Spirit legions

Many grimoires mention that spirits have legions.
Are the legions made up of egregores/ servitors that these gods created?

2 Likes

No.

The legions are spirits that work under them, the same way an army works under a general. They can be just as powerful as their leader though.

Azazel’s Nethers are incredibly powerful in their own right, for example. Ant’harratu is Azazel’s right hand man, and can do almost anything.

10 Likes

Only occultist usually have legions of egregores/thoughtforms under them, however, certain entities in their civilizations have underlings or soldiers/followers under them.

1 Like

So none of azazel’s legions are servitors created by him?

No.

I always thought they were not exactly created by him but ones that chose to follow him. However, that just goes to my belief that demons cannot create life like a God can but they can gain followers or rule over areas where the people follow them that make up their legions.

2 Likes

That’s the way I’ve always thought of it, too.

1 Like

Legions are generally living / existing embodiment with their own intentions. They can however be servitor but that’s a bit more complicated.

You can definitely look into it more if you would like by studying the specific spirits associated affiliates / legions.

2 Likes

Is there somewhere specific you can point me to learn about legions? Specifically how did they come about. What made others join that particular ancient. Does the legion forever recruit?

Just random thoughts that popped into my head as I was reading the posts :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes. I remember reading about a forum member who said when he dies, he will join azazels legions

1 Like

Yes there are books about the legions I believe. B

1 Like

Correct OP! ‘Servitors’ and ‘familiars’ act as the ‘cells’ that make up the legions which act as ‘organs’ for the being. The only way to tell conscripts from children is the present of a pact-attachment, which can be hard to find unless you’re going around robbing beings of their armies. >90% of a spirit’s servants are just smaller parts of it that are conscious! :slight_smile:

It’s like, someone asks for your help, so you send one of your leg hairs to go help them, or if they really need it, you just rip out your liver and tell them how to use it. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

“Last night in my dream I got pinned down by Belial’s leg hairs. And then I was rescued and we stood surrounded by Belial’s leg hairs.”

Now that just sounds horrible. I refuse to believe that’s what happened to me!

5 Likes

LOL you put a smile on my face :slight_smile:

1 Like

To be honest it sounds like the idea of Azazel wouldn’t get much done without his helpers which isn’t a bad thing but sounds like a “I need all of you to keep the machine running” rather than “you’re all a piece of me with free will”

2 Likes

He can do a lot by himself. The legions have different powers than him though

1 Like

I guess you’d have to ask them yourself.
In my experience a lot of these “Legions” consist of both thought-forms and actual beings.

I’m not really sure if all of them were created or just naturally existing forms due to the presence in each individual archetype. You can usually tell when they are simply a machine created for the specific individual you have chosen to contact.

Learning about the specific entity and their associated deities, legions, followers and so on is the best way to understand what you are getting into before working with specifics.

For example :
You might see a beautiful creature when working with a specific entity and someone else may see a a horrific monster and myself might see the balance between the two. Every person has a different experience as to see the things you are asking to see it takes a great deal of effort and practice. Metaphysical sight is definitely not something you can do overnight for most. This also pertains to how each individual may see the entity followed by an army, one other, multiple others, it’s all subjective to the creator creating the experience.

Thoughtform legions would be useful if the actual entities can’t reach a certain aspect as a thoughtform would, personally I will use a thoughtform myself if I really need to otherwise I would never lol. However, I can see how it could expand your reach in the mental aspect and astral aspects of things while your living legions reach the other aspects.

A little jealous I didn’t think of this. Well–I have. I just never articulated it this concisely.

1 Like