Store altar statue

I have a santa muerte statue i made and hekate in a picture in a frame… and i feel like changing up my altar along woth my practice for a while. Im not connecting as much with Santa muerte currently and dont want to offend if not offering to it regularly. Can i place these items in my drawers for time being? TIA

I don’t see why not. I would call her up and explain what you’re doing and why. She’ll already know, but sometimes things need to be said aloud - both for our sakes and because it reverberates energetically, acting like a statement to the Universe and those in it.

2 Likes

Actually i was just thinking maybe i can move my statue and once i gave moved house setup a different kind of altar with a plant that i can water as the offering so i feel like its consistent… i think im just feeling guilty, like if im at the other altar in my room and doing something there… then im leaving out doing something at the other altar with santa muerte?

1 Like

I don’t have a standing altar and my stuff sits on shelves outside (or in boxes). None have minded yet, so you should be fine, in my opinion. Maybe mark it on your calendar to give a quarterly offering or something, if it makes you feel better.

3 Likes

Ahh so you just bring the things out at certain times? I like this idea

1 Like

Basically, yes. In my journaled stuff on here, you’ll see that I set them up on my work bench, do my ritual, and put them back when done. Sometimes I do use a card table, when I need more space, but this gets torn down after the ritual.

I could clear off some space on the shelves, if I REALLY wanted to, but my personal opinion is that altars are more for us than them. It does curry favor with them and sets the space aside for their energies, but I lean towards it being more for our benefit than theirs. Other people will feel differently.

3 Likes

I actually feel like this will be more powerful as its exciting and fresh each time you set it up. Im not much of a dutiful housecleaner so my altar spaces get dusty along with the rest of my house. I think i may try your approach.

1 Like

It has some perks to it, aside from not collecting as much dust. The act of putting things onto the table I’m using became a trigger of sorts to help my ritual mindset.

3 Likes

Ill get one box for each, and make it really nice inside… somewhere to put their things

2 Likes

I’m the same way. I can leave something up, but kids and stuff every other weekend so I don’t, I just toss all my necromancy stuff in one little flat box I painted black. I recently moved it to a drawer, cuz my attack ferret keeps trying to steal my stuff.

Everything else is in a box on top of my closet.

I’ve read about people who used a drawer and lined it with super pretty fabric and things and made that a dedicate space for certain entities, but away from prying eyes.

2 Likes