Suggestions

So I didn’t know where to post this and I’m not a total newbie so and posting it here. My whole life I’ve followed a difference path but for over 15 years I have lived as an practicing eclectic Witch and Psychic Medium. Recently I’ve been more and more interested In following and exploring the Left Hand Path and must say it was both the readings of Lavey and Koetting’s awesome videos and talks that have brought me to seek this side of myself. Though I’ve always leaned more to the darker nature of things and was never a “fluffy new age Wiccan” -no offense to those In that boat…I feel almost like I’m at a point where I’m being called into this direction.

That’s where I would love your help and suggestions from you guys who are more experienced than me in this path. I was hoping you could recommend some great books or other outlets that would allow me to learn more and enter from a beginner’s perspective but not be so dumbed down that I’m left reading and telling myself"I already know this." If that makes sense.

In any event much appreciated any recommendations or advice. Thanks again in advance.

I recommend the book Lords Of The Left-Hand Path by Stephen Flowers, here’s a snippet that might sum it up a bit:

Essentially, the left-hand path is the path of non-union with the objective universe. It is the way of isolating consciousness within the subjective universe and, in a state of self-imposed psychic solitude, refining the soul or psyche to ever more perfect levels. The objective universe is then made to harmonize itself with the will of the individual psyche rather than the other way around. Where the right-hand path is [i]theocentric[/i] (or certainly alleocentric: "other centred"), the left-hand path is [i]psychecentric[/i], or soul/self-centred. Those within the left-hand path may argue over the nature of this self/ego/soul, but the idea that the individual is the epicentre of the path itself seems undisputed. An eternal seperation of the individual intelligence from the objective universe is sought in the left-hand path. This amounts to an immortality of the independent self-consciousness moving within the objective universe, and interacting with it at will.

That’s his core definition, the rest looks at Eastern traditions, the roots and history of western trad., LaVey’s “satanic cosmology,” the occult revival, and then he ends by enthusing about his personal Temple Of Set stuff, but you can tune that out and not lose the main essence of the book.

He takes a few broadsides at the RHP throughout the book, but all based on his interpretation of the perils of assigning complete authority to external moralities, and the way that tends to lead to wars, jihads, and witch-hunts, etc.

Btw, please check your Personal Messages! :slight_smile: