Spontanious Evocation

i know in evoking eternity, E.A. writes that it is best to immerse ones self in the works of evocation which could be a few days of studying, meditations, daily invocations of omnipotence etc. also setting the altar 12 to 1 hours before the evocation. My question is could one be as successful with an entity and an evocation if one doesn’t have the time for all that and just look up and entity, read its powers, draw out the sigil and begin an evocation 5 mins later?

Preparatory immersion is a big part of E.A’s evocation method. Can’t you spare even 15 mins, twice a day for a week or so on it? Quality over quantity. :slight_smile:

However if you are already experienced in evocation, have the abilities of clairvoyance, clairsentience, etc and an overall strong foundation of spiritual power, and authority it is very possible to have good success.

You really get out of it what you put in. There is a reason a lot of schools, like hermetic/theurgic based schools have you spend upwards of 4+ years working on meditation, evolutionary techniques, attainment of sensory abilities, and development of an elemental equipose before the first evocation.

[quote=“Neeros, post:2, topic:463”]Preparatory immersion is a big part of E.A’s evocation method. Can’t you spare even 15 mins, twice a day for a week or so on it? Quality over quantity. :slight_smile:

However if you are already experienced in evocation, have the abilities of clairvoyance, clairsentience, etc and an overall strong foundation of spiritual power, and authority it is very possible to have good success.

You really get out of it what you put in. There is a reason a lot of schools, like hermetic/theurgic based schools have you spend upwards of 4+ years working on meditation, evolutionary techniques, attainment of sensory abilities, and development of an elemental equipose before the first evocation.[/quote]

i believe i have a strong natural foundation of spiritual power. evocation so far has been very automatic for me…like following a cookbook (evoking eternity) and the meal came out delicious on my first try!!! so i feel like i might not need so much time to do all that fluff…i understand i need some time to connect with the entity but i feel like even that doesnt take all day…like e.a. said just calling out the name of an entity creates a connection with u and it…normally i would take days of immersion etc. but right now im in a transition and i need to evoke NOW. the entity knows this…right now as i typed know, on tv someone said know at the same time so i feel like that right there is a sign the spirit is giving me

Go for it then. Sounds like the signs are pointing towards immediate action. :slight_smile:

Don’t let your mind trick you with “coincidences”. I personally believe it’s better to be in absolute control of such an operation which exposes you to a powerful extra-planar being; otherwise your personality can be ‘manipulated’.

A few questions for you my sister…

Can you get in the ‘right mood’ by just willing it ?
Are your astral senses up to snuff ?
Have you memorized the conjurations ? Researched your guest ? Memorized the banishings ?
If you can answer yes to every questions then by all means do it and let a brother know how it went.

Just saying… Too many sorcerers are in a rush for results. I myself like quality over expediency, so I will get my shit together and even get a consultation from Eric if needed.

Date for my first visible evocation: February 2013… and I will succeed.

Don’t let your mind trick you with “coincidences”. I personally believe it’s better to be in absolute control of such an operation which exposes you to a powerful extra-planar being; otherwise your personality can be ‘manipulated’.

A few questions for you my sister…

Can you get in the ‘right mood’ by just willing it ?
Are your astral senses up to snuff ?
Have you memorized the conjurations ? Researched your guest ? Memorized the banishings ?
If you can answer yes to every questions then by all means do it and let a brother know how it went.

Just saying… Too many sorcerers are in a rush for results. I myself like quality over expediency, so I will get my shit together and even get a consultation from Eric if needed.

Date for my first visible evocation: February 2013… and I will succeed.[/quote]

lol and i answered yes to al!!!l and my evocation was surprisingly successful .the spirit came through for me with flying colors and fulfilled my demands perfectly