Specific questions about the theta/gamma excercise given in Omnipotence course

good job!

i had the same problem and here’s what i did. i use a 0.5mm lead mechanical pencil to write. what i did was take one of the pencil leads out, and i hold that up at arms length, and i focus on the very tip. i look from the wall/ceiling, to the tip of the pencil lead and i just focus on THAT point and then breathe from there. that keeps my sight from wandering all over the place and it keeps me honest that i’m really looking in one place. from there i see tgs, flashes, static rain, narrowed vision, the whole 9. give it a try and see if it helps you as well as it has helped me.

i also use an audio with 2 commands: exhale, inhale. it’s 42 minutes long and i just breathe as it instructs me. i’ll see if i can upload it to the site tomorrow, it’s pretty big and if i can’t upload it here i’ll upload it to yousend and then leave the link on here.

I really appreciate the postings above. They are very helpful. I also have a question about TGS and static rain. I have been doing the inverted pentagram meditation for 8 days now and I notice that the pent becomes 3D and that EVERYTHING in the room flashes. My vision sort of goes in and out and I feel very relaxed but have not experienced static rain. I’m wondering what to look for to see if I have attained static rain. I’ve had the experience when I stand up too fast of seeing spots in front of my eyes and have had hypoglycemic attacks where all I can see is static and my vision entirely disappears except for the static. Is that the experience that I am looking for? Also I have not yet experienced a lack of proprioception. I may just keep doing the pentagram exercise for the full 13 days. Any advice?

Hello Orion, my two cents for your post-question is how I previously viewed this prior to seeing EA’s works as perceiving/seeing/contacting the air itself…
so you could see the empty-space as if there was rain in that space (not empty, but something there to SEE, the rain)… and static to me simul means: not dynamic=static thus why it seems to be suspended in the air,
sort of like the spots that sparkle in vision (as you ref) but they are stable and not a result of light-headed, but rather “outside” -as if you were seeing that same affect in the room (almost like it as in the enviro vs applied onto enviro per one’s body-reaction/perception).

Sense the Consciousness that is “looking through you” and sort of get-out-of-the-way and let it directly contact the that is occurring. I believe this leads to the shift… (sensory-blank out/Enviro altering, loss of proprioception… rapture as a Door to the Xrds-
one goes through that door by finding it, and find that door by focus your Attn on it, and allow the Consciousness (and your Energetic expression) to follow that Attn. So in other words, while doing the skrying- sense that there is something behind what you are experiencing, almost like knowing there is a design underneath/behind a piece of paper or a Tapestry… you sense/know that what is being perceived is covering it… (both your “usual” senses, and the other 6thsense feelings of connection… that liminal-immanence the sense that there is “more Here”…

try and let your Consciosness (capitalized as more than mind/thoughts, as not something you do, but is what does what you do/through you- etc. thus Attn focused, like a laser-pointer focuses and else flows onto) -anyway let that Con contact/seek for that other thing (find the door) and know that it isn’t what you can see/feel/say… let the con penetrate and know it isn’t- between those 2 parts adjust and you can thereby letgo of “holding onto the Enviro” as you

[a trick is having a sense of grounding to “hold onto” when things start to alter and go chaotic… else the instinctive reaction to restabilize… like holding the sides/rails of a boat as it is jostled in the River… if no-thing solid to hold stable/one disrupts the Process… but the Process is slipping and adjusting (if it happens the parts and Whole realign as they need to- showing you ___?)

close your eyes and rub them really hard for a few seconds. then open them again. see the multicolored blobs? it kind of looks like that, but finer. at least it does to me

[quote=“Avelin, post:19, topic:1454”]Hey there folks, quick update. I didn’t want to write anything until I got some semblance of progress and it has been slow because I’ve been having some major insomnia.

I have to thank the fool for the tips he gave. I tried exercise iv and for a while and now I’m able to pull back my vision without any help at all.

However, last night I tried pulling back my vision and deep breathing with the intention. My goal was to do 30 mins of meditation this way or until I start seeing the static rain or some other symptom of trance. Unfortunately I ran into the problem of not being able to concentrate on keeping my eyes fixed and deep breathing. I know it sounds silly, that I can’t breathe and gaze at the same time but I was trying to breath on a 4 second count and trying keep my vision fixed on an imaginary point in between the wall and myself. My focus seems to flicker between one or the other task and whats worst I can’t keep my head quite.

The summer almost over and I should be getting back into a routine so my insomnia won’t be a problem. Meditation should be easier when I’m not dead tired all the time. Accomplishing the eye pull back thing has given me a morale boost and I’m going to keep working on the deep breathing/meditation part.

I’ve been searching the web about what puts people into trance and I was thinking that the technique that EA gives in section 4 of the program is a bit similar to the eye fixation technique that some hypnotherapists use. What do you think? I’ve also been wondering how come no one else talks about the static rain. (It could be that its simply called something else.) So, I’m wondering if the T/G state is actually a rare state that most meditators or hypnosis patients don’t actually get into. I mean if this was a common state then wouldn’t you hear Buddhist talk about seeing demons and gods all the time? Some of the higher level meditators might see them but that’s after years of meditation right?

Anyway, now I’m off to do some more research and practice. Thanks for all the help you guys![/quote]

I was lucky to get into the static rain state once, and that is after the reading the comment from one person. He asked to see where the ceiling meets as if looking through a window. When I did that, I saw static rain instantly, and with out any effort. It is a very hard state to achieve, as you have be in some kind of motivated or expectant state to get into that state.

That was the only time I could get into that static rain. Al i feel now is that I get very tired and my eyes very tired when I try the pulling my eye back technique.

that was probably me.

you may want to do what i do: take a mechanical pencil and hold it up in front of your eyes at arms’ length in front of the wall/ceiling.

look at the wall/ceiling, and then look at the very tip of the pencil. in your periphery you’ll notice the wall/ceiling is blurry and may see it in double vision.

then just look at the tip of the pencil and breathe deeply and evenly for about 5 minutes. you don’t have to do anything other than that.

you’ll see flashing, narrow vision, and static rain after that 5 minute period. the key is breathing evenly, and not moving your eyes from that point.

Do you hold the pencil as a focus point or put the pencil down and look where it was?

I tried the pencil trick at work last night (that’s what uber productive emplyees do) while I didn’t get static rain that you guys describe Indid get some interesting results.

I took a fine point sharpie and set it on top of the computer I was using, sat back focused my breath and focused my vision on the top of the marker tip. After a few minutes an intense white aura glow off the marker and the wall behind it would have waves of the same aura ripple from time to time, the pen looked like it was vibrating and would disappear from time to time like a sigil flashes and finally the whit aura got slight rings of purple and green to it. I had to cut it short when a coworker asked me what was so interesting about that sharpie lol.

[quote="-TWF-, post:28, topic:1454"]I tried the pencil trick at work last night (that’s what uber productive emplyees do) while I didn’t get static rain that you guys describe Indid get some interesting results.

I took a fine point sharpie and set it on top of the computer I was using, sat back focused my breath and focused my vision on the top of the marker tip. After a few minutes an intense white aura glow off the marker and the wall behind it would have waves of the same aura ripple from time to time, the pen looked like it was vibrating and would disappear from time to time like a sigil flashes and finally the whit aura got slight rings of purple and green to it. I had to cut it short when a coworker asked me what was so interesting about that sharpie lol.[/quote]

Sounds like an awesome way to pass time at work. I will have to try this. :wink:

TWF and the fool, I tried the sharpie on top of the computer exercise today at work, literally 10 minutes ago, and it worked! I finally got static rain! Everything seemed to disappear out of the room except for flashing outlines around things and I finally saw the static! I’m so happy. I finally feel like I can do evocations now. :slight_smile:

Its neat to read of discoveries leading to a sense of more becoming possible:  just to add to this, my sense has been that working with an external prop strongly doesn't develop the same skill (long term)- but it is a valuable step on the way.  (this is my bias, not to say it is a diversion, just to step onto free flow when possible)... 

ie I might propose two other steps and try the 'point' (sharpie or pencil lead/pointer... or 'better to not be caught':) an edge, like if you have a box/cube corner you can arrange in your eyeline-view; sort of look at and yet past it simul..  

see the wall behind and the corner- like an edge (say top-right) of monitor)look just to the right and a bit higher than.. so in the air, but near enough- to allow an indication of depth.

Anyways- just a suggestion there, but that as the first step, then second step one can use the two type of vision combination (like the floating finger-pt, not sure if anyone else heard of the visual-illusion as a kid, have tips of your two fingers near enough each other and work on the distance, and then either:
 Look just Behind (farfocus: resulting in the doublevision overlapping.. creates a more solid third pt, in between the two "fuzzy" fingers per your vision not focused upon) 

or
Look just Forward (nearfocus: same as above, but as look behind is focusing farther away, this is focusing nearer than the 'fingers" -this is like the “pull your vision back” (as nearfocus) but not pull it back (eyes try to focus by reflex action, thus it seems to fight: see and focus attention upon a nearer pt, by seeing the “hotdog” affect of the 2 overlapping fingers…
if you can get that visual-affect, you can look for that… aligning the fingers at the right distance from your eyes, and apart side to side, and in a line parallel to your eyes (ie left and right equally as high from ground,

You can Steer when your eyes focus and either gaze-past <or> slightly cross.. but again don't try and make that happen- see the affect, and let your senses adjust to perceive it.   < Steer as in you can tip your head very slightly to L or R, and move fingers slightly-slowly distance between so as to get that overlap affect...  the Key is Eye Dominance: both eyes need to be Active...  you will see one image (one side) clearer and the other faces, one eye is being "ignored" and relying on one, vs both simul>
   (in the same way that look at this ComputerScreen, and raise your two fingertips up inbetween your gaze: eyes and computer= see past, look at the very top of this ComputerScreen and bring your eyes-nose really close to it and reach your fingers a few inches behind/deeper/farther away than... 

The idea is to not use an object to focus (as then you are blocking SEE-ing in that space, which opens that place in your Mind (with a focus there, there is a tension in the Mind, vs if See something unseen in the space, in space, the Mind relaxes there thus opening)

---a trick to catch this is make a loop-ring with pointer finger and thumb and have it circle something (so you can see through the circle, like a telescope or gun-sight) and then close one eye and look, and the change to you look through the eye you just closed... likely one eye will see it, the other wont.

-practice/try seeing "with" the other eye, and switching back and forth  (it trains your system a bit like Handedness, or the way you interlock fingers of both hands.. do the way with the "other thumb" on top, and then your comfortable way, feel awkward and also CNS readjusting...
    also when "stand up" which foot is primary, vs the other foot, vs both equally... the same concept... work with each of these and it is tiring   (so I'd ease into)

(there is work with these embedded in to some systems unlocking capacities, let alone just to activate say vision of Beyond by equal activating eyes, vs all on one side)

========
I hope that makes sense, seems is much easier to explain with some illustration, but just a quick description-post. If do this (the key of SEE what you Know you can sense, but it isn’t aligned, and Allow your system to tune itself… as it attunes and adjusts its perception… this relates to Other aspects also)… and eventually use the idea I mention above, of SEEing what is beneath/underlying the symbol (not impose that, DisCover)

So using an object in space as first step, then two objects and focal (infront and behind- alt, temptation is to do one) as second, and third step is attempting to get this same affect in space (again not by manipulating the eyes, but focusing the attention on something not seen… and your system adjusts itself… thus knowing what/where you are going to SEE something, without being clear what it will look like, and your system attunes itself.

Rather than doing them as CanDo Next, ready to move on, more like skill devel try step one, then try a bit of step two, some more one, then try step three (even if it isn’t clear), try step two… with much rest and moments of and your system will adapt and “try different things”

anyway- the way I was taught not only this, but other coord skills and Energetic circulations.

I hope this does seem as long as it does to me, although in even an article this would be a paragraph or so, and many such posts would hardly be a chapter, but I recognize that in a forum post like this is it a bit unwieldy. It may all be unclear, but if most of it is clear (and it seems of value) then perhaps I can clear up a part- luck

Thanks, Taokua! You gave some great suggestions that I’m going to try. I appreciate it. :slight_smile:

[quote=“taokua, post:31, topic:1454”] Its neat to read of discoveries leading to a sense of more becoming possible: just to add to this, my sense has been that working with an external prop strongly doesn’t develop the same skill (long term)- but it is a valuable step on the way. (this is my bias, not to say it is a diversion, just to step onto free flow when possible)…

ie I might propose two other steps and try the 'point' (sharpie or pencil lead/pointer... or 'better to not be caught':) an edge, like if you have a box/cube corner you can arrange in your eyeline-view; sort of look at and yet past it simul..  

see the wall behind and the corner- like an edge (say top-right) of monitor)look just to the right and a bit higher than.. so in the air, but near enough- to allow an indication of depth.

Anyways- just a suggestion there, but that as the first step, then second step one can use the two type of vision combination (like the floating finger-pt, not sure if anyone else heard of the visual-illusion as a kid, have tips of your two fingers near enough each other and work on the distance, and then either:
 Look just Behind (farfocus: resulting in the doublevision overlapping.. creates a more solid third pt, in between the two "fuzzy" fingers per your vision not focused upon) 

or
Look just Forward (nearfocus: same as above, but as look behind is focusing farther away, this is focusing nearer than the 'fingers" -this is like the “pull your vision back” (as nearfocus) but not pull it back (eyes try to focus by reflex action, thus it seems to fight: see and focus attention upon a nearer pt, by seeing the “hotdog” affect of the 2 overlapping fingers…
if you can get that visual-affect, you can look for that… aligning the fingers at the right distance from your eyes, and apart side to side, and in a line parallel to your eyes (ie left and right equally as high from ground,

You can Steer when your eyes focus and either gaze-past <or> slightly cross.. but again don't try and make that happen- see the affect, and let your senses adjust to perceive it.   < Steer as in you can tip your head very slightly to L or R, and move fingers slightly-slowly distance between so as to get that overlap affect...  the Key is Eye Dominance: both eyes need to be Active...  you will see one image (one side) clearer and the other faces, one eye is being "ignored" and relying on one, vs both simul>
   (in the same way that look at this ComputerScreen, and raise your two fingertips up inbetween your gaze: eyes and computer= see past, look at the very top of this ComputerScreen and bring your eyes-nose really close to it and reach your fingers a few inches behind/deeper/farther away than... 

The idea is to not use an object to focus (as then you are blocking SEE-ing in that space, which opens that place in your Mind (with a focus there, there is a tension in the Mind, vs if See something unseen in the space, in space, the Mind relaxes there thus opening)

---a trick to catch this is make a loop-ring with pointer finger and thumb and have it circle something (so you can see through the circle, like a telescope or gun-sight) and then close one eye and look, and the change to you look through the eye you just closed... likely one eye will see it, the other wont.

-practice/try seeing "with" the other eye, and switching back and forth  (it trains your system a bit like Handedness, or the way you interlock fingers of both hands.. do the way with the "other thumb" on top, and then your comfortable way, feel awkward and also CNS readjusting...
    also when "stand up" which foot is primary, vs the other foot, vs both equally... the same concept... work with each of these and it is tiring   (so I'd ease into)

(there is work with these embedded in to some systems unlocking capacities, let alone just to activate say vision of Beyond by equal activating eyes, vs all on one side)

========
I hope that makes sense, seems is much easier to explain with some illustration, but just a quick description-post. If do this (the key of SEE what you Know you can sense, but it isn’t aligned, and Allow your system to tune itself… as it attunes and adjusts its perception… this relates to Other aspects also)… and eventually use the idea I mention above, of SEEing what is beneath/underlying the symbol (not impose that, DisCover)

So using an object in space as first step, then two objects and focal (infront and behind- alt, temptation is to do one) as second, and third step is attempting to get this same affect in space (again not by manipulating the eyes, but focusing the attention on something not seen… and your system adjusts itself… thus knowing what/where you are going to SEE something, without being clear what it will look like, and your system attunes itself.

Rather than doing them as CanDo Next, ready to move on, more like skill devel try step one, then try a bit of step two, some more one, then try step three (even if it isn’t clear), try step two… with much rest and moments of and your system will adapt and “try different things”

anyway- the way I was taught not only this, but other coord skills and Energetic circulations.

I hope this does seem as long as it does to me, although in even an article this would be a paragraph or so, and many such posts would hardly be a chapter, but I recognize that in a forum post like this is it a bit unwieldy. It may all be unclear, but if most of it is clear (and it seems of value) then perhaps I can clear up a part- luck[/quote]

that’s the point. it’s a training wheel but eventually you want to remove it. it’s kind of like a musician using a metronome or an artist using a drawing grid or lightbox.

an even better one than that is just to draw a dot on a window and use that to look outside. the only thing is, if you need to look at something inside, you need something else to do the work. i used to use the edge/corners on tables when i was learning to photofocus, but it’s not mobile. that’s when i started using a pencil. even that became distracting so i too the mechanical leads out and just use the lead as a pointer. the benefit of just using the lead is that it’s mostly invisible and you can see around it so it doesn’t get in the way.

the point of doing this is to keep your vision focused on the very narrow space where the lead is pointed. when you remove the lead, you want your eyes to focus on the blank spot in the same way.

keeping your eyes on that spot opens a portal where the magick can take place.

you are training your eyes to focus on a VOID rather than an OBJECT and that takes a mental shift. when you get your sight focused on a spot like that with full relaxation, then take away the point and try without it. you’ll notice that your vision warbles or wanders around but is more focused. try doing on/off with the point until you can get your vision to stay in one place and there you go.

I think I read it in DuQuette’s book on the Thoth tarot but he was talking about the Qabalistic aspects of “nothing” and how there are different states of nothing. I remember after contemplating on that I could in a weird way see the void or nothing. For example if I walked past a ladder or fence the empty space seemed to stand out more than the actual physical object, its kind of hard to explain but it was like “nothing” filled the space where matter wasn’t in almost a physical sense. It was pretty trippy.

[quote="-TWF-, post:28, topic:1454"]I tried the pencil trick at work last night (that’s what uber productive emplyees do) while I didn’t get static rain that you guys describe Indid get some interesting results.

I took a fine point sharpie and set it on top of the computer I was using, sat back focused my breath and focused my vision on the top of the marker tip. After a few minutes an intense white aura glow off the marker and the wall behind it would have waves of the same aura ripple from time to time, the pen looked like it was vibrating and would disappear from time to time like a sigil flashes and finally the whit aura got slight rings of purple and green to it. I had to cut it short when a coworker asked me what was so interesting about that sharpie lol.[/quote]

LOL! I do that all the time at work too!

People are always weirded out by me just sitting and staring at something. I always attributed it to the 1000yd stare when someone asks. They know I was in the Marine Corps and not “all there” sometimes.

When really…secretly…I’M A BLACK MAGICIAN!!! THE UNIVERSE WILL ENACT MY WILL!!!

…sorry I lost it there for a second.

1 Like