Tarot Card Newbie

I’ve wondering which tarot deck I should buy as a newbie? Could anyone recommend me any? Just so you know I’m on budget too so I’m thinking of buying them cheap but good quality. I saw some on Amazon. Do you buy a certain tarot deck if your drawn to them? Then decide buying them trusting your own intuition? Thanks. :v:t5:

3 Likes

I bought my first tarot deck based on my budget… I wasn’t drawn to it, there were others that were more to my liking, but way more expensive as well. But when I received it and opened the package and touched them for the first time I was surprisingly attracted to them. And the more i was looking at them, each card one by one, the more hypnotised I was. If you can buy one that you feel attracted to, go for it. As for recommendations for a beginner I’d say its the Rider-Waite. That was my first deck as well.

2 Likes

A tarot deck is a tool. They accomplish one thing: getting information. Buy the one you like.

1 Like

Get the one that speaks to you the most.

2 Likes

Thanks for all of your advice. :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

One last tip that may or may not important to you

Most of Amazon’s tarot cards are produced by this company, and all their product use a thin, kinda cheap paper. I really dont like it, so I mostly collect from other company. Just for heads up

1 Like

Which company do you use?

1 Like

There’s several I used
HarperOne comes to mind as their card in my opinion has the best quality paper wise

1 Like

You mean Harper Collins?

1 Like

Im sure the name of the publisher/company is HarperOne or else i remember wrong. I’ll check when i get home

1 Like

I’d stick with the traditional rider Waite if you’re new. Get the radiant deck as the colors are much better and the pictures are more clear.

Every deck created by a different artist will have semi different meanings for different cards. The rider Waite is a good beginning to build a foundation of knowledge and then expand later on with different decks.

1 Like

I am using the The Witches Tarot, also I’m new to tarot but I choose the deck because of the art, I’m a graphic designer so I like the art to look cool i guess?

1 Like

Also you could use your tarot into your spellwork so maybe that is a factor to keep in mind.

I just have a classic deck. I think it cost me maybe $7-9. But I also had free Prime at the time so shipping was free for me.

1 Like

I don’t do spellwork and never have but I will consider in the future.

Funny because in the UK it’s a little more expensive. They’re under £15. :sweat:

1 Like

Yeah, I cant even find my deck online anymore :confused: and every other one seems to be $15ish too. Hmmm…

1 Like

But if you would like to do spells work with the tarot I recommend The Tarot Spellcaster by Terry Donaldson and Tarot Spells by Janina Renée. Fun books to integrate your tarot and build a relationship with the tarot.

1 Like

I use the Thoth deck, which I bought at my local friendly neighborhood New Age/Wicca shop. It was the first deck I learned on.

2 Likes