Spell comebacks

Updated

Yes, if you put a spell on someone there are ways of detecting it. One could perform some type of divination to determine if a spell has been placed or not. More advanced practioners could easily determine the sex of the spell caster and may be able to actually single you out.

The average person doesn’t usually suspect magick as a factor unless they are aware of people they know practicing, that’s why I like to keep a low profile about my work and don’t discuss it with people. People grow out of relationships and experience stretches of bad luck all the time so unless your spell is causing above average results or the person affected is sensitive to these kinds of things I doubt you’d be on their radar.

Personally I like to “blind” someone I’m working on, if its a curse I’ll stick pins in the eyes of the target to blind them as well as bind their hands to keep them from working to stop me (I prefer sympathetic magic so I’ll usually make a doll baby). Lately I’ve been thinking about attacking their third eye and crown chakras to hinder their ability to see me and dampen their intuition. For love spells I like to use a piece of appropriate colored satin ribbon and blindfold the doll and tell it that it can only see the person I want them to love.

To stop another magician or reader from detecting you I’d think you’d need to know who they were. You could also use invisibility work to keep you from being detected as well as confusion work to keep your target from knowing what to do.

This works well. The one time I have been (knowingly?) magickally attacked, after shielding and cleansing myself I retaliated with a visualisation of driving a meter long steel spike through the recipients 3rd eye. He fucked off after that. 5/5, would curse again.

Also working through a focal-pt ie having your influence originate from another pt of action (that isn’t this you) sense out of, thus others scrying for you, or tracing back would go to that “astral-aetheric” that doesn’t link to you (except via higher-dimensional- ie soultravel into that “E-puppet”… no cords or links back)
referenced in some texts- like in Dion Fortune’s I hope above makes sense

(issue being when you’re in Normal- whether regular state of mind, or in Ritual/Omnipotence state, or even “Projecting”- all of those are linked directly to this body-mind… not even direct your mind/attn even once, else links the two…
also when in that E-puppet, no thought of your “normal” no-identityMemory of Feels-like home/those you know… as would then link from that focal-pt back into your “life-situation”/web.)

Sort of like Identity protection: using another location/name contact/financial details… even just a single intersect pierces the curtain.

[quote=“taokua, post:4, topic:1368”] Also working through a focal-pt ie having your influence originate from another pt of action (that isn’t this you) sense out of, thus others scrying for you, or tracing back would go to that “astral-aetheric” that doesn’t link to you (except via higher-dimensional- ie soultravel into that “E-puppet”… no cords or links back)
referenced in some texts- like in Dion Fortune’s I hope above makes sense

(issue being when you’re in Normal- whether regular state of mind, or in Ritual/Omnipotence state, or even “Projecting”- all of those are linked directly to this body-mind… not even direct your mind/attn even once, else links the two…
also when in that E-puppet, no thought of your “normal” no-identityMemory of Feels-like home/those you know… as would then link from that focal-pt back into your “life-situation”/web.)

Sort of like Identity protection: using another location/name contact/financial details… even just a single intersect pierces the curtain.[/quote]

What you mean like a proxy server? At what point did magicians become Hackers?

On that note, check out Chaos sorcery… they have a method of creating a doll as a defence spell… so when somebody tries to attack you the attack goes first to the doll as a proxy… I’m sure you could rearrange this to fit your needs

It seems part of my metaphor, to express the idea, was clear, but not the idea: “What you mean like a proxy server? At what point did magicians become Hackers?”
-in terms of the “Hackers” methods, proxy wouldn’t really represent the above (nor zombie-bot, nor mirror-server, nor a memres-daemon-distributed process (although the last name, and concept, is interesting to magic-parallels).
As a side point, I note how more people refer to “those” chaos people, as if there is a defined group, and rather than “Chaos magic” (or Chaos Magick) as usually termed, above references “Chaos Sorcery”- I’m not sure if that is a distinction, or a new group- but most of the Chaos groups reference how the technics are derivations of previous systems.

Anyway- I’m interested in how the Thread Originator (Nik01) might integrate or apply any ideas from here- or any comments by those that have used/applied such ideas (as guesses are good, but actually experience brings out the details < < The devil is in the __, as the saying goes > > .

I see chaos magick as a tool rather than a school, but on that note I do not limit my definition to those who define themselves as chaotes… it’s a sliding scale I suppose… a
also the proxy comment was my attempt at humor, not meant to be taken seriously… Not saying you did, just figured I would clarify

Hello Icarus, my interp that you might have meant it as a “school” or group was how you phrased “check out Chaos sorcery… they have” but more so I’ve seen it written and spoken of that way the last few yrs (a memetic flow I guess- perhaps subcon), so not just your comment, but as I’ve seen it.

In terms of the proxy comment being a joke (and computer-hack ref), I partly read that as joking, and I see it that way also
- just my thought if someone else read your comment, it seems to fixate one’s viewpoint on this thread (it if it makes sense, how if someone is undecided about an issue, certain phrasings get such an observer so they can’t see certain viewpoints- as if you can’t unlearn what you’ve learned… and how “setting the question” limits perception (especially as it is an un-sensed action). Anyway- I hope some of that made sense (the last i realize is more complicated than a quick mention, so it could be tangled, but you may see what that was going). -don’t misunderstand my comment to mean my discouraging comments of related idea issues (I happen to think forum posts that elicit different viewpoints/ new connections, can be worth more than “details” espec if just an idea-concept; which can develop )

On related note- thx to the one that started this thread. I’ve been noticing that the only threads that continue on this board are “opinion-stories” and “I like that too / I don’t like that” vs those that seek to develop a discussion like in above- as principles seem to only have a couple and then dormancy… Just noticing (of course, a post comment seems long if it is equivalent to a couple of pages, while in a book that would be a short Chapter… so hard to develop an idea without it being longer ~toolong to read, and no time to think upon/work at).

You can put bay leaves at the four corners of your work space. I’d probably draw the sigil of Bael on one side, and a petition on the other to keep it invisible. Further, I’d make a doll baby (if it were spell not involving a doll, I’d make a paper one. Bit if I were to be using a doll anyway, I’d just buy a cloth doll) and blindfold it then bind it’s hands. For curses and binding spells, I’d also tie up their feet cattle style. Controlling spells would see their feet given shackles and their hands tied in the front like a slave.