"Statue of Belial is an Attack" says roommate

According to him if I put a statue of Belial in my “occult” shop (dont know a better word for a shop that sells tarot cards, crystal balls, Crystal’s, incense, candles, etc etc) that I can get in trouble with the law. Why?

Because “a statue of a religious figure that isnt liked by the majority of America is a direct attack on other Americans.”

That even though it wouldnt be a religion shoved down someone’s throat it’s a direct attack by just being there. So says he. Apparently I’d get arrested for it. Keep in mind that the shop doesnt exist yet. And I was saying it jokingly as I dont work with Belial (but with no meaning of offense towards him.)

I just dont know what to think of this statement. So if I had a statue of Gaia, is that an attack? I’ve been lectured many times over that having mother earth as my deity is wrong and a sin. I get a lot of people get nervous about him but I find it ridiculous that he truly thinks I’d be arrested for a statue in an occult shop type business place. You arent exactly going in to a business like that for a bible reading.

10 Likes

Bullshit. They hate Lilith but guess who I bought for a good 50-100$? That was in a Wiccan shop.

I seriously doubt you’ll get into trouble.

8 Likes

If anything it’s an attack on your freedom.

12 Likes

The funny thing is he goes around saying hes a Satanist but he thinks like this. I’m pretty sure I could set up altars to every spirit imaginable and they couldnt do anything about it.

Beside that he really isnt one at all. He doesnt even know the first thing about anything to do with spirits. I go around with Lucifer’s sigil on my wrist all day and he thinks I just doodle weird things.

2 Likes

Counterintuitive.

I’m certain if it’s your property then you could. Are you in the u.s.a? If yes, they cannot stop you, to my knowledge. I’m pretty good friends with the lady that runs the pagan/Wiccan shop I frequently visit and she has quite a few statues and has been around for 14+ years… So that’s very positive sign in that regard

1 Like

Yep. Right in middle of Ohio. People love shops like that here and I really want my own shop so it would work put well. I just couldnt believe him saying such things. Oddly it made a growly kind of angry feeling bubble in my chest so I just stopped the conversation right there.

4 Likes

If the dude is claiming that he’s a Satanist, but he wants to oppress you over what types of religious figures you can offer inside of your shop, then the dude’s not a Satanist, he’s a fucking idiot.

8 Likes

That’s ridiculous! Do whatever you want to do!!

3 Likes

You could always set up a statue of Allah to balance the scales. :rofl::ok_hand:

But seriously tho. You can’t get in trouble with the law for having a statue of Belial. That would go against the Freedom of Religon act or whatever it’s called.

The founding Fathers did create the separation of Church and State, no?

9 Likes

Yes they did, and since its not a government building you can do anything withit

3 Likes

Your friend is full of it, and likely alot of issues relating to religion or he feels attacked by the very idea. People have a tendency to project how they feel when it comes to them becomeing highly emotional to stuff that would not even directly effect them. Dunno what their deal is but it sounds like they have an aganda of some kind. Whether they are conscious of it ot not I’ve no clue.

2 Likes

exactly the opposite :wink:

1 Like

do i get a discount if i tell you im a BALG member…

5 Likes

just put an inverted cross on the wall and see how they feel about that…

3 Likes

Where did you find a Belial Statue?

3 Likes

:joy::joy:

If he’s such scared, show him this.

After he finished watching,
Ask if he really want’s to continue his fear, or rather want’s to learn something from you.

:wink:

Sincerely,

¥’Berion

1 Like

Meh you can sell what you want, he’s talking bullshit lol. They have got statues of both Gods and Demons in many occult stores.

5 Likes

Even in Europe that wouldn’t happen (yet) so that seems odd.

Ask him to cite the legislation or court ruling that prohibits this.

8 Likes

I’m not American, but I’m pretty sure your roommate is lying out of his ass. If a state court house in Oklahoma, which is a very religious state, was forced to remove the Ten Commandments from its walls or allow the display of a statue of Baphomet, I’m sure no one will be arresting you for displaying a statue of Belial in your own shop.

7 Likes

If you register it as a church, and consider the items church fundraisers, they can’t do shit. Loopholes, love.

2 Likes