Tarot help

Does anyone have good tips for working with Tarrot or if you know some good books that teach about the reading.

3 Likes

mostly , each deck of tarot cards comes with a book , if that’s what you’re worried about .

tarot is a form of divination , so ask if a question , use your intuition , and set your intention as getting an answer to your question. you are the universe when doing tarot, remember that. it helps you connect easier.

work with the cards, their energy, and with what each one means to you. you’ll eventually start picking stuff up. do readings . a lot. you’ll start to memorize the cards , and , eventually, knowing how to put the “stories” together. practice.

4 Likes

I can probably go on for a month about it. What’s some of the things you want to know?

2 Likes

Pull cards for yourself every morning for the day! At the end of the day see how the cards translated in it! It will give you an understanding to how it applies to reality.
Reading books might help but you need as much practice as possible to get used to it.

1 Like

Tarot for Beginners: A Holistic Guide to Using the Tarot for Personal Growth and Self Development by Meg Hayertz on amazon. I highly recommend it. I am a beginner and I was able to read tarot the very first day my cards came because of how helpful the book is.

2 Likes

Im mostly interested in the interpretation, the book that I got with it obviously provides some basic information, however it doesn’t go in depth.

1 Like

There’s a bunch of websites with deeper meanings and even books too.

1 Like

Tarot to me can work similar to your subconscious mind, in the way it gives you messages/guidance.

It’s always through images/symbolism/numbers/feelings etc, and can seem “cryptic”. However I find it often has deeper meaning then just what plain words can provide.

I still struggle to understand what my tarot cards mean in a given reading, but from what I’ve gotten - (they’re pretty accurate so far). Another issue is NOT putting your OWN meaning to it - aka not making the cards mean WHAT YOU WANT them to mean, I do this automatically if the reading seems “negative”, or the answer isn’t what I want.

Don’t read other peoples’ interpretations, at least until you’ve develop your own. The cards are your personal oracle. Just get into the cards! See any imagery patterns? Can you use the Major Arcana to tell a story? Forgetting The Fool for the moment, study the card sequences: 1 - 7; 8 - 14; 15 - 21. Pick a card, gaze at it taking a mental picture. Close your eyes and see the card. This takes time. Using the image as a doorway - walk through.
Keep notes. And remember, if you’re not having fun you’re not doing it right!

Al.

1 Like

This is the best advice I have seen in a whole!!

You have no idea how many miserable, unproductive years it was before I found that advice.
So called Magicians don’t do too much Magick because it’s such an effort and hassle. This proves they’re not doing it right!

Al.

1 Like