Tarot

So, two reasons why I’m posting this. One is altruistic and the other one highly selfish, so yet again folks get to see the balance that is me, lol.

Anywho, I noticed that what seems to be the most common form of divination didn’t have a home where it could be discussed specifically, so here it is.

The selfish reason? Oh, I just like reading for others and wanted to extend the offer.

Okay, DakrVnet, I’ll play! I have great fondness for Tarot and became quite proficient reading them. I even decided to DO Tarot readings professionally at one time. 2 difficulties arose: 1) I live in a very evangelical christian area, thus not well received. 2) The clients I did come across were the victim/obsessive variety (usually romance) and I had little patience with that. I wanted to help people elevate themselves, create better dircumstances, BE better people. I wanted to do Spiritually oriented readings. But, I digress …

What to you need from me to do your reading - a topic, a specific question, what? Or are you wanting to do a general reading of me on your own? Go for it, Dude, I’m game. Got no secrets worth keeping anyway … well, maybe a couple. :wink: Z

Oh Z. Why am I not surprised to find you’re the first one to respond. I read professionally for almost a year, fell out, and now I’m trying to get back in.

I really don’t NEED anything to do a reading. It’s more about what the client (in this case you) wants to get out of it. If you want it to be general, so be it. If you want more specific, then I would need a question. This will be interesting, because I’ve never done a reading over the net for someone whom I’ve never physically met.

Oh Dear!! So now I’m predictable, eh? Gonna hafta remedy that … can’t have y’all gettin’ bored already! MAYBE the answer is I’m the only one awake at 2am!)

The question shall be surrounding the career change I’ve decided I need. And I intend it to be a total sweep; something utterly new. And time-wise, I’d like to be established in the New within the next year. Now, here’s the actual question:

What do I need to be alert for/aware of in order to receive this change I’ve asked for? (Or,put another way, "What actions are MINE to take?)

PS: I promise I’ll be good, an’ tell you the truth when asked for feedback … :wink: Z

[quote=“Zoe, post:2, topic:101”]Okay, DakrVnet, I’ll play! I have great fondness for Tarot and became quite proficient reading them. I even decided to DO Tarot readings professionally at one time. 2 difficulties arose: 1) I live in a very evangelical christian area, thus not well received. 2) The clients I did come across were the victim/obsessive variety (usually romance) and I had little patience with that. I wanted to help people elevate themselves, create better dircumstances, BE better people. I wanted to do Spiritually oriented readings. But, I digress …

What to you need from me to do your reading - a topic, a specific question, what? Or are you wanting to do a general reading of me on your own? Go for it, Dude, I’m game. Got no secrets worth keeping anyway … well, maybe a couple. :wink: Z[/quote]

I live in the south as well Zoe

Ok Stupid question can we uses the cards to do a reading on ourselves???

Yes, most of the ones I have done are to see if some things I have been thinking of doing are good ideas or not.

i love Tarot. Sadly there’s no one here to read for. Soooo my pretty decks of cards are stashed away for the time being…

@BlackPhoenix: You most certainly CAN (and should) read for yourself! As often as you like! Divination is an invaluable help in avoiding making poor choices in everyday life! The only thing you have to kind of watch out for in the beginning is getting too emotional about the subject. When you don’t like the answers you’re getting, because you’re too attached to getting your way - or have tunnel vision about wanting something to unfold a certain way. Approach reading for yourself with the same detachment you would have when reading for another. And read, read, read! :wink: Z

1 Like

would you read for me? :slight_smile:

would you read for me? :)[/quote]

I would also like to try reading another person, so let me know if you ahve anything your wondering about.

If you would like to give me a reading…and include all of my different personalities…I give you God Speed…

And also…I would like someone else on this forum to give me a Tarot reading …where I might compare the two…

I also do readings for myself whenever I have some questions and have gotten exact readings…so…if someone else would like to join this effort…

I can say just give me a reading as to what you would see into my future…that is the standard approach I would think…

Maxx

Well guys, DakrVnet disappeared shortly after I accepted his offer, so if either of you want to have a go at my original question, that’d be great!

Ok, I think I’ll go with zoes question. I’ll do it when I come back home later today.

Ok, here’s what I got for zoes question

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ok so for actions, if you look to the upper right this indicates the future, I’m not entirely sure about what these would specifically refer to in your life though, but all of them seem to be pretty favorable cards. Seems that one thing that will be happening is there will be an end to some sort of conflict which will happen in a favorable sort of way. What sort of feelings do you get from looking at this spread?

Hi Defectron!

Thanks for the spread. It pretty much confirms what I already know - that I’m about to be offered a promotion due to my immediate senior leaving - likely in about 2 months…

My challenge (within myself) is that I very much want out of this work environ entirely … as you can see on the left, its “law-related” (Supervisor of Security). This field does not match me at all, nor does it satisfy except monetarily. I’m gonna hafta choose between a significant pay increase or finding work that truly fulfills. I also see there is a variable out there - an option for getting into a creative field (much more in keeping with my interests). The two of swords & the two of wands are telling me to make the choice for the one that offers emotional fulfillment (ten of cups)

Great spread, man. Shows focus on your part, to do an accurate layout at a distance! :wink: Z

What spread are you using?

This the fifteen card method from the golden dawn tarot deck

Hey guys. So sorry about my disappearance. I had some personal issues that prevented me from logging on for a while. That I aside, I’m back, although extremely busy, I’ll try and check in at least once every couple of days.