The Big Chillout Thread

Presenting your Balg approved place to chill.

We’ve been bouncing around the idea in the lounge, that it would be fun to have a thread where we can post all sorts of comfy images, relaxing music, short descriptions of tips for relaxing and basically more mundane ways and things to do while we are stressed or when we just need to chill for a bit because we feel like it.

Sometimes one of the best ways to get out of your headspace and stop stressing over whatever the fck is driving you nuts, is to find a topic and spend hours browsing. Please try to share the image and a link to where you found it so that we can give proper credit to the right people.

So please come and relax with us!

I’ll go first, dream catchers keep coming up in the lounge, I’ve had one most of my life, but don’t currently and with everything going on, I don’t have any interest in making one, despite always being crafty and trying to make things myself. I want to purchase one for both my kids and myself, when we move into the bigger apartment next door.

I’ve always been told your dream catcher won’t work unless it’s gifted to you, so while I consider that myth, it gave me an opportunity to think about how I could combine my magical skills with one that was purchased and about how I could also support the small business owner or hobbyist.

I like this one, because it’s large, it could be put in the family/living room and cover the entire family but it’s too pricey :see_no_evil:

This one is probably my favorite but also out of my budget till after Christmas, but long term I am totally going to order one if the shop owner has it available in January.

I like the symbolism behind using the moon instead of a circle, though it’s not very traditional as far as I am aware, but the colors are too plain. I tend to like neutral colors only for decorating but, my dream catcher needs some spice. :hot_pepper: :hot_pepper: :hot_pepper:

Ah here is the one I will order now before Christmas. I am in love!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

The rest of these are just cool, but I don’t prefer them over the one I just chose above!

I really like this one, I may have to get one of these too and a few months.

20 Likes

This is what relaxes me the most lately:

A cup of coffee combined with this does the job to relax after work for me.

To relax my mind when I’m in trouble, I like to keep my hands busy and do some practical stuff like cleaning or gardening. Or repairing children’s toys. :rofl:

Also, when the world seems to much, or when I’m in bed and a stressful day awaits me, I always think “Now I’m allowed to simply sleep. Good night, world.” It helps me relax and fall asleep.

15 Likes

Really pretty Jewelry page I enjoy looking through. Very unique pieces as well <3
https://www.instagram.com/feel2live/

4 Likes

Something to relax

Something to browse

https://www.instagram.com/forest.realm/

5 Likes

feel-free-to-stop-here-and-rest-before-journeying-to-the-posts-below-Jweqc

12 Likes

I really like those…My things that I just can’t live without and will purchase as I can list, just grew.

2 Likes

I’m really very allergic to dogs, but I love them, and so looking at cute puppies of my fave breed really was fun. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

The first ones are pictures I took of puppies my dogs had/my past dogs:

20170824_220346710_iOS

alice

all three

and my daughters pug the day I brought her home:

Avery

Random puppies I found online:

This one looks almost just like Alice when she was puppy.

ram1

8 Likes

Honestly, my best advice to destress is to crack a joke, even if you are in a dire state and it is only to yourself. It does not have to necessary be the best of jokes, but you do have to allow yourself to laugh. I cannot fathom the number of times I was having a very bad day yet could crack myself up with a lame “dad joke”. Laughter is a natural destresser and something we should always allow ourselves to enjoy, with others or by ourselves.

11 Likes

Maybe next time ya stressed out you can drop us a few jokes :stuck_out_tongue:

I really think @Lady_Eva meant for this to be kinda like tmw threads, only more geared to chilling, though I could be wrong. :woman_shrugging:

So if you guys are out browsing and chilling, feel free to drop whatever it is making you smile or relax here

3 Likes

Oh, I will lol. Most of them revolving around the fact that even when everything is going to hell, I at least do not have to worry about ducking under things as often as others.

To help with the joke, I am 5 2 and will only get shorter as I age.

5 Likes

Are you really? I always imagined you were a tall fella, I’m 5’2.5! so there! hah! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

lol i really am. I’ve been mistaken for a child quite often, including on dates with my wife. It is not uncommon for older individuals to ask what grade I am in.

In more recent events, now that my goatee is covered more often than not, I’ve also been getting hit on by straight males due to the long hair mistakenly thinking I am female. Boy where those individuals surprised when I politely declined.

2 Likes

Until I had my daughter, even with long hair, I had people think I was a boy because of the lack of assets

Thank goodness the daughter (first baby) gave me hips!! and at least some curvage, cuz I was straight as a board before her!

2 Likes

I guess with all the extra layers I have to wear at work, I guess them assumed I was just petite apparently lol.

But such is life. Full of confusing, hard, and terrifying moments, but also a potential nugget of humor if you look for it. My jokes will likely be at my own expense but I will drop them here when I can.

2 Likes

I’m 5’2.4935 :joy:
bro fist

4 Likes

7 Likes

5’4! Glad I’m not alone.

2 Likes

Beautiful gown I hope to wear one day

6 Likes

6’2. Im a part of the duck your head crew.

4 Likes

For some reason parts of the nightmode Animal Crossing music had a very relaxing effect on me the other day (almost dropped my DS because of a sudden nap attack that had been triggered by the music) :see_no_evil: So I’ve sought out a whole playlist on YT and et voilá:

4 Likes