Spirit Offerings

How long do you leave a offering out and how do you dispose of it if need be and when and do you simply place it on a sigil and say it’s for them

Okay, it depends on the system we are talking about. For example, when I work with the Norse, I either bury or burn the offering but I eat the food offerings when I work with the Egyptians. This is due to a combination of tradition and following my gut on what seemed appropriate at the time.

But if I am not working with either examples I provided, i usually leave an offering on the altar in front of their sigil or name for a few hours and then bury the offerings as that is a means I have available. If you cannot do that, take some time to sit in the place you presented the offerings and think about how to dispose of them. Go with whatever your gut feels in that moment. That tends to be enough, as it is the gesture and the intention of the offering to the spirit that matters most, not the object itself.

2 Likes

This question has been asked very often. Please use the search function in the upper right. There are multiple threads about this that answer your questions.

1 Like

No amount of time matters , however long , dispose of it however , and yes , however a sigil isn’t needed

1 Like

Thanks and that is interesting how it varies based on customs

1 Like

No problem at all, and it does. Depending on how developed your senses are, you can ask the spirits how to dispose of them as well, as they can have individual desires on the subject. If you cannot hear spirits now, I wouldn’t worry about it much and check out some of the other threads we have on offerings.

1 Like

A lot of times if its food offerings, i tell the spirit to enjoy the food through me, then i/the spirit eat. Other times ive buried offerings

1 Like

Lotta good answers here. I typically tell them when I’m going to dispose of the offerings that aren’t getting burnt. That way, everyone’s on the same page.

1 Like