Suggestions please šŸ˜

Can anyone suggest some good books to learn about goetic spirits? Which authors/books in youā€™re opinion would be the best to take a look at? :slight_smile: Will appreciate any helpful responses :grin:

4 Likes

Really quick tip to post emojis here make sure you put a space

2 Likes

Will do :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You could try, oh, I donā€™t know, the actual Goetia?

The original Mathers/Crowley edition is free on the net, and there is also the ā€œLuciferianā€ Goetia by Michael Ford, and the ā€œDemonolatryā€ Goetia by S. Connolly.

10 Likes

Evoking Eternity by EA Koetting
Goetia of Shadows by Michael W. Ford

Those are fine and a good choice around here.

5 Likes

Thankyou!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thankyou :grin:

2 Likes

Omg thanks, Iā€™ve been doing some reading the past few days itā€™s a lot to take in. Thanks so much for youā€™re suggestions :slight_smile: Will have a read

1 Like

Nope, itā€™s against the rules to give links for free pdfā€¦

Flagged.

6 Likes

Well neither sites are illegal. And this is a fact!

Book was published 1996, therefore still well within copyright, sorry.

3 Likes

Itā€™s evident you know NOTHING about copy right fair use so here ya go.
Baylor Univ.
What is fair use?

Fair use allows limited use of copyrighted material without permission from the copyright holder for purposes such as criticism, parody, news reporting, research and scholarship, and teaching. There are four factors to consider when determining whether your use is a fair one. You must consider all the factors below, even though all the factors do not have to be in favor of a use to make it a fair one. It is important to remember that fair use is a defense for copyright infringement. Therefore much of what defines fair use is determined in outcomes of court cases. Stanford University maintains a list of important fair use court cases. Also, take a look at ā€œA Fair(y) Use Taleā€ for an amusing, but accurate explanation of Fair Use, as well as an example of fair use, and Fair Use Fundamentals, a document commissioned by the Association of Research Libraries in 2015.

The four fair use factors are as follows:

1. The purpose and character of the use, including whether the use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;
  2. The nature of the copyrighted work, such as whether the work is fiction or non-fiction, published or unpublished;
  3. The amount of the work used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole, such as using a poem in its entirety, or using one chapter from a long book;
  4. The effect of the use upon the potential market for the copyrighted work.

Also as an ā€œadminā€ you should know this before yā€™all just take a post down because of what you THINK. I KNOW. Also you need to read the case that Google won (Authors Guild, Inc. v. Google, Inc.)on this exact matter. My post laid within the bounds of an educational NONPROFIT purpose.
You ā€œgodā€™sā€ speak from ignorance and I just donā€™t get itšŸ˜‚. But here we are again so PLEASE this time delete my account. I have no more use if this forum.

1 Like

Can we all get along please, anymore helpful suggestions will be welcome as long as theyā€™re not infringing any copyright laws :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Iā€™m well aware of that guideline, this is the relevant part:

1. The amount of the work used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole
  1. I am not an admin, I am a moderator. Minor issue, but relevant for someone being so pedantic

2. You wrote:

No, I donā€™t, my role on here is to enforce this forumā€™s rules, which include not linking to sites where copyrighted material can be downloaded - both these works are still under copyright, you are not free to use this forum to hand them out to people.

I also draw your attention to this, from the forumā€™s basic Terms of Service:

2. Responsibility of Contributors

By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:

• the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;

Thank you for calling me a god, I guessā€¦? :man_shrugging:

I will close your account, as requested, I addressed this because the seeming recourse to quoting DMCA guidelines may confuse people what is permitted on here.

4 Likes

I recommend Luciferian Goetia by Michael Ford

3 Likes

To draco6116: Not a great way of supporting writers. There are plenty of out of copyright works, youtube vidoes, people sharing free info on this very forum and plenty of free sites out there.

3 Likes

Thankyou will put that next on my list just purchased the book of azazel n Iā€™ve got two others to read. :grin:

2 Likes