The 84 Genies of Power by Tristan Whitespire

I’m awaiting my copy of this as well. I really liked your pathworking approach to working with the Genies.

1 Like

They have sick sense of humor. They don’t like people. What would you do if your worst enemy came asking you for help? I mean someone you really despised. Anyways it’s interesting to find they are not Djinn. I wonder exactly what the difference is between a Djinn and a Genius spirit? If they are not similar then what are they comparable to I wonder.

2 Likes

I think Whitespire gets into the origins and even why they are sometimes confused, but if not I know the information is out there somewhere. I don’t recall the details well enough to relay it to you with any accuracy.

I don’t worry too hard on supposed origins, though it’s interesting to get the human take on it, (and the spirits as well) it doesn’t affect whether or not get results so I treat it like my own past history in this life- interesting, maybe something I can learn to apply to life from it, or my practice but to not to become absorbed in.

Granted when I’m researching anything I get temporary absorbed in it, but I don’t latch onto I read this, so has to be that way- because well history is recorded by us ya know?

Hope that makes sense lol.

2 Likes

A Genius spirit is an aspect of your soul (personified virtue), whereas Jinn are external spirits that exist independently of you.

Genies of Nuctemeron are completely benevolent. When an aspect passes through a Zodiac sign, it learns a unique lesson. When all 7 aspects have travelled through all 12 Zodiac signs, your soul attains perfection.

5 Likes

I haven’t worked with it yet, though I downloaded it the other day. Funny story, I definitely got confirmation that I’m meant to work with it.

After reading the book for about an hour I decided to watch some YouTube. On my homepage there was a video about Genie Wiley. I haven’t watched any videos about her or cases like hers, and I’d never heard of the YouTuber either. I watched it anyway, and read the comments (which I never do). Someone posted “GENIUS.” And then it finally hit me- “Genie” and “Genius” showing up out of nowhere? Literally right after I started to read the book? Yep, definitely going to start working through this one soon :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking about doing something similar, so I was like “let me pop on BALG and see if anyone’s used this book” (since FB can be hit or miss). After reading your review, I’m definitely using the book now.

2 Likes

I concur. I’ve decided to purchase it after reading keteriya mentioned her experience with the book, but she also used it in an unique way.

3 Likes

I also have this one in my kindle (amazon) collection, it;s an really good read and is quite insightfull to the djinn, :slight_smile:

1 Like

I did not read it, but my mother does. So I can say that it really motivates and gives some good life tips.

Welcome @KaylaCarr It is a rule of this forum for all new members to properly introduce themselves, so PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW and tell us about yourself and any experience you may have in magick, such as what you practice, how long you have practiced, areas of interest, etc:

intro3

I believe in my power. I do not consider that we can not influence our fate and destiny. In a free book summary, the creation says how these 84 powers were used by the ancient sages to bring fortune to their fate and to dominate their destiny.

Welcome @RoyDickerson It is a rule of this forum for all new members to properly introduce themselves, so PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW and tell us about yourself and any experience you may have in magick, such as what you practice, how long you have practiced, areas of interest, etc:

intro3

Moreover, what principles and beliefs you have, such life you have. I mean if you think that you can’t change anything, so it will be.

Do we have to call each Genie on their day of the week?

1 Like

Also which kind of ritual did you use for the Djinns?

1 Like

Lyons operation is for lifelong effects and I was only trying to work on me and my immediate situation.

For Whitespires book I summoned them each once at time and gave a request based on the powers Whitespire used.

Lyons operation I did for 33 days per ritual. Whitespire I did them as one offs. No I didn’t even ensure the correct day was used. I just worked front to back and only skipped the genius I could not think of anything at all to give a request for.

I’ve used Lyons seal to summon a single genius on the fly, but mostly his was about raising the energy over a set of days to get long term affects.

Both good books, Lyons is better for over all empowerment and building your life, Whitespire is better if you know what you want exactly.

Both can be used in the same manner, by changing what you are doing/

2 Likes

Practical Djinn Magick by Hargrove was where I started :slight_smile:

I’ve always thought Jinns and Genies were only different languages, but i’ve read from another user here on BALG that Genies are different from Jinns.
The latter are demons of fire from islamic traditions, the first ones are parts of our brain.
(dunno if he was right or just fooling me)
Genies are probably good for emotional healing and breaking from bad habits/social programming.
I haven’t worked with the book though.

Jareth Tempest said it’s very effective.

2 Likes

33 days seems to be a theme with some of the genius stuff. Like Brand’s master protection ritual. I’m currently doing two 33 day rituals simultaneously from Tempest (which follow Brand’s structure but with different configurations of genius’ for different overall objectives).

In terms of Whitespire’s book, I found it very effective- although I didn’t realise it at the time.
Its one of those things that you go back over your journal some months later and realise that… okay yes that change has actually happened. I’m not sure when or how… but it has happened. It sneaks up on you quietly and subtly.

I haven’t read Lyon’s book, but I now feel very inclined to do so.

I started working with this book at the start of the year. But due to a lack of information regarding enemy targets, I have not been able to establish whether or not its been effective.

Getting into some crossed terminology here I feel. There is some debate as to whether the term “Genie” relates to Djinn or Genius spirits.
To that I will simply say this: In my view, most common middle eastern stories of Genies are more closely aligned to the concept of Djinn, in that they depict an individual being (and usually capable of producing material results).
Whereas Genius spirits tend to be depicted in a far more abstract way- as the personification of traits or virtues or skills or whatever.
So kind of like one refers to a being, the other refers to a concept that is referred to as a being.

Just my thoughts anyhoo.

2 Likes

Wow so many typos, I was still in bed…

Basically I just used Whitespires book like I would if I was summoning the Goetia.

Lyons book works on building the energy to have a longer effect, you could do this with Whitespires work and probably have phenomenal success- but I didn’t, though I did have mostly successes- but it was mostly inner work.

I really like Lyons’s book, it’s really geared at overall empowerment.

Genius and djinn feel and appear to me as completely different types of energy, but the genius will respond to djinn summoning methods- so idk.

I don’t think they are the same, but they have similarities in how they’ve been known to favor certain days :woman_shrugging: Really the only similarity I can think of off hand.

2 Likes