The Amazing Movies Thread

Cool stuff! Thanks for sharing! =)

‘Hellboy’ 7/10

‘Hellboy II: The Golden Army’ 9/10

As for the animated movies ‘Hellboy: Sword Of Storms’ (2006), and ‘Hellboy: Blood and Iron’ (2007) there okay. But nothing I would recommend.

If nobody hasn’t already go marathon
‘John Wick’ 10/10

‘John Wick: Chapter 2’ 9/10

Great movies. I haven’t seen chapter 3 though from my understanding I heard it was lacking.

‘Marked for Death’ 8/10
When I recommended ‘Tango and cash’ (1989) I forgot all about this movie. I own this one on VHS. Definitely worth checking out great action movie!

No but I will check it out. Thanks.

I watched it twice. Well done.

I agree.

Oh. I forgot about these movies! Definitely worth checking out!

‘ManHunt’ 9/10
If you just look up ManHunt other titles with the same name pops up. Never seen any of the other blood fist movies.

"Tequila sunrise’ 8/10
By the VHS tape cover looks like a action flick but really its more of a drama/thriller film.

‘Scott Pilgrim vs. the World’ 9/10
Another great film I highly recommend, The only problem with this is Scott is a asshole So I honestly kind of found it hard to like him, From my understanding this bombed at the box office because there were just lots of movies coming out at the time like I think Extendables, and The rest I forgot off the top of my head during that time.

‘Tucker and Dale vs Evil’ 10/10
I absolutely fucking LOVED this movie it’s a dark comedy.

‘Dream Demon’ 9/10
I discovered this one recently It reminds me of a nightmare on elm Street a little. Definitely worth checking out!

A nightmare on elm Street (Films 1, 3, 4, 5,6)

‘A nightmare on elm street’ 8/10
I think a lot of people know about this film. Definitely a classic I’ve seen the reboot I don’t recommend that vertion it’s just terrible It’s every jump scare every five seconds, and feels like Freddy is teleporting the teenagers to him and Nancy’s sucks compared to the original, also his makeup is terrible! The way angry Joe puts it it’s like splicer mixed with Avatar lol as for part 2 (1985) I thought it was"…Meh" to me it was a 5/10

‘A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors’ 9/10
This is where they get a little cheesy but honestly I still love it!

‘A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master’. 9/10
I think this one as the best soundtrack out of all of them …I mean come on who can forget classics like
‘Are You Ready For Freddy’ by Fatboys, ‘Back to the wall’ by Divinyls, ‘Anything, Anything’ by Dramarama, ‘Fatal Charm’ by Billy Idol, Oh and ‘I want your hands on me’ by Sinéad O’Connor and mc lyte. Sooo good! Lol

‘A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child’ 8/10
Now 5, 6 is were In my opinion they get REALLY cheesy but I still LOVE them!

‘Freddy’s Dead: The Final Nightmare’ (6th film out of the franchise… I’m pretty sure any horror/slasher film that says “FINAL” doesn’t really mean final…or they’ll just make a reboot or why not Just take it to space! Lol) 7/10 this one actually tries to explain how does Freddy do this but honestly I don’t think it really needs to be explained I did think it was cool how they showed his backstory though… Not going to lie though… I wouldn’t mind seeing a nightmare on elm Street in space :joy:. FUCK IT WHY NOT GO CRAZY WITH IT!

I also have seen ‘Freddy VS. Jason’ When they were fighting it was FUN! But the problem is there’s not much fights between them not only that but, I thought Freddy’s dream sequences weren’t good at all compared to the past films also I really hated the teens in that movie.

1 Like

Alice Sweet Alice’ (originally named Communion) 10/10
From my knowledge this is the MOST underrated slasher not many people know of…I would have recommended Jason since I mentioned Freddy vs. Jason But decided to do this one first since I don’t think this one gets touched upon a lot. Also It keeps you guessing you can’t really guess what’s going to happen ahead and it also has a plot twist at the end. Also Paula Sheppard is a EXCELLENT actress It’s sad she only played in this film and ‘Liquid Sky’ (1982)

A Friday the 13th 7, 8, 10 (When they got crazy. Really is what the franchise needed then just teens having too much sex then Jason comes and kills them)

‘Friday the 13th Part 7: The New Blood’ 7/10

‘Friday the 13th Part 8: Jason Takes Manhattan’ 8/10
I love this film more than 7 because this takes place on a boat and it has this claustrophobic feeling.

‘JASON 10’ 10/10
I love sci-fi so this is definitely my favorite out of the whole franchise! I mean come on Jason in space!!! Which I know sounds ridiculous but you just have to watch it it is amazing!

‘Event Horizon’ (a better version of hellraiser in space lol)
Another sci-fi horror. The only problem I have with this movie is I wish it was longer and had more hellraiser-ish moments.

1 Like

While I am sure everyone expects a horror movie suggestion from me, but I do recommend The Fountion. It takes an interesting view on not only dealing with death but our own mental prisons, as well as how to escape them.

2 Likes

Interesting. I never heard of it before. I’ll put it on my list👍!

1 Like

Rather surprised how no one mentioned Cloud Atlas

1 Like

Tom Hanks and Halle Berry is in this? I’ve never seen this movie before. The music sounds familiar for whatever reason.

1 Like

‘Child’s Play 2’ 10/10
Definitely the best out of the franchise!

I have seen the 1st film but I just thought it was boring I didn’t care for it a lot of people love the first movie but in my opinion the 2nd is the best, child’s play 3 (1991) That’s where they got really bad…Andy goes to military school because apparently He’s been bad or

something…I think it’s explained… But the reason is stupid and I forgot what happened to his mom I know she wasn’t in the 2nd film either. I think she was sent off to a mental hospital? I don’t know I forgot, And then they

made Bride of Chucky (1998), and Seed Of Chucky (2004)…THOSE are fucking WEIRD lol! I understand you have to do something different And not the same film over and over…In fact really they were fine at leaving it at 2. We didn’t need anymore, Bride of Chucky is a horror/romance, and Seed of Chucky is where they try to do horror and comedy Oh and in Seed of Chucky they mentioned the actress Tiffany playing in the movie Bound… like 2 times they were really trying to plug in that movie so I actually went and watched it and I have to say it was pretty good Definitely a 10/10 You should go watch if you never seen Bound

After Seed of Chucky they made Curse Of Chucky… Which surprisingly I thought it was good they try to go back to the roots of the first movie…But they did fucked it up at the end because Tiffany comes back Which makes it not serious again because the point of this movie was they were trying to make it creepy and serious but when you bring in Tiffany it just becomes a joke… So then that leaves a question is this a continuation of Seed of Chucky? But other than that small problem I do recommend everyone to check out Curse of Chucky OH! And the music is really good too! I watched all the commentaries to all of the movies and the guy who did the music for all the evil dead movies worked on the soundtrack for this movie, but yeah I thought that movie was a solid 7/10.

And then they made ‘Cult of Chucky’ Which I had a fun time with that one as well to me this is a 1 point higher than curse of Chucky, That was pretty funny too NOW one thing I don’t like about this one too is now Chucky apparently can put his soul in multiple dolls? I don’t know I just thought it was just not unique because now there’s multiple Chucky’s other than that still a fun film. So if you hadn’t already you guys should totally check this one out. 8/10

I would also like to mention they DID Make a a new child’s play…Which was a reboot That was called ‘Child’s Play’ (2019) yyeeaahh that’s a fucking 2/10 avoid that movie at all cost It is terrible… as soon as it starts they have a commercial of the good guy dolls… Oh sorry “BUDDI DOLL”
Like seriously what the fuck?? Why?? It’s really bad Honestly it just made me angry there was just no point in rebooting it…I mean for all I care they just could have made a Chucky goes to space In fact really I would rather watch Seed of Chucky and Bride of

Chucky those are better because at least you have the original Chucky doing his thing. Not only that but they redesigned Chucky there was NO POINT in doing that he looks like a middle-aged guy that’s named Frank he also has puffy eyes It just looksled weird It was bad it was really bad, he also has this ET finger glowy thing… The deaths are also stupid I mean just inch 2 inches and you’ll be fine like come on…All I have to say is I hope they’re done with Chucky It’s time to give it a rest man lol But I know they’re probably going to make another one yay can’t wait. Oh they did try to sequel this too by having glowing red eyes flickering at the end.

OH SIDE NOTE in the commentary I think it was Seed of Chucky they mentioned this movie called Ginger Snaps. And apparently a lot of people love the first and second one as I read the reviews on IMDb but I honestly did not care for it In the Part1 and 2 I honestly tapped out the 2nd film like 20 minutes 1st movie I watched didn’t like that 1 It reminded me of like those backyard movies rated B throw away popcorn flick movies But I honestly would recommend ‘The VelociPastor’ that movie is way better in my opinion go grab some friends and crack open some beers Just know obviously it’s one of those dumb B movies lol! You guys should definitely check it out though

… You know just a random thought lol But I really want to see a Chucky and jigsaw crossover I really think it’ll be hilarious…speaking of saw though I honestly don’t like those movies I know a lot of people definitely love the first film I mean really the first movie is the best out of the franchise and the last movie sucked BALLS I mean the characters in it were just the same cookie cutter characters you just didn’t care about. I did watched a review talking about it you guys should totally check it out It was hilarious they honestly threw some really great ideas around like ‘jigsaws new apprentice’ I think that would be a really fun movie to watch :joy: Just say warning though this video as spoilers.

OH I almost forgot to mention! When I recommend the 1st 2 Hellboy movies. DONT SEE THE REBOOT (2019) it fucking sucks…not ONLY Hellboy is always whining like a little bitch in that movie also when I think Hellboy Ron Perlman is my Hellboy just like from the 1st 2 movies. I mean David Harbour did a OKAY job at playing Hellboy but, I just did not see him as Hellboy like Ron…u just don’t understand why they couldn’t get the same guy.

But anyways another movie I forgot to mention is ‘The Bourne Identity’ its a 8/10 great movie.

Another great 1 is ‘Shutter Island’

OH! And ‘The Lighthouse’ DEFINITELY a 9/10

The Hunter is a highly underappreciated film based on a book about a mercenary who is employed by a biotech company to track down and capture the last remaining Tasmanian tiger. Along the way he encounters hostile forest workers and environmental activists who try to hinder his search.

The film does an excellent job of showing both sides of the deforestation and environmentalist argument, as well as the moral and ethical conflict which slowly arises within Martin David (Willem Dafoe) as the story unfolds.

Complete with astounding cinematography, great performances, poetic but grounded writing, and a haunting score, The Hunter is a film that should not be missed.

1 Like

‘Wishmaster’ 10/10
I actually was supposed to see this a while ago but forgot about it, and realized Tubi had this on the leaving soon category so I hurried and watched all of them.

‘Wishmaster 2: Evil Never Dies’ 9/10
Definitely the first two movies are the best.

They went on to make 4 in total…and WOW 3 and 4 are REALLY bad don’t waste your time. ‘Wishmaster 3: Beyond The Gates Of Hell’ (2001) is painfully boring nothing really happens I mean yeah there are deaths here and there but nothing much really happens and

there less crazy like the first 2 films, they don’t really show the “The Djinn” that much either. Yeah he’ll pop in time to time but when he does all he says is “Where’s Diana!” Or there are scenes when he’s just looking for Diana, Oh yeah! and why the fuck isn’t he making people wish??? I mean that’s he’s thing, like come on did they forget this is Wishmaster?

‘Wishmaster 4: The Prophecy Fulfilled’ (2002) OKAY this is when shit gets weird now it’s a horror romance movie?.. Apparently now Djinn wants to get married??? What?! I mean isn’t he a crazy genie that fucks up people’s wishes on purpose and enjoys there pain and suffering?! Definitely when I hit the 4th film I was like “Nope. I’m done.” I’ll five the 4th film this though the deaths were pretty brutal and a step up from the 3rd film but still though…nothing like the first 2 movies. I HOPE they do not reboot this

please… leave this franchise alone…I already heard there doing ANOTHER reboot of nightmare on elm street, the OTHER reboot of nightmare on elm Street SUCKED…BAD…great can’t wait for a sequel to child’s play 2 reboot… yay. Seriously though what’s up with all these reboots and remakes? Why can’t Hollywood leave our classics alone.

‘Dennis The Menace’ 9/10
I actually just saw this movie today a and I have to say I LOVED it. I felt the slapstick was done very well also the casting is done great too I HATE kid actors but everyone here was so great…and apparently there’s a sequel to this movie? I’m not sure how it is I heard it’s just “Fine.” But that’s pretty much it as for the cartoon show never seen it unfortunately, and the black and white show That aired on Nickelodeon I also haven’t seen, Tubi TV as it so I might check it out when I have time. I definitely 93 version I recommend if anyone hasn’t seen it yet.

‘Alien’ 10/10

What can I say This one is definitely a classic! One of my favorite horror movies of all time I like the director’s cut also they added a few things in that vertion that I thought was cool, So if you can definitely get directors cut.

‘Aliens’ 10/10 (If you can get Directors Cut they actually wanted you to view the movie this way.)

James Cameron did an amazing job with this film. Definitely another one of my favorite filmes, The first movie was a sci-fi/horror while this film leans more on sci-fi/action I love all the colonial Marines I thought they were all well casted My favorite is the badass herself Pvt. Vasquez.

‘Alien 3’ 8/10

In the commentary they explained that the fans was expecting Alien 3 to be more Alien 2 That’s why a lot of people didn’t like it. But they also explains that years later people came back to it and they thought it was a pretty good movie which yeah I agree it is a great movie but the end mm… I thought it could be done a tad bit

better not only that But in the commentary the creators claimed that the Xenomorph isn’t CGI But most of the times it looks fake I think only 2 shots is when it looked good, I also prefer the Theatrical Version not the special edition…to me the Special Edition was just a mixed bag, some things I liked added in some things I just didn’t. like the garlic scene that was a really good one when they’re at the cafeteria And they explain how garlic just smells awful I wish that part was in the original version and there’s some shots I also like that I wish it was in the original too But overall it’s still a pretty great movie.

‘Alien Resurrection’ 8/10 (Which is a stupid name by the way lol there’s so many movies that are named “Resurrection”)

NOW I ACTUALLY LIKE THIS MOVIE lol from my understanding this 1 people thought it was bad…but I don’t see why I thought it was legitimately a good movie now I’m not sure what the movie is though…I think it’s a sci-fi action but also dark comedy? I don’t care for the special edition the intro I thought was unnecessary what’s the guy like mushing the bug and flicking it on the screen. But I well say this is the BEST I think the Xenomorph’s look…oh and 1 disgusting fact I found out about this movie is that if you watch the commentary they were thinking about adding saggy ball sacks to the New born…yeah let that burn in your brain lol but THANKFULLY the director just decided to tell them to take out the movie.

there was also a spin off movie that was based on the Xenomorph’s called ‘Prometheus’ (2012) but I just didn’t care for it, and the most recent movie 'Alien Covenant '(2017) I have not seen but from hardcore fans I’m hearing really bad things and if there true…than oh man Ridley…what have you done…lol😂

NOW I have seen all the AVP (Aliens Vs. Predator) movies mm…I didn’t like them honestly…the 1st film I thought was a 5/10 (average) I wish it was more predators Aliens In fact just why not make them fight on their home planet That would be a BETTER movie and ‘Aliens Vs. Predator : Requiem’ (2007) I thought it was just bad. Even WORSE than the 1st AVP.

…WHY CANT WE HAVE A GOOD AVP MOVIE!!! (sigh😓)