Sorath Sigil

I need a bit of assistance. Im curious to know if any one has a “Proper” or different sigil for the Sun Demon Sorath. One that works aside from the one typically found in older grimoires, and that was derived from the use of magical squares and Jewish Gramatica. The simple left angled sigil with the double curlicue on top. I am only aware of these two, but Im unsure of the second , more intricate one. Perhaps someone may help me verify this.
And I would be curious to hear any reputable stories, encounters, or anything else concerning this demon, and not excerpts from a Rudolph Steiner Essay , Anthroposophy or gamer site. Please.

I never worked with him/her but by looking at the second sigil seems to be an interesting spirit, fit to my coming purpose. Seems to be a fiery spirit that can induce one into a spirituality in the mundane level. Seems also a spirit who main purpose is to lead the magician through its severity towards a leonine spiritual behaviour, it seems to teach how to behave like a true god.

Gonna check more about it.

In my research, I have found very, very little regarding this spirit. He is listed as both the Demon, and Spirit of the Sun, depending on where you look. But most of the information surrounding Him depicts Him as the Beast of Revelations, the Anti-Christ, and 666 because of the magical grammatica. All this negative information is biased and BS in my opinion.
And you are correct on the nature, because I had the same feelings initially from the first sigil after charging it. I endured a week of unbridled creative energy, thought , and emotion. And then, as if someone pulled a plug, it all vanished. I was able to make numerous notes though for a project of mine as well. But after that, the sigil seemed to not work any longer, as I neared a point at which I wanted to evoke this demon. So I went in search of another sigil, and found the second one on a blog about Sorath. Im simply unsure if this is indeed a sigil of His. Im itching to dive into this rabbit hole.

Andrieh Vitimus worked with Sorath for his 30 day challenge. Sorath is the darkside of Sol. He will transform a man into a king, the trick is to not let your kingship consume you and obliterate you as Solar Spirits have a tendency to do.

Are you familiar with the more intricate sigil? It seems He has drawn me to Him for a definite reason. But almost as if He is testing me, and I have yet to evoke Him.

I am not familiar with it, but it looks like a sigil from The Temple Of Black Light.

I just looked and I believe you are correct.

May I PM you Orismen?

I will hate you forever if you do…LOL just kidding man, go ahead.

OMG You cannot pm ppl omg! :smiley: btw ancientsfire13 loving the merciful fate avatar! RAWK ON!!!

wow didnt know the sun could have anything demonic. “Sun” and “demon” are so contradictory and far from each other in my mind !

Guess it depends on what you call/think of as a demon or demonic. Just because something shows one a darker aspect of life or existence doesn’t mean its out to screw you over.

Sounds to me like another solar entity that was demonized. Granting Kingship is a pretty solar attribute.

You are not taking into account the Black Sun, in this case.

olala…un autre français. ça va mon ami?

[quote=“The Eye”]Merci je vais regarder ca.

Tu travailles avec le black sun depuis longtemps ? quels effets notables as tu remarqués ?[/quote]

I didn’t know you knew French. Are you from France? Which town? Maybe we can meet sometime, if you’d like?

Je ne travaille pas avec le Black Sun. In Abrahamic magick, I concentrate on the Sephiroth mostly.

Quelle ville habitez-vous?

Time for that good ol’ Google Translate. :slight_smile:

According to the rundown Andrieh gave (and therefore this is based on him and not my own experience) each planet has a darkside that is governed by a daemon (or demon). A good way to help mitigate its effects is to get in good with the Angel, Spirit, and Intelligence of that planet first.

[quote author=Orismen link=topic=3224.msg42067#msg42067 date=1398514832]
Time for that good ol’ Google Translate. :slight_smile:

According to the rundown Andrieh gave (and therefore this is based on him and not my own experience) each planet has a darkside that is governed by a daemon (or demon). A good way to help mitigate its effects is to get in good with the Angel, Spirit, and Intelligence of that planet first.

don’t want to wreck this thread,but this guy (andrieh) maybe without knows it,is talking about the antimatter…and yes every planet and every form of life has it’s exact opposite.name it qlipoth or whatever you want.

[quote=“The Eye”]TWF, I didnt talk about screwing over anyone, just that the notions of Sun and demonic spirits are antagonist to me. I will look into that spirit I never heard of

Insiomis I know nothing about the black sun.[/quote]

I wasn’t directing that at you personally Eye, I was just saying often people immediately hear the word demon and assume evil spirit.

I agree Qaballah, Qliphoth and Goetic Magick is a really god resource to look into the black sun. You can research Thagirion in the meantime as it is associated to the black sun and the dark side of Tipareth. Understanding the qualities of Tipareth itself will also give you a good starting point in your research.