Tarot Decks With the Best Symbolism?

With tarot this is gonna be extremely subjective to the person replying simply cause everyone has differing levels of resonance with different energies. Beat advise i could give on this is look around online at the different ones out there. Check their samples and see what calls to YOU cause that is where you will get the most out of this tool.

2 Likes

Try the Deviant Moon Deck, the Wildwood tarot, Arthurian legend, Druidcraft tarot and the Dreams of Gaia…

Also try 2000+ Tarot Reviews: Find the Perfect Deck | Aeclectic Tarot to view samples of tarot decks. Any review of 4 stars and over are recommended.

2 Likes

Probably not that great for people outside of Finland but Ukon pakka looks VERY interesting to me
Bit too expensive for now though

2 Likes

Thoth deck was designed with occult symbolism. They purposefully designed the cards to create a more esoteric meaning.

2 Likes

I agree. The Thoth deck was created in order to give better results even though it’s a but harder to learn.

2 Likes

I use the Thoth Tarot Deck.

1 Like

My preferred is Universal Waite cause it gives me clear readings as no other. I have had several different decks along 35 years of readings but no one compares to Universal Waite. I know it is a matter of taste, but some have lots of embedded symbols which cause me some distress.

2 Likes

https://scarletimprint.com/publications/sola-busca-tarocchi

One of the earliest tarrochis ever produced as a Ferrarese tool of espionage after the salt wars with Venice. Pamela Colman Smith based some of the design of the Rider Waite deck on the trumps of the Sola Busca. It encodes Saturnian imagery and acts as a grimoire in and of itself, acting as a conduit for Saturn in his most primitive form; the Afro Levantine deity Baal Hammon, better known as Moloch. The deck was originally designed as a potent tool of attack sorcery due to the nature of the astral forces that it is bound to. The deck awaits a full exploration via evocation and soul travel for the enterprising black magician. But, as one of my mentors advises; you’d better make damn sure you’re more powerful than what you evoke.

2 Likes

My go to is the Witches tarot by Ellen Dugan. But I have a huge love for the Thoth deck as it’s full of symbolism and very straight to the point.

3 Likes

Lon Milo Duquette’s Tarot of Ceremonial Magick. Artwork isnt the greatest but it is loaded with correspondences…esp relevant sigils. I used EAs method for consecration and charging the deck from the divination program (which is based on thoth deck) and the cards pulse with energy. I recommend the deck.

2 Likes

My personal favorite is the Celtic Dragon Tarot. The illustrations are beautiful imho. They do tell a unique story due to the celtic symbology but also the dragon themselves seem to have a story to tell. Not suggestive as per sexuality other than the Lovers card but sensual like dragons should be in the way that they are drawn. :wink:
Only trouble is I think they are hard to find these days, maybe find at amazon or Llewellyn’s Llewellyn

2 Likes

I am a bit biased since I know the guy, not closely, but we chat here and there, but, I would definitely suggest the Hirajeta Tarot. He uses just a unique and eye catching style with a lot of symbolism in each card illustration.

1 Like

Because of this thread I’m getting donald tysons necronomicon deck. Thank you.

3 Likes

The Fountain Tarot is really good as well. It’s a collection of oil paintings with more modern and geometric symbolism, it has a silvery metallic finish to it that runs along its edges. The deck just takes you to a different time! It has a beautiful aesthetic and deep symbolic meaning

2 Likes

Mine is called Dark Tarot. I like the artwork and actually get accurate readings with it whereas I didn’t with other decks. There is some very sexual and very violent artwork on some cards, others are pretty tender or calm. It’s a good balance being presented.

I think finding a deck that you “vibe with” is important. I think of my cards as friends and have a relationship with them so to speak. I didn’t with other decks that I tried. So it seems to make quite a difference.

3 Likes

What are some decks that are more Left Hand path based? I am looking for one that keeps with the “traditional” symbolism, but in a Left Hand Path way? if that makes sense?

1 Like

google lhp tarot, many results pop up.

Maybe I should rephrase that, which decks are you all using, LHP based? I know Google works. Lol

1 Like

I believe BALG released a Tarot deck some time ago.

1 Like

Yes, I may get that one eventually.