went off splendidly and the power behind it was some of my best work yet, if I do say so myself.

@Eia : Yours went very smoothly. Your spirit seems very closely aligned with the energy of the Unseelie. Almost like an affinity for it.

@Khayon : Yours went well, but I noticed in your spirit there was alot ofā€¦itā€™s hard to explainā€¦like static. It wasnā€™t resistant to the infusion of energies, but it was very slippery. It took some extra oomph from my Goblin familiar to properly complete it, but in the end it took hold and went well.

I hope both of you use this and learn. The Good Folk are wise and powerful as any demon. And they are also fickle. You went into this knowing the risk and the reward, and I hope it serves you well.

5 Likes

Thank you again for the opportunity to take part, Iā€™m looking forward to learning a bit more about the unseelie, especially after hearing that it gives me even more of a reason to look into working with them, or at least seeing if thereā€™s some possible connections. Iā€™ll do my best to keep you updated on anything noteworthy that I come across.

2 Likes

I always appreciate updates on how it has worked for you, and if you have any questions I am always happy to answer as best I can.

Thank you so much for this, Iā€™m always looking for new currents/methods and really felt drawn to this opportunity, Iā€™m looking forward to working with the Fae. Iā€™ll definitely keep you updated with how things go, I really appreciate your help in getting me started on this path.

1 Like

Damnā€¦ missed my opertunity.

I may open up again for a couple slots in another week or two, so keep an eye out. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™m not on here much, but dm me if you want the next time a slot opens up.

You are going to have to keep an eye out if you want a slot, Iā€™m afraid. Itā€™s first come first serve because if I let people reserve spots I would be drowning in requests. Even then I can only spend so much time in the Fairylands without it becoming increasingly dangerous for my own well being.

4 Likes

I have yet to leave my experience since having the rite performed for me so letā€™s jump into that.
I was doing a bunch of new things at once and it all worked out in a culmination of this experience.

So I started out in my astral temple which is a beach for me.

Im standing in the white sands watching the tide roll in and cover up the markings im drawing in the sands. At this point im not doing anything important but just enjoying the sun and the breeze im feeling. In the back of my head an idea pops up. I basically just remind myself of the goblin key and that now would make a great time to make use of it.

I turn from the shore and walk into the tree line thatā€™s about 100 feet from the shore. The fauna is really thick and its a struggle to really see whats in front of me. I start to feel rain fall coming from the tree canopy above me. I continue to push deeper into the fauna as it gets thicker. I look up and see clouds forming under the canopy of tree branches and leaves. Rain gets heavier.

I come across a cave with a tree growing out of the top of the cave entrance. The roots of the tree cover the cave ceiling and the trunk grows out of the cave mouth then up into the air.

I walk back into the cave, the entrance was just a long tunnel thats maybe 50 feet. The root system doesnā€™t extend back this far into the cave.

Im now in a small circular room at the end of the cave tunnel. It doesnā€™t look man made. The only signs of people is the burnpit in the center. I think again of the goblin key and this time I see it hovering in front of me. It then inserts itself into a crack in the back of the cave. The only part of the key that is exposed from the wall is the extended diamond shapped end
20210824_094959
This part went into the crack while this next part stay out
20210824_094933

The exposed diamond part started to turn like a key in a lock.

When it did I heard a slight pop sound and the stone around the key started to crumble and fall away. The rocks didnā€™t stay on the ground either. They fell through the solid floor into oblivion. The key also disappeared.

What was left was a new tunnel deeper into this cave. I entered the new tunnel that was just as long as the first. About 20-50 feet.

I emerged in a dining hall of sorts. It was not empty. Not a single chair was empty. All at once everyone turns and looks at me with a displeased look on their face.

This is roughly how everyone looked.

When everyone stopped to look at me I got an instant feeling of not welcome or bad timing.

I immediately turned around and went back through my dark tunnel. I came back out inside of the new cave with a new door way to the fae.

I will be going back soon I am just going to see if I canā€™t reach that red cap before I go back.

@UnseelieDiabolus sorry for the long delay on this update lol.

5 Likes

No need to apologize, this is amazing. The way the key fit in is exactly how I see it as well, like an actual key. And we all seem to end up in the dining hall the first time, which I find absolutely fascinating.

The feeling of being unwelcome is particularly interesting though. Itā€™s starting the go with my theory that the key works best when the magician has formed a bond of some kind with one of the hidden folk to act as a guide. Though I am very curious as to what you might have interrupted lol

If you are having trouble reaching that particular redcap, Bartholomew (Sigil in my Unseelie Path thread) might be able to help you find him. Redcaps are usually solitary fairies, but I feel like if anyone can find a redcap, itā€™s another redcap.

3 Likes

Dude this is my half orc barbarian D&D character name. I will definitly try and give him a call in the cave before entering next time. Maybe get a working relationship before going back.

Yeah I feel it was just bad timing.

Yeah it was like what I would have expected to see in a medieval castle. That big hall that is used for ever event.

I just walked in on something I shouldnā€™t have or on someone I shouldnā€™t have lol.

1 Like

I canā€™t wait to hear about your next experiences then! The Bartholomew thing is awesome lol, and quite the synchronicity. He should be able to help you for sure providing he gets his payment of some kind lol.

1 Like

@UnseelieDiabolus, I know this thread is closed but maybe you can help me out anyway. Iā€™ve been seeing a LOT of red caps recently and Iā€™ve no idea why. Everyone that Iā€™ve seen have black eyes and sharp teeth. When they come I know they want to be seen so I will look at them and thank them for coming but its so weird. Thanks in advance!

Duchess

2 Likes

No worries! Redcaps have been making quite the resurgence along with the rest of the Good Folk who arenā€™t the typical variety that most people think of as Fae, and want their own talents to be admired and overall recognition. At least thatā€™s what the Redcap Bartholomew has told me when working with him.

4 Likes

Thanks @UnseelieDiabolus! One of them asked to become a familiar but I politely declined since I donā€™t like being dead. Told we can revisit this issue when I can better communicate with him. Then I started seeing them multiply. Gotta admit its was definitely an ā€œoh shit!ā€ moment. Thanks so much!

Dark Blessings,
Duchess

3 Likes

You are quite welcome. And if it helps any, there is precedent in the old fairy lore for Redcaps being familiars to witches and magicians.

3 Likes

Oh wow. That is definitely helpful since I have a kelpie as a familiar. They are also know for this too. Thanks a bunch! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Duchess

1 Like

Bookmarked, am currently trying to meet an ally/guide.