Sound waves from power lines

Who has any idea on how to block soundwaves from being transmitted they get very annoying and i think they affect my moods. Im being facetious about random noises in urban life. I have observef that there are different vibrational bursts of sounds at different days and at night. They ate distracting cause body discomforts.
And am pretty sure these are occurring in wide amount of areas and not limited to lication or country.
Its like the antithesis to ringing my singing bowl

2 Likes

If itā€™s for your home take a look at a Faraday Cage or some kind of emf blocker for your electric meter.

3 Likes

Also, if you can swing it find heavy tapestries that are made out of a thicker material than the cheap Chinese ones. Usually the carpet base ones work the best. They just help with dampening sound, they donā€™t really get rid of it though.

Iā€™m not sure with the sound waves themselves though, thatā€™s a bit harder to get rid of.

1 Like

Build a Farady Cage around your house? :confused:

2 Likes

Looked up about Faraday cages for tonight we are using ā€œal-foilā€ in our bedrooms & put some on my device when its quiet time and see what happens. Thanks for the inf @EgoDeathIsFalse @Aprentiz
I never thought Id be one to wanyt to be wearing foil ā€¦ but this place we moved into ladt June dose emit very heavy throbbing behind my bed &kitchen, then it stops and later its a mew frequency from out my window. Like a conspiracy nutšŸ˜‰
Thanks for the suggestions
Dont know how to do that @Yazata

1 Like

Me neither, thatā€™s why I used the confused emoji. :wink:
I once saw an episode of Mythbusters, where they amplified the signal of their cellphone by covering the walls with aluminum foil (If Iā€™m not confusing things here) So this would work in keepng things out I guess, but would intensify signals that are coming from somewhere within the house.

Edit:
I believe Iā€™m contradicting myself. The aluminum foil would turn the entire room into an antenna?

1 Like

Im Looking it up
Edit: https://emfacadamy.com>aluminium-foil
It does not block from electricity poles :confused:
https://electrical-engineering-portable.com/electrical/audible-substation-noise
Well nothing also confused face. Those sounds are really grrr

1 Like
1 Like

Very interesting reading @Aprentiz

I know someone who had a room where He used the cartons from eggs Packs to neutralize sound. It was really a room free of sound and it was a feeling of void. That stuff Was added on the wall. It was strange but it functions.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sorry, I wish I knew. Thereā€™s an annoying hum at night around here that drives me batty.

1 Like