Synchronicity much!?

The craziest thing just happened… The universe (I guess) has been pointin me (hard) to read The Art of War. I see that book everywhere I go. It’s popping up all over my YouTube suggestions lately… I thought it’s probably a strange coincidence. Went in to a book store saw a beautiful edition of the art of war for just £10 Almost bought it, but right next to it was a beautiful edition from the same publisher of The Prince which I also wanted to read so I went for that one against my intuition. BEEP wrong choice! Why? Because I saw this book again on the airport this time. And again I went for some thing else… Deadpool unleashed no.14 (I do love deadpool so I thought it would be nice to have a comic book at home, and the cover was amazing) then I Flew home. Opened it on the very first page. My face turned white. Guess what one of the comics inside was called… Deadpool’s Art of War… are you kidding me? It didnt even say that on the cover. Wow such amazing synchronisity I’m shocked. And I think I should get to reading that book…!

Photos below: 1527415522265-131918368|281x500

8 Likes

It’s one of the foundation texts, invaluable imo.

5 Likes

Which Art of War? The one by Machiavelli or Sun Tzu? Both have the same name, but Sun Tzu’s is probably better. I’ve read Machiavelli, but only his very excellent Discourses and Prince. Machiavelli’s Art of War is never hyped, so perhaps it isn’t on par with Sun Tzu’s.

1 Like

Oh didn’t realise machiavelli had an art of war as well… it was Sun Tzu’s :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The Prince has been popping up everywhere for me.

1 Like

I’m reading the prince right now. It’s very short and to the point but very interesting with a lot of great life lessons that are even more applicable nowadays. Definitely read it. And I will read Art of War :blush:

1 Like

Don’t just read it. Study it. Very much worth it.

1 Like

Thanks @Faustus I will. I feel like it’s a great thing to have in your arsenal so you can whip out the knowledge when needed :wink:

Art of War is soooo good. It’s a great example of poetry in its highest form. Poetry is when a military manual is also about life the universe and everything.

1 Like

Both are great books, worth to read again and again as one may get new and excellent insights from time to time.
The Prince was forbidden by the Church for centuries. IMO, it’s the golden key to decipher the politics

1 Like

That is exactly the feeling I have when I read it. It’s so obvious all the world leaders read it.

1 Like