Speaking in tounges

Is there anyone who knows a good resource to learn how to speak in tounges. The last I’ve seen it the magician was able to manipulate reality on this plane.

Thanks!

1 Like

What exactly do you mean by speaking in tongues?

You sure know that the pentecostal and chatismatic variants of this are absolute bullshit, right? Aboit as real as Castaneda’s fake Don Juan :wink:

What do you want to do and what do you want to get out of it?

Is there a magician that’s not capable of manipulating reality to some extent?
Anyway, as a former born again christian from one of those neo-pentecostal churches… Just go to church, lose yourself in a trance and be around people who speak in tongues. Sing, dance… get euphoric while people speak in tongues around you and you’ll eventually start speaking in tongues…
basically you just need to be around people who speak in tongues and really want to be able to speak in tongues, church might not really be necessary.

Now the real question is… can you truly speak in tongues without being “baptized” in the spirit?

2 Likes

Is that a fake it till you make it thing :thinking: ? Never been to one of those churches.

@VICJAY if you mean speaking demonic language there is a mantra that @Micah got from Fastos for that (I am planning to start it as soon as I finish the 40 days of the mantra I am doing) I don’t know if it works or not.

Fastos And Meton reveal secret Tongues of Demonology/Angelology in O.P. post

You mean glossolalia?

There’s an interview with Terrance McKenna where he talks about sound and language in regards to DMT experiences and even goes so far as to make these wierd noises on the spot but Id have to look for it. I just happened to think about it while reading this post.

Edit:

Not the one I was thinking of and not to detail, but here’s an interesting snippet.
/End edit.

I’m not sure I see an actual point in doing it outside of it being a byproduct of being in a certain frame/state of mind.

OR

Transcending your own language to speak your intent through sound that doesn’t have any objective meaning outside of what you’re trying to accomplish with it (through your intent and emotion). Like sigilized speech? :thinking:

2 Likes

Well in the churches it’s taught as sign of being baptized by the Holy Spirit. That’s why my question… can you truly learn to speak in tongues without being baptized by the Holy Spirit? Idk… i know there are some people in the “light working” community that can do something similar apparently. But they call it light language if i’m not mistaken.

Also the “speaking in tongues” in the bible is a very different thing than the type of speaking in tongues that happen nowadays in pentecostal churches. So there’s a possibility that it’s all a thing of the mind. That you believe to be a sign or your baptism and then it happens when you start to feel the power God flowing through you or engulfing you somehow. I remember being a trance like state a lot in worship moments in church and being consumed by this sense of love-liquid-fire that was like about to raise me from the ground. Everybody is speaking in tongues around you, some are spinning around and people just being in a trance like euphoric state moving their arms frenetically and so on.
That’s all i can say about that i suppose

You don’t ‘learn’ how to speak in tongues. It’s not a language - it’s the result of losing control of your body during possession. It’s a parlour trick used to scare the uneducated into believing something special is happening, when it actually isn’t.

So what you actually want, it sounds like, is to learn how to invoke entities, and build a relationship with spirit, to work magic so that you can change your reality.

For that, start meditating, build your spiritual energy, pick a tradition and start walking the path to learn it. Lookup the Unofficial tutorials thread as a good place to start.

That’s just the xtain’s way of saying they’re possessed. Xianity doesn’t have a monopoly on any spiritual practice, the underlying energy and causes are the same regardless of language put around it.

There are many other traditions where people start babbling like this. Vodoun is another and they see it as an effect of being ‘mounted’ by the Lwa. Same old. It’s not really a very useful trick as practices go.

1 Like

Christianity is very much built on fear, ignorance and desperation for sure

Tongues isn’t a language as much as it’s a side effect. Usually through possession, divine intervention, or similar. However, it can also happen if you practice galdr. Part of the point of galdr chanting is that the words purposely lose meaning and sort of turn to nothing in your mouth, that way the magic ends up getting released. Going out of your way to “speak tongues” is like saying you go out of your way to have a twitch or get the hiccups.

1 Like

I don’t know that one can learn glossolalia. Still, I know several people who do it regularly who aren’t Christians. Some chaos mages use it, for instance.

I’ve been around quite a bit of it. I see it (and this is probably unorthodox in any sense) as a way of “losing” oneself. Some people I know call it “gnosis.” Something does happen during that period, but I don’t know what it is. I’ve seen young people “get the spirit” and mangle themselves until they bleed during church services.

Sometimes, during trances, rituals - even services within the confines of organized religion - people transcend normal boundaries.

That’s when the fun begins.

I knew someone who was extremely religious; she had a book about learning to speak in tongues. It’s like a baby babbling to its father, the book said, uttering “words” of ineffable praise and devotion. The devotion is so far beyond normal realms that earthly language can’t encapsulate it.

People laugh at the idea of losing oneself during religious (or other) rituals, but personally, I feel that’s just the beginning of it. That’s when it just starts getting good.

2 Likes