Teaching Magic to Kids & Teenagers

As a Teacher/Mentor, i was thinking of how fictional Characters are the perfect medium to reach magicians of this generation who may not be able to comprehend or understand Magic without Hollywood bias. It gives them a perfect way to tap into power and get the basic principles and be weaned from the “crutches” so to speak, little by little.

Here is a cool example of the Calling of The Watchtowers Rite you can teach a kid or teen who is into Pokemon, for example:

Casting a Circle
Tell them to Imagine a red laser beam coming out their hand and to slowly rotate in a circle.

Boom.
The circle is cast.

The Watchtowers
Tell them to focus in front of them and call,

Diglett, I choose YOU!**

And they imagine Diglett appearing. He is a earth Pokemon. Earth is North. Etc.

Then,
Squirtle I choose you!
Squirtle is A Water Pokemon. Water is East.

Keep going until the end.

You have just taught your Kid how to do a Ritual.

See where this is going?
What are some ideas you have for connecting with the current generation to teach magic?

9 Likes

Omg, this is adorable. Is it bad I kinda want Pokemon Watchtowers now?

3 Likes

Lmao no it isn’t

:rofl::rofl:
Go for it

Hell I am gonna use Yugi-Oh Cards as a Tarot Deck

5 Likes

Dude… TMNT Watchtowers…

2 Likes

Color Associated is the key there

Leo = Water
Raph=Fire
Don=Air
Michaelangelo=Earth

Or else depending on your intuition

3 Likes

Or By Weapon Association

2 Likes

I’m thinking:

Leo = Air
Raph = Fire
Don = Earth
Mikey = Water

2 Likes

I’ve used the Justice League as the Watchtowers…

Superman is fueled by the Sun, so he is Fire in the South
Wonder Woman is made from clay so she is Earth in the North
The Martian Manhunter in his intangible form is Air (could also probably use Batman as Air rules the intellect and his greatest power is his mind) in the East
And Aquaman is obviously Water in the West.

8 Likes

Fuckin Awesome :grin::grin::grin:

3 Likes

Man…the cool thing will be when we connect things like Black Magic of Ahriman with modern day stuff and teach it to our kids so they can start evolving from early ages

Or The Alchemy of Lucifer
Etc

4 Likes

So this is where the idea for the funky tarot decks came from! Nice! :3

2 Likes

We were kind of discussing this the other night but introducing planetary sigils and associations via Sailor moon. Introducing the idea of demonic guardians via Gargoyles. Having your child talk to the “scary” beings or black blobs in the room. Explain that not everyone looks like us but that doesnt mean individuals who look different want to hurt you… or you could also make little interactive short stories and read then when they are younger for bedtime stories. Have your children learn to visualize love and health when you teach them to cook.

3 Likes

Mmhmn
Exactly

Teach them incantations as nursery rhymes
Etc

2 Likes

Kids are sponges though. Should probably hold off til theyre older on death magic or some mad teachers gonna be calling you. :joy:

I can picture it now. Chemistry teacher drops dead in the middle of class and your evil ass kid is in the back chanting

Mrs. Dickface took a drink
And now shell drink no more
Cause what she thought was h20
Was h2s04
:joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

2 Likes

This is gold :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

That, good sir, is the only thing i really remember from my high school chemistry class :grin:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if you wrote that after you did something to Mrs.Dickface :smirk::smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Hahaha unfortunately if i would have killed every teacher i didnt like i never would have graduated with honors. :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

2 Likes

You could also do beadwork and make those Nifty little animal keychains and accompany the beadwork along with information about the corresponding spirit animal. Making a lizard for example.

2 Likes

This is chaos magic 101 straight out of the late 90’s/early 00’s lol

Brings back memories :slight_smile:

3 Likes