Surving a curse equal to surviving a cold or flu?

i was in one of my many contemplations and this just popped in my head. dont know how true it is. which is why i am posting here to get yall opinion. SO…do u guys think that surviving a curse or surviving an experience of a back draft of a curse YOU put on somebody “boosts” your “magickal” immune system so that when another curse is put on you of the same caliber or lower, it wont affect you as strongly or at all because you have developed an immunity to such things. similar to a cold, since you can never catch the same cold or flu twice. Thoughts??

i dunno. this isn’t actually true of all colds anyway - some of them can leave permanently debilitating injuries. same with gunshot wounds. and frequently you’ll get sick the second time you get a cold, you just generally recover more quickly when your immune system has “learned”. but, if your immune system is compromised, some of those old lingering colds will come back - and things your body should be able to handle may overwhelm it.

i suppose if you fend off a curse, you would be better prepared the next time, but again - no guarantee. if it catches you off-guard, or when your energy is down, it might be more devastating the next time.

however, these are just thoughts. i’m not certain, but i think it could go either way.

[quote=“redcircle, post:2, topic:1024”]i dunno. this isn’t actually true of all colds anyway - some of them can leave permanently debilitating injuries. same with gunshot wounds. and frequently you’ll get sick the second time you get a cold, you just generally recover more quickly when your immune system has “learned”. but, if your immune system is compromised, some of those old lingering colds will come back - and things your body should be able to handle may overwhelm it.

i suppose if you fend off a curse, you would be better prepared the next time, but again - no guarantee. if it catches you off-guard, or when your energy is down, it might be more devastating the next time.

however, these are just thoughts. i’m not certain, but i think it could go either way.[/quote]

yea i do agree with what u are saying. maybe my thoughts were not thought through thoroughly…

Another factor would be who cursed you. If two different magiciansof different skill use the same curse on you at different times you would likely have a harder time defending from the more skilled magician despite having defeated this same curse before.

I don’t think of magickal defenses as an immune system. I think of it more as armor and from time to time it has to be rebuilt after a hard fought battle due to the damage it took. You may learn from the experience and be better suited for stronger armor but I don’t think the armor itself learns from previous attacks.

[quote=“TheWanderingFool, post:4, topic:1024”]Another factor would be who cursed you. If two different magiciansof different skill use the same curse on you at different times you would likely have a harder time defending from the more skilled magician despite having defeated this same curse before.

I don’t think of magickal defenses as an immune system. I think of it more as armor and from time to time it has to be rebuilt after a hard fought battle due to the damage it took. You may learn from the experience and be better suited for stronger armor but I don’t think the armor itself learns from previous attacks.[/quote]

i understand.

My angle- rather than a Magickal “immune system” it is more a matter of Constitution or ability to soak-up impact not being as shocking to the system (Some training that involves jolting-magickally-energetically another, they rest- repeat… over time changes how the system reacts, maybe not so much shrugging it off nor resisting, but in a curse and other Entangling affects utilize the “subcon” automatic flinch type reactions… those can adjust Indirectly (ie being exposed to something that is enuff to react, but way below your threshold… keep it below threshold and time inbetween to integrate and recalibrate, and the system “might” adjust ie “vegetative learning” thus indirectly, vs directly going in and making changes how you react (either way the “conscious” had no contribution as the reaction to such an “influence” (attack?) is so not that symbol/recognition of occurrence… decide to do something… etc.

I hope that adds something (stirred up something in my other parts of mind-awareness- like shifting and movements in the shadows- far from the light of the Mind’s campfire, as well as memories of an-other that flicker of not-quite-thought and ear-ringing and tense-ugh: all arose as I wrote above and thought I’d try and include that also)… cheers