Suggestions for a rite/pact to advance my guitar playing abilities

I’m currently in the process of putting together a ritual/spell for the advancement and expansion of by own abilities at playing guitar. It has been about two years now since I bought my first guitar and started learning how to play the damn thing. In recent months I’ve hit a block with my progress and abilities with my guitar playing skills and I have all these musical ideas that I want to manifest physically. This it why I’m formulating a spell or pact to make me better at guitar. So far I’ve made a sigil from the words of my intent written on paper and then sigilized. My idea is to evoke Azazel so I can ask him or form a pact with him to make me better at guitar and speed up my progress. Do any of you have any suggestions for the content and procedural aspects of this rite?

1 Like

Its less about physical skill and more about dissolving the boundaries and limitations in your mind that you have towards music, and even possibly yourself. No entity that Ive found will code new muscle memory into you so that you wake up the next morning automatically playing Steve Vai’s entire catalog from memory. The only thing that will get you that is earnest practice, discipline and dedication.

However, many guitarists arent that great not because of lack of technique, but in limited imagination. At some point every guitarist wants to be able to play greasy 12/8 blues leads and be able to mimic whoever their favorite musician at the time is, and that usually leads to “playing in the box”. Even improvisation gets limited from this because the player is used to hearing pentatonics, or whatever scales their preferred music uses, and thats what feels familiar to their hands.

The great guitarists in history have always made history by going against the familiar, and stretching out, grabbing new ideas and techniques, and presenting them in an assessable, but exciting manner.

In my work with Azazel in the past, I wasnt shown any practice or training regiments, but extremely colorful, mind-bending concepts and tricks that didnt just apply to guitar, but to music as a whole. Ive been led to extremely esoteric and unusual forms of self-expression, all that I have absorbed into my own personal style.

Jeff Beck is a great example of someone who takes inspiration from everything and applies it to the guitar.

If your experience is anything like mine was, your whole outlook and understanding of music, and your approach to the guitar will be completely changed in a short matter of months. One day you may find yourself jamming with your air conditioner and actually getting some great ideas from the process! While youre at it, try working with Astaroth, you may get some really exciting surges of inspiration.
If youre looking to speed things up, Ive found Hent’yos to be very good for quickly moving you up the rungs of your chosen field.

3 Likes

I’ve been playing guitar since I was twelve, 21 years now. If you hit a road block try and master a song you never thought before you could play. Start slow and work your way up to full speed. “Hangar 18” from Megadeth was my biggest achievement as a teen. “Grace” from Lamb of God is a good one for a more modern song. Solos and all man, don’t give up, work at it. “Revolution Is My Name” from Pantera is another jump start inspiring song, long live Dimebag!

1 Like
Its less about physical skill and more about dissolving the boundaries and limitations in your mind that you have towards music, and even possibly yourself. No entity that Ive found will code new muscle memory into you so that you wake up the next morning automatically playing Steve Vai's entire catalog from memory. The only thing that will get you that is earnest practice, discipline and dedication.

great post Lotus

As a working musician who has been practicing and playing since the early 70’s I can only say that practice and dedication is the best way to sound like yourself instead of something else.

In an age of fast iPhone guitar riffs, its no wonder more and more young kids wanting to play an instrument simply go to their local guitar center to join the ranks of junior cacophony, all playing the elusive “for whom the bell tolls” in union…

any spirit that would bestow “overnight” ample guitar chops instead of having the player practice and learn I will personally venture out into the nether astral and tear them apart. Fucking insulting when I had to put years of practice but a spirit walks along and just throws it like wreaths of laurels?..no fucking way

Finding an entity for “inspiration” and “absorption” of music theory is one thing, getting a spirit to simply whack out another Steve Vai(who incidentally is actually more of a composer than a guitarist at this point) is beyond my comprehension.

Study and learn, practice…lay the ground work and then find an entity to assist.

Oh… This makes me think of Robert Johnson and his crossroads pact… Look into it. It’s all over YouTube and Google. Apparently, he made a deal with the Devil and overnight he had the very best skills in the world. He really DID become a success story but he died real young at age 27…

Yeah… 27 like Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain, Amy Winehouse, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix and about 30 more. [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/27_Club]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/27_Club[/url]

But seriously, look into Amdusias. He’s hailed as the TOP musician EVER! [url=http://enochian.org/daemons.php?page=Amdusias]Spirit Seals & related items - Daemons - Page 0 - Enochian.org Magick & Occult Supplies

Evoke Amdusias, get into him, strike a deal and you shall definitely progress.

1 Like

Certain copies of Tool’s “ænima” look like this :wink:

If you really want to get into the occult guitarist thing, I suggest you find out everything you can on Jimmy Page, the man’s already done it all.

2 Likes

I’m talking about speeding up my progress, not becoming a professional overnight. Seeding up my learning and absorption of new abilities.

That only depends on how much you dedicate yourself to it…i mean…i can only think of those musicians who spend endless nights without sleeping until they get that transition correct or that upscale perfectly done…it only depends on you.

1 Like

I know some people are opposed to the idea of “instant assimilation” of a skill, but I think it would be great. You have to be open to it, and really not care or prioritize the idea of time+effort = good. Most people will, and hey, I have no disrespect for that mentality at all. However, you have a complete right to not give a damn about that ideology, and you can demand whatever you want to come to you however quickly you want it.

Of course, this is probably easier said than done, but it should be possible. It is probably up to you to figure out whether or not you allow a particular entity to entrain you well enough to allow mastery of something like guitar playing in a short span of time. I wouldn’t tell people this is how you did it, as many people would be pissed, but you have a right to do it most certainly. There’s probably a whole slew of instant transmission entities out there who are just waiting for a person who truthfully doesn’t conform to the time+effort=good ideal to come in a take their power. There probably already are people who do that, and no one knows about them for a good reason haha

I agree that using the occult can have a dramatic influence on your music, but busting your ass and pushing through a plateau should be a focus as well. Don’t put all your bets on working with entities as being the only means. They can help, especially in songwriting, but the hard work is still required on your part.

If you pay attention to what everyone has said, ALL of that will speed up your progress

[quote=“the1gza, post:9, topic:1837”]I know some people are opposed to the idea of “instant assimilation” of a skill, but I think it would be great. You have to be open to it, and really not care or prioritize the idea of time+effort = good. Most people will, and hey, I have no disrespect for that mentality at all. However, you have a complete right to not give a damn about that ideology, and you can demand whatever you want to come to you however quickly you want it.

Of course, this is probably easier said than done, but it should be possible. It is probably up to you to figure out whether or not you allow a particular entity to entrain you well enough to allow mastery of something like guitar playing in a short span of time. I wouldn’t tell people this is how you did it, as many people would be pissed, but you have a right to do it most certainly. There’s probably a whole slew of instant transmission entities out there who are just waiting for a person who truthfully doesn’t conform to the time+effort=good ideal to come in a take their power. There probably already are people who do that, and no one knows about them for a good reason haha[/quote]

Here’s the problem with that, I ran this idea by my occult teacher when I was talking about reality writing and thought it’d be cool to wirte reality so I was a master of kung fu, jeet kune do and ninjitsu, but there’s problems with that idea. If you write in a new skill like that sometimes this will deactivate old skills that you have making it a trade off. So I figured doing something like that would be too risky since I could risk losing something important.

Magick isn’t meant to instantly give you a skill or cause change, if that was so I would have a ten inch dick and 30" biceps by tomorrow. Use magick to aid in gaining that skill such as calling the elemental king djinn to raise your metabolism while you’re hitting the gym and dieting so that you’ll see results much faster. I’ll be the first to admit that I’ve used demonic possession to speed things up and cause change I’m my physical body such as aid growing a beard, dick size, weight, etc. Most of the time these things turn around to bite you in the ass though… Basically to give the jist of what I’m saying, don’t try to get insane skills overnight. Use a demon and practice so you can gain that skill faster

[quote=“Enlightener_Illuminator, post:5, topic:1837”]Oh… This makes me think of Robert Johnson and his crossroads pact… Look into it. It’s all over YouTube and Google. Apparently, he made a deal with the Devil and overnight he had the very best skills in the world. He really DID become a success story but he died real young at age 27…

Yeah… 27 like Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain, Amy Winehouse, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix and about 30 more. [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/27_Club]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/27_Club[/url][/quote]

I was about to suggest to evoke Robert Johnson, I don’t even play guitar but man, to play with Johnson must be the hell of a experience, and of course Hendrix will be the second in the list, or my list.

Either way, you may try for planetary magick, Apollo in the sphere of Sun or some spirit related to Venus, since the arts revolve around there

To add my 2 cents to all the other great advice maybe instead of Azazel you find an entity that teaches all arts and make a pact with them.This is something I’ve been wanting to do being I’ve been playing the guitar off and on for 14 years but I’m all self tought.Yeah lessons from an all knowing demon sounds the way to go1!!

A lot of great advise here. The best advise I can give is to practice all the time and play with musicians more talented than yourself. Having to hang on by he skin of your teeth to keep up with a better guitarist will help you pick up on things much faster than scales and playing along to cd’s.

The occult influence can provide the inspiration but the dedication to this art much like magick rests squarely on your shoulders. You get what you put in and usually not a drop more.

Like I wrote before, I want to use magic to speed up my progress and understanding. It’s not my intention to do a ritual and wake up the next day being the next Dimebag Darrel or Karl Sanders. Practice is fun and the rare times I make noticeable progress it really does ‘get me off’ hehe.

Basically I’m trying to figure out how I can use magic as a catalyst for my learning, progress and development.

Are you able to evoke? If so work with Paimon as he teaches all arts and sciences. Paralda could also be a good choice to help with memory and understanding theory. If you have particular spirit who your close with you could ask it to inspire and act as muse. Writing a song in honor of this spirit would be an excellent offering or thanks for the spirits assistance.

alright this is something that I’ve been wondering about, particularly for my goals(being a modern day renaissance man). I will post some strategies that may help.

Cover your walls in informative posters. If you are trying to learn a song, put up the notes on your walls. Open it like you would a sigil. the goal is to let this information seep in your subconscious, causing your mind to work overtime on the subject even without your awareness. your not going to be paying attention to the poster most of the time but you will still see it, and the part of your mind that is working below the surface will keep reflecting on it. as long as you emphasize that this is important to you, your mind will help you greatly.

Research Integrative learning strategies. The Idea is to help you grasp a new subject by creating associations to other subjects, jumpstarting the learning process. Kind of like mastering one instrument and using your knowledge gained from that to master another one.

Study NLP, find out the best way to process the information. I’m a beginner at the subject and it’s already helped me immensely.

Find a spirit connected to what you want to learn(this can even be a dead man). DO AS MUCH RESEARCH ON THE SPIRIT AS POSSIBLE(prepatory immersion). After that continue to study the subject you want to learn. create a mentor/student type relationship with this entity, evoking them on a daily basis. Study, practice, evoke, repeat. don’t worry about whether you are making all of this up, the results are what matter(this is something I had to fight with in the past, and still do, though not to the same degree and not in the same way.)if it is you, then you are working your brain overtime forming connections that otherwise you wouldn’t have made in your normal state of consciousness. If it isn’t you then you will the results are the same(in this case). often(at least when I started out) it would start out as me and end up as whatever I was trying to contact.

you may want to check out the photoreading system or zox brain management. I haven’t checked them out myself, but I’ve heard from other polymaths that they are quite useful, and they go into autogenic training quite a bit.

another book to check out on the mastery of a skill is the book mastery by Robert Greene. He seems to dis on polymaths quite a bit, but his information is helpful in any case. highly recommended.

But to make a long story short, Make your home a complete immersion into the skill, physically, intellectually, emotionally, spiritually, and results will follow.

I have the perfect ritual for you man. For nine nights in a row, five minutes before midnight, arrive at a crossroads. Play and practice until 12:30.
No matter what happens, don’t leave the crossroads. No matter what you see or hear. Anything frightening you is a test from the Black Man. At the end of the nine nights, you may even get a manifestation of the Black Man who will take the guitar, play a tune, and return the instrument. You may also get no manifestation whatsoever. But at the end of the nine days, you will quickly become very good. This is the actual ritual referred to in Crossroad Blues by Robert Johnson. It’s fairly traditional hoodoo and can be used to become good at any manual action.

1 Like