The ability to see the future

Technically speaking, if I subscribe to this reality:

Are you not both absolutely correct and utterly wrong at the same time?

Or some silly sounding stuff, what I mean is I don’t necessarily believe that I have to have experience of a reality for it to be a reality.

Just because I’ve never been pricked by a rose thorn, doesn’t mean I should assume that all roses have no thorns, kinda thing.

If I subscribe to the view that this is one of many multiverses or that each movement is entangled with everything else, I can imagine realities where the rules are different. (Even on the same plane… but that’s pretty out of the box.)

In fact, if I believe that everything is in flux and changeable and there might be many of me at the same time, how can I know that someone is not still experiencing the reality of only one world or that their rules might not be different simply because they subscribe to them or any of it really.

Every time I consider the possibility of infinite realities I go well, yeah but that means all the shit I think isn’t valid, is valid- it’s just not valid here! :rofl:

But it must be somewhere if I believe in the multiverse and infinite possibilities scenario, simply because to think it, would mean it has to exist somewhere else…

And like you can do stuff in the astral you can’t hear, so one has to assume something along that lines too, wouldn’t many of the universes have different manners of operation?

I’m just speaking theoretically, not leaning towards either theory. It’s just the pondering of my mind as I consider them and I don’t see that they are necessarily contradictory to each other, except for in the reality where one person may believe everything is prefixed and you cannot do anything about it at all.

But that’s really not either of your positions, as I do see that even in that fixed reality or predetermined reality, it may be possible to transcend that and affect the reality, though few accomplish it.

So it’s still not fixed or immovable, just because few do it, it would only be fixed or immovable fin I one ever could influence it, over come it or manipulate it- so… I go well. I’m still in a circle where these two options don’t really invalidate each other in theory alone.

1 Like

On multiple universes intermingling with this one: Firstly, I have done divination for many people who also thought along the lines of absolute free will, and they were shocked at the accuracy of divination. In fact, I’ve done divination for magicians with absolute faith in their workings and they were not able to change the outcomes I predicted.

Now, we might think that there are infinite universes, but there is no way to prove this. If you could shift between them and everything is impossible and all is in the mind, well, you should be able to do some fantastical things, but we do not see it. I saw someone on a subreddit talk about how they were trying to use the Law of Assumption to learn German, without actually learning German, just expecting the knowledge to appear out of the blue. Well, it didn’t work!

For anyone who thinks the mind has abosolute power over reality: Try to make a planet go backwards, and make it appear on the news. Try to fly. Try to cause some sort of fantastical world event.

Now, there is some subjectivity to reality. But reality is clearly not entirely subjective.

As for divination and fate: As I said, the experience I expressed in my previous post has been the view of experienced diviners of all ages. These are diviners who did thousands of readings. Some who even became more famous than their King!

If you can do more than 1000 readings and have above 90% accuracy, let’s be honest, if someone struggles to predict the future, they are lacking in skill and knowledge.

I didn’t have much success with the Tarot until I switched over the Thoth system, since it’s more serious about predicting future events while the Tarot systems you see in the modern new age setting are psychological and generally only positive. Of course it’s not going to be good at prediction.

No offense at all taken, because, modern astrology absolutely sucks at prediction. That we can agree on! Modern astrology tends to be a mix of all sorts of traditions and takes a psychological view, and is seen through the lens of a materialist view.

2 Likes

Actually I was assuming different reality’s would have different laws, similar to the way the planes do.

I can’t summon lighting out of my hand in this plane, but there are places I can go that are not in my dreamscape that I can.

So my assumption is just because we obey the laws of gravity in this universe doesn’t mean there wouldn’t be versions of this universe that don’t.

Even within our universe and planet we see the laws of gravity are not equally applied, there are things/factors that influence them.

So idk. Just because someone hasn’t made dirty gym sock flavored ice cream, doesn’t mean it can’t be done. It means it hasn’t been done.

Or that it hasn’t been done and recorded, or it hasn’t been done and recorded honestly or any number of things, the only thing we can determine is that we can’t determine it.

Since we don’t believe people who say they have been to other places or dismiss them, call them crazy etc or their experiences as not being a part of our reality- they must be the dreamscape, or another dimension or another plane…well we dismiss any proof there might be as subjective because we aren’t personally skilled enough or inclined enough, or well off enough to go verify it for ourselves.

Supposedly there’s footprints on the moon from when people went there on the purpose.

I wasn’t there. I wasn’t alive. I haven’t seen these things, I have no way to get there, so how do I know any of our data, pictures or any of that exist?

We all know by now how to make spoofs so… :woman_shrugging:

Idk I’m just saying the same thing I did before. Neither of the arguments presented sway me personally in those directions or feel like the end all and be all.

I highly suspect as suggested it’s a mixture of two if not more than the two plus other ideas and that perception and its limitations as well as the fact energy attracts scenarios that fit when we want to confirm or deny something… so currently to my knowledge in all of these cases there is no more literal proof to support one argument over the other, therefore I cannot personally subscribe to either one, or any of the other presented theories I’ve heard.

:woman_shrugging::blush:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: don’t worry I’m sure to jump up and down screaming ding ding ding :bellhop_bell: when the one that feels right in entirety comes along! :rofl:

Until then, I just don’t know, but interesting discussion for sure!

2 Likes

Who are you talking about? It’s best not assume you can speak for others here, speaking as a diviner myself who is also an energy worker able to feel the energy flows, I rather agree with DarkestKnight.
I mean, what tarot deck doesn’t have the caveat “as long as circumstances continue”? I have a few and they all have it, as it’s a well accepted truth among tarot readers that the future is highly mutable. That’s not an excuse for a method that doesn’t work, tarot has stood the test of time, it’s how the universe works.

Astrology plays a part in this: the energy flows come from many sources and interact in complex ways. It’s not just astrology vs tarot is also geomancy, ancestry, the human collective, and entity influence. So as well as interpretation and changes in decision making, there is a third issue with divination: it tends to focus on just one type of energy, and is incomplete without the others. It still works well enough, if your question is short term then astrology isn’t build for that, if it’s about overall ambience of your life tarot isn’t built for that. You get into “the leg of the elephant tells me an elephant is like a tree” territory and sometimes those other aspects really matter. It depends on the nature of the reading.

The future is a probability, regardless of the mechanism, and this is why I absolutely reject the idea of a fixed fate or destiny, and support free will. I have talked about this on here before so I won’t repeat it.

That doesn’t mean it will change, or that a reading can’t be fully accurate, if the person continues on the path they’re on and the energy flows remain in place, then it can be like a river that keeps it’s course for hundreds of years. Or not, it could be a tenuous situation with many unstable factors that make the divination one of many equally likely options. In this case we set assumptions into the reading, maybe read multiple times “if I do this then x, if I do that then y”. Interpretation issues aside, and if the assumptions are met, then of course it can keep on flowing as expected.

So, it can sometimes take a lot to change the energy, and sometimes just a small nudge. This is what magick is about, imo, consciously choosing to make those changes to change the flows of probability.
It’s part of how I know whether a working has been effective: I can feel whether the flows changed, and if they didn’t then I know I didn’t succeed and I have to think of another way.

This is why I suggested RV so you can learn to bilocate. You will still see the version of events you have intended to. Kind of like a copy in the astral that you can visit.

What Tarot will do is give you a bunch of symbolism for you to interpret. “Oh, the Queen of Pentacles is representing that woman I know there, and the Page of Wands is this aspect of her attitudes”, or vice versa. You will not get a picture of a scene.

There’s a last issue here understood well by RVers worth mentioning: when you remote view a thing, or read it through a divination technique, everything about it needs to be in your personal experience for you to be able to read it accurately, even with bilocation. If it’s not, you simply won’t see it: it will be invisible to you or garbled. Your will want to calibrate your human system through getting as much experience as you can get: watch documentaries, read books, read encyclopedias and atlases, science books and art… get as much knowledge that you can map impressions to as possible, every day, all the time, then you stand the best chance of getting interpretations that are more accurate and less invention.
For more on this I recommend reading up on the ideas of Ingo Swann and Lyn Buchannan.

2 Likes

Remote viewing? I have heard of this but I thought it was just a myth. Like something out of Game of Thrones. Is this actually a real concept and if so, how do you go about achieving it? I know in another post you said Tarot will only give you symbols with which to attempt to figure out but remote viewing itself is another matter.

I want to try this but I am presuming this is tied into meditation? Or is there something else you have to do for this? Such as the object viewing exercise I have been trying lately?

1 Like

It’s completely real to the extent that remote viewers help law enforcement with difficult cases and it’s used in intelligence. The declassified documents are available, but more than that the field has been developed for civilian use and there are now multiple types. I practice the original “Controlled Remote Viewing” or CRV and less rigorous and more intuitive forms exist as well. Most of the groups you find for it online are a bit too prone to imagination and building castles in the sky, as it’s called, but there are good ones still. The team at Farsight have developed a version that’s pretty good.

I would recommend Lyn Buchanan’s course, but if that’s too pricey a Farsight sub gets you training videos. There are probably others but I don’t have experience with them. I’m happy to pass on what I have learned any time. At the end of the day it’s like playing chess: easy to learn and takes lots of practice to master.

Not at all: In fact it takes the opposite approach. RVers are taught not to enter trance. It’s easy to do, but as this was designed as a tool for intelligence gathering, they way its used when you get into trance you stop reporting, and that makes it useless. The key is that you develop communication with your subconscious you basically become a fully practicing psychic. As you develop you’ll have to learn how to tone it down to only what you want to know, as you’ll pass through a stage where being in public is overwhelming. The idea is you’re already psychic and it’s just a skill you need to practice.

Typically the RVer has a Monitor. They are given a blind target, and report all the impressions they get. The monitor knows what the target actually is, and is the one who reports the interpretations at the end. All interpretations are “set aside” or “deducted” during the reading as they are likely the conscious mind making shit up, as it really prefers to be in control. Only at the end do you as a lone viewer form a summary where you decide what is relevant.

This is a rather good interview with Lyn Buchanan who explains it best:

2 Likes

I actually had the impression about that mentioned “psychological” part in Tarot systems (compared to, for example, strictly Lenormand or Kipper systems or Runes) until I started to cross read them with other systems in one reading. Only after that the practical aspects of Tarot cards came to light to me and I am able to recognize them in Tarot-only sessions now, as well. But for quite a while I was annoyed with Tarot cards, because I wanted to know about what actions to take and not about what feelings to feel :smiley:

Can’t really agree on the “generally only positive” Tarot systems, I had many sessions with downright devastating outcomes for the seeker (the ones where you really have to seek for the silver linings with a magnifying glass) or myself :grimacing:

2 Likes

From time to time I get visions of events that will happen to humanity. I saw the attack at Syria, the refugee wave to Europe and the attack in Paris. Unfortunately I didn’t had the power to prevent those things before they actually happened. On the positive note when I was 13 I got a vision of who my cousine’s husband is gonna be and he is exactly as I saw in my vision

3 Likes

I hope the future will be good, and the troubled souls to be healed.

1 Like

This is the 15th reliving this same lifetime for me. Each time is different. I can see similarities, but honestly even i can’t see this one’s future.

I can make predictions, but they would either sound boring or so outlandish no one would believe either one.

The point is to learn, to grow, and to change things up.

I take what i need in the here and now, and leave the rest in peace.

You could develop your ability to see your past lives and other versions of yourself, but you might go completely insane. Is it worth it, honestly?

1 Like