The Black book of Azathoth

Hi, Having just read this book which is an amazing insight to say the very least, I do have a serious question with regard to the chapter on consecrating the tools . In the book we are told to consecreate each of the three tools on waxing moon of three consecutive months. But If one were in a hurry to get things up and moving, why couldnt one consecrate all three items on a single waxing moon? It’s not like the Moon has “limited” power has it ?. Also the directions talk about seeing the sky clearly, and the terrain ought to be desert like. Well here in UK sky is rarely clear and there is no desert here at all, So how does this affect our rituals, and what can be done to create as near as possible to the required criteria ? Many thanks for reading, I look forward to all your thoughts and comments .
Clawhammer

I can understand wanting to consecrate things on an accelerated schedule… Yet I would ask yourself why the hurry? Perhpas there is inherant benefit it letting the energies have time to “marinade” over time. Perhaps the given timeframe will allow insights to develop, as opposed to the level of insight that may come if it was all done at once. Being Black Magicians, we each do our own things that work for us and often toss out rules entirely. It depends on what you want out of a system or working, and understanding the benefits and drawbacks of doing it either way.
As for the sky and desert conditions, perhaps its the ambience of the system from which it grew, the context. Also, look at the deeper meanings of each, layers of meaning… Desert is a place where things are stripped away. Water is scarce, and when found, treasured, much like knowledge. A clear sky could indicate clarity of mind and spirit…approaching the work with an openness to receive whatever comes through. Sometimes however, doing things as written is a way to test one’s resolve, to see what you are willing to do or create conditions to satisfy the requirement given… A spiritual exercise if you will.

Though this system is a framework, I think each must follow their own Voice of Magick… Connect with the Old Ones as you will, and see how they have you manifest these things…

Hi Darsinda,

Thank you for your input, comes from a good perspectivem thank you, Have you read the book? The hurry is due to tempus fugid, and encroaching attack from very powerful enemy, who also uses the dark magic as has done for centuries, So I wonder if the Old ones are a defferent league than the Saturnarian death Cult demons. Thanks Clawhammer

First and foremost, I agree with Darsinda but here’s another perspective that’s worth looking into…

I personally don’t believe you have to be in a desert or have a clear starry sky to cultivate and work with this system. S.Ben Qayin lives in the desert…So, it would make sense that he would talk about the environment he does his magick in.

This doesn’t mean you can’t do this magick in the middle of a wooded area on a foggy night far away from civilization… You’ve got to get creative. Imo, successful magick starts with making it your own.

Anyways, Darsinda is correct on you needing to pace yourself and give the energies some time to “marinade”. Hurrying these things along doesn’t give you the necessary time to align your vibrations with the current you’re working with.

You’ve got to look at it like a relationship…It’s all about timing if you want things to last…Rushing things might lead to a one night stand but is that what you really want here?

Yes Clawhammer I have the book and mat… Really love them :slight_smile: I also agree with cj lee, in that one works within the environment they have available… Or perhaps also the environment that has ties to system in some way. I think personally that if you have a need, wait for nothing…do what you need to do, regardless of timeframes. We create our own timeframes. If you declare it is a desert space, or midnight at noon, any vibration you wish to use, regardless of circumstance, it shall be so on some level in accordance to your will. I personally think the literal desert, sky, time etc is less important than understanding the energies you are working with. Aligning it to locations, times, ambience etc can have benefit and add to rituals, but ultimately it is about what you want and need. These relationships must be forged individually. S Ben Qayin’s way works for him, and he brilliantly channelled and carved his own, as a template that works. Others will discover other ways of doing things…

In any case, definitely do whatever you need if you must accelerate the process in a sense… As long as you are clear in intent and Will, it should work.

Hello to you Both, Darsinda, and CJ Lee, many thanks again for both your views, I heartly except them, and do agree with you in principle, and the adage comes to mind , “walk before you run” :slight_smile: I will let you know how things progress.
Warmest regards
Clawhammer

[quote=“Darsinda, post:5, topic:8431”]Yes Clawhammer I have the book and mat… Really love them :slight_smile: I also agree with cj lee, in that one works within the environment they have available… Or perhaps also the environment that has ties to system in some way. I think personally that if you have a need, wait for nothing…do what you need to do, regardless of timeframes. We create our own timeframes. If you declare it is a desert space, or midnight at noon, any vibration you wish to use, regardless of circumstance, it shall be so on some level in accordance to your will. I personally think the literal desert, sky, time etc is less important than understanding the energies you are working with. Aligning it to locations, times, ambience etc can have benefit and add to rituals, but ultimately it is about what you want and need. These relationships must be forged individually. S Ben Qayin’s way works for him, and he brilliantly channelled and carved his own, as a template that works. Others will discover other ways of doing things…

In any case, definitely do whatever you need if you must accelerate the process in a sense… As long as you are clear in intent and Will, it should work.[/quote]

I totally agree that we create our own timeframes here. Honestly, I can only speak for myself and what works for me. So, if anyone feels like they can accomplish things in a shorter timeframe then by all means go for it!