The Amazing Movies Thread

OH I forgot to mention! I do NOT recommend anybody to buy the ‘Alien Anthology’ collection set on Blu-ray. Sure it looks pretty but… Just the way the discs are inserted it is awkward to take out seriously Who thought about this? Not only that but now it’s even more easy to scratch the damn thing! It was a terrible design decision. It sucks BALLS! It’s sad because it’s packed with content it comes with all the additions plus extras But I just can’t recommend it.

P.S. Another thing I forgot to mention about the 1st Alien movie is that the characters in it are believable You really felt like they were 9 to 5 people just working, for money Just everything about that movie is so good the casting the atmosphere feels claustrophobic.

I forgot to mention! (I forget a lot) the 1st Alien movie nothing happens for a VERY long time Like close to an hour when the film is almost done is when stuff happens the most But somehow it manages not to be boring, Definitely achievement in my book. I think what holds it up most is just the atmosphere and the casting just everything by that movie so we’ll handled.

‘The Warrior and the Sorceress’ 8/10

I discovered this one when I was trying look up the director Akira Kurosawa movies Which it claims on his background of filmmaking he directed this one but when you click on this film it pops up some other director. But anyways great movie check it out. :+1:

P.S. I swear some of the music at times in this movie is literally copied and pasted from Deathstalker It’s so weird…

Squad goals:

Best Stephen King movies I’ve seen:

‘The Shining’ 9/10

‘Pet Sematary’ 7/10

I think this has got to be one of the best Stephen King movies next to The shining which is my number one favorite and I think the running Man is a Stephen King novel…Soo… I’m not sure if the movie with Arnold that’s called ‘The running Man’ (1987) is actually based on the novel I don’t know but if that’s the case then that would

be my number one favorite because I love the running Man and I love Arnold. Which I have recommended that movie on here a while back So see if you have it! But yeah anyways pet cemetery 89 I prefer over the reboot which some people actually like the reboot Honestly to

me the reboot is a 5/10 (average) I just didn’t care for it the blood and it’s really cool The atmosphere is done amazing Zelda is also done great But the problem is they keep showing Zelda and that was like if the focus all the time The ending I also didn’t care for because they kind of hinted like “oh we’re gonna make Pet Sematary 2!” When really they shouldn’t have done that

at all which I wouldn’t want that lol which speaking about pet Sematary 2 they also made another film that came out in 92 I heard that was garbage lol thankfully I haven’t seen it but apparently werewolves are in it? But I will say this about the reboot though they did explain some things better compared to the original because the dad was really stupid And I found myself asking why are you doing this You already know the outcome But here it’s handled good and it explained well.

As for any others That are pretty good I’m not sure I only seen those two Stephen King movies Well…“Good” Stephen King movies I think dreamcatcher was another Stephen King movie which was just fucking weird, from what I remember Morgan Freeman was in it that’s a plus if Morgan Freeman is in it I love that guy but fortunately not even Morgan Freeman saves the movie lol

‘Pumpkinhead’ 8/10

one of the most interesting things about this movie is when I was watching the commentary one of the creators said “it kinda as a Stephen king feel to it.” which now I think about it it kind of does But I really love pumpkin head the lighting is excellent and also I really love the old witch house but the atmosphere is

also just amazing It’s just this desolate area what’s there’s so many fun facts about the movie like the cabin that they stay in is actually the same cabin from Friday the 13th 4?? I think I can’t remember and Ed’s Dog It’s the same dog from GremlinsWhich I thought was pretty interesting. The other two pumpkinhead movies I’m not sure if they’re good or not I heard the 2nd is okay and the 3rd is just bad.

‘Leviathan’ 10/10

This is one of my new most watch horror movies of all time now I really do love underwater horror movies but shockingly not much of them even exist there’s ‘Sphere’ that came out in 98, and ‘Deep Star Six’ (1989) that 1 I

heard was pretty good actually. There was also another underwater movie that came out in 2020 called…well ‘Underwater’ yeah…I heard it was garbage sadly though I had high hopes for that movie But there’s a few underwater movies if I’m not mistaken.

‘The Princess Bride’ 9/10

Oh I forgot about this movie! Yeah this is another great one.

Suspiria…My Fave! Both the original and the remake.

1 Like

OH YESS! The 77 version is Definitely a classic It’s on my list of favorite horror movies of all time.

1 Like

‘Killer Klowns From Outer Space’ 10/10

I meant to mention this movie earlier Definitely another one of my favorite '80s horror movies.

1 Like

Helena Markos is one of my favourite movie witches

1 Like

One of my favorite movies. I highly suggest making it double feature with any of these…

Those are some of my go to “movie and chill” movies.

1 Like

Looks cool I’ll put them on my list! :+1:

1 Like

‘Ever After’ 8/10

I was fumbling through my VHS collection of tapes I have yet to watch and I just happened to find this… usually I don’t like these kind of romance/drama stuff but this is a pretty great watch, I also thought Anjelica Huston did a great job playing the villain character she was a bad bitch lol I also really loved her in Addams family.

Which speaking of Addams family I’ll drop that here too I love that movie.

‘The Addams Family’ 10/10

I have seen the other 2 movies I can’t barely remember if they were good or not I think family Values 93 is when their uncle’s trying to find a wife or something I dunno…and the 3rd film family reunion 98 I can’t remember at all . Now I have seen the 2019

movie/cartoon…and I fucking HATED IT TO BE HONEST lol I mean they have Wednesday dancing around doing cringey non-goth stuff…and If you mess with Wednesday I’m going to deduct some points because WEDNESDAY is my favorite character and they took the coolness out of her :sweat: That whole movie in my opinion was just a cringe to watch.

Come And See

2 Likes

Oh yeah this movie. I 1st heard about it from professor jelkington I recommend everyone to watch it. Its pretty graphic so Just keep that in mind, I thought it was a pretty interesting video.
I normally don’t like these kinds of movies but I want to check this one out I also saw the video about the director of this film NOT movie for everybody.

2 Likes

@Excalibur I seen it enough times in the last month that I think I might be some kind of masochist or trauma junkie.

The actor who plays the main character is amazing. The screenplay was actually written by a person who lived through that story.

2 Likes

I watched this on Netflix and fell in love with it instantly. It’s a love letter to rural metal heads in the midst of the Satanic Panic, circa 1988; but it subverts all the gripes and is just a hell of a lot of fun.

AKA The story of my life.

Look for the greatest unexpected Belinda Carlisle drop in movie history.

1 Like

@Eddie_Romanov Have you ever seen Malmhaus (Metalhead)? I think you could dig that too.

2 Likes

No but it’s going to go on my list.

2 Likes