Tattoo amulets/talisman

I have heard about magicians using tattoos as amulets in the replacement of jewelry. How does that actually works?

1 Like

I’m interested in this as well. I’d like to hear from magicians with sigils or seals tattooed on them how it works, what kind of efficacy or effects it has.
I’m strongly considering getting a Goetic seal of my closest spirit tattooed on me also.
Actually I know just the Magician I’d like to ask.

@anon8398376 would you care to share your experiences on the subject please?

2 Likes

I don’t actually have any sigils or talismans tattooed, they’re photoshopped on my picture. I probably will in the future though. It’s basically a permanent blood pact that will always be there so I highly discourage anyone from ever doing it who doesn’t have a very long and beautiful relationship with whatever entity they choose.

2 Likes

Oh ok about the tattoos they looked really cool though. :+1:

Yeah that was my thought too on getting a tattoo.

1 Like

Oddly enough I just posted this yesterday in another thread. But they work the same as any other talisman really. You charge it with intent and put your energy into it. You can also use herbal balms, oils, and ointments to sort of anoint the sigil before any specific works.

6 Likes

So if I make a spirit seal tattoo I go to my demonic elemental circle and then charge the tattoo with my right hand on it chanting the Enn of the demon?

1 Like

I actually have a tattoo of a symbol I created at the end of my 42 Letter Name of God working. You can actually find the drawing at the end of my journal. As for the effects, while I can tap into the state I used to activate each of the seven parts, I have found my ability to manifest has increased and I can work with Angels without the energy “sickness” I had prior to that working.

4 Likes

Pretty much. But in theory it’s already charged with your blood as it’s being tattooed into you. When I am using my goblin key tattoo, I anoint it with faery appropriate oils and such, but even that isn’t needed. I just do it for extra oomph.

2 Likes

I have one in the form of a bind rune hidden in a death head hawk moth on mt left forearm and another in a raven on my left shoulder.

My advice on how to go about it depends on what exactly you are getting/doing. For my rune tattoos I did galdr over them.

2 Likes

Relationships come and go, personally I wouldn’t do this. What I have done is enchant a suitable tattoo I already have for an entity, which happens to be a triskele. It can always be unenchanted if things change - and they generally do, humans being humans.
I have changed the entity I enchanted it for once so far, away from Hekate who I had to detach and banish for reasons.

That’s awesome, I love this. People are fickle and fleeing, language endures.

2 Likes

i wouldn’t do this for any other spirit other than animal familier that i work with, but i have a tattoo on the soles of both feet (where my feet and the earth meet). it’s the connection between the earth and my feet thats important the tattoo is just the point of entry.

I have tattoos of 2 spirits. As for how that affects me- ask the guy at the Buckland Museum about when I started stomping my foot and hissing and making angry deer noises, lol.

That is a great question! It’s really fascinating that magicians are using tattoos as amulets in place of jewelry. From what I understand, the magicians believe that the tattoos symbolize protection and power, and that they can be used to ward off bad luck and attract good luck. I recently read an article about Iranian tattoos which are said to have been used as amulets for centuries. It’s amazing how people were able to use tattoos as a form of protection and how it has evolved over the centuries.

Welcome @StephaniePatrick It is a rule of this forum for all new members to properly introduce themselves, so PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW and tell us about yourself and any experience you may have in magick, such as what you practice, how long you have practiced, areas of interest, etc:

intro3

I have a tattoo of King Paimon on my throat and when I was getting it done I focused on charging it and opening it like I would any sigil or seal that I would have used before to invoke him. To me it is more than just a tattoo or sigil it is a representation of the working relationship he and I have and also a part of the permanent possession he and I did with each other. It’s a doorway for he and I can use at any given moment to suffice are personal needs. I have had an easier time in my invocation/evocation with him and the draw back is like I said it is an open door that he and I can walk through at any given moment. So there will be times I’m in the process of doing something and he’ll come to the forefront and have something on his mind that he like to do or finish. But all in all the pros out way the cons for me personally. Not all people can or deal with that type oy energy all of the time as well as myself but I’ve learned to roll with the punches and ride the wave of his essence when he does come. I hope this can help you and maybe answer your question you asked…

2 Likes