Southern winter storm

So I wanted to know your opinions on what caused this huge snow storm in Texas and other parts of the south . Do you think that it was just natural?caused by climate change? HAARP? Or maybe even the aftermath of a magical working ? Let me know what you all think

I’ve lived here long enough to know that snow and freezing temperatures are not really all that odd, at least not to the point of being unnatural. It’s far from the first time I’ve seen this

3 Likes

People are just making it up as they go along (at best) about climate in general.

Map from 1592 - check the northern polar region:

Maps in those days were a live-or-die deal, no planes, no 'copters to evacuate you, no radio or GPS. Mapmakers didn’t just fuck around and pretend temperate land existed where none did. And the rich stood to lose from things like that, people with real power over the mapmaker’s lives.

Here’s another, the Sahara desert, 2019:

Map from 1592 again:

Pretty accurate rendering of Europe, including the Black Sea and fiddly northern coastlines, compared to this modern map

accurate-modern

Amazingly accurate positioning of River Amazon in South America, more U-bends than current but these break off into ox-bows over time, river goes flatline again, then begins to meander

1592 map:

2019 map:

Wow 1592 mapmakers really knew their business!

Hang on… 1592 northern Africa:

Living-Africa

2019 satellite Africa:

Mapmakers in 1592 were like “oh yeah I’ll just do really accurate maps of South America, central and northern European coastlines, then make shit up to look pretty in the middle of the desert because fuck travellers lol”

At the very least, climates are different than we think.

4 Likes

It was largely natural I reckon

3 Likes

The poles shifted so there’s that. We also had a quake that changed our axis a bit and shortened the day a few microseconds. It could be a few of those things causing some changes in our weather. Also we’re still in an ice age so regular heating and cooling will still happen until we leave the ice age completely. The Un-Ice Age | Earthdata.

1 Like

I’m a born and raised texan, but like unlike a handful of texans I believe in global warming :laughing: or you know the universe punishing texas for being majority assholes.

I wouldn’t try and make this into some magickal conspiracy or a HAARP conspiracy either.

4 Likes

I would say its natural. However it is alarming to see the majority of the US covered in ice to some extent.

1 Like

Also like to note it was maybe in 2004? (or whenever I was in middle school I forget) where we had that big hail storm which was really freaking amazing cause my house was kinda in the center and this huge funnel of purple clouds was inside the eye of the storm I kept my ars outside while it hailed, avoiding getting hit was not even a priority it was badass lol

4 Likes

Do you have pictures of it? Sounds like it’d be stunning photography.

1 Like

Sadly no I didnt own a phone until after highschool atleast a permanent one lmao

2 Likes

Thank you all for your input, I haven’t lived in Texas very long and have never really been around snow bc I grew up in SoCal. Just wondering where everyone else’s mind is about this bc it was definitely something very new and exciting to me .

2 Likes

I never seen it but it used to snow in Florida. Nothing major but enough to stick. I think the earth is just cycling again.

1 Like

Natural. There is always something happening somehwere that is beyond us and it has always been this way. This frigid weather to TX is nothing new in terms of strange weather happening to places throughout history. It is in essence a mystery but the mystery is quite natural.

1 Like

Mcalester is 3 hours from me lol

2 Likes

Born and raised there :slight_smile: Still have some family in El Reno, Oklahoma City, Idabel etc but I’ve not been back in like 8 years or so.

2 Likes