Something simple

Thanks for sharing Nereid, hopefully this will encourage her to keep the practice up.

The biggest task will be to get her to practice consistently. Sometimes she’ll humor my occult leanings other times she just ignores my tremendous amounts of wisdom…not to mention my sex appeal. What a shame.

Lots of good advice in this thread. I’ve been a dreamer for a long time. A few tips I would add to the pile (by no means are they exclusively my invention, but they are effective).

1. dream journal - keep some paper, a pen, and a lamp near your bed. when you wake up and remember a dream, take a few moments and write down a few notes about it. you can write lots of details if you don’t mind being awake at this point, or you can just jot down a few impressions and then go back to sleep. when you wake up for the last time, you can re-read the notes and add more details as needed. this accomplishes a few things:
  • improves your dream recall and awareness
  • if you take the quick notes approach, you set yourself up for a good dreaming session, as you are in basically the ideal dreaming state when you go back to sleep
  • teaches you to manipulate your mental state, as you can learn how to function while mostly-dreaming (you can even get up to go to the bathroom without arousing yourself fully, allowing yourself to go back to sleep easily - this can also help you if you get insomnia)
  1. two alarms - on any morning you need to wake up, set two alarms. the second is for the time you HAVE to wake up, the first is set for about an hour before that. when the first alarm goes off, just turn it off and go back to sleep. then you will have a good solid hour of dreaming until the second one goes off. this is much more satisfying than hitting the snooze button for an hour! it also builds on and works with the skills/benefits mentioned above. if you feel confident in your skills and/or don’t have two alarm clocks, you can simply set your alarm an hour ahead after the first time goes off - just be careful you don’t screw yourself out of something important by screwing up, haha!

2. dreaming positions - when you awaken from a dream, try not to arouse yourself too much. if you’d like to go back to that dream or state, lay back down in the same position. if you would not like to go back, change position. this can be as simple as turning your head or as much as rolling over / flipping upside down. different physical position leads to different energetic position. this also helps build on the skills already discussed.

^good post as usual.

Reality checkig for 3 days + Enthusiasm on my part gave me my first OBE experience that kind of scared the shit out of me as when I re entered my body,couldnt move my body for sometime.Thought I was dead.After that had thousands of quality of lucid dreams with no practice after those 3 days.

I noted that eating cheese before going to bed + Lucid Dreaming triggered that night = Heaven!!!They get longer in duration nd quality.Totally awesome.

But still to this day couldnt repeat the OBE part.Maybe due to fear or anxiety.Lets see how the mastery of the sync helps!!!

I even taught two of my friends how to lucid dream by reality checks.Awesome and effortless truly!!!The best part is that I remember all of the LD s to this day without maintaining any diary.

Just had one question,I always tend to fall asleep during trance induction or sync induction even after quality sleep.How do I maintain focus and go deeper into the state?

I have a lucid dream almost every other night definitely twice a week at least but I hate them, does anyone know how I could make them more enjoyable. Almost every time I become lucid I want to get out and use a technique to get out then I end up in pitch black in the dream and just lay there until I wake up.

I hear you can use lucid dreams to go out of body but all that happens when I try is I dream I am out of body or I am dying and floating to the light I dont actually go out of body.

Thanks for the suggestion, I used to be able to lucid dream a bit, but I stopped trying to master it and stopped practicing any techniques and I just forgot how to do it over time. I will start doing this to see what becomes of it.

[quote=“ashkeogh, post:25, topic:1157”]I have a lucid dream almost every other night definitely twice a week at least but I hate them, does anyone know how I could make them more enjoyable. Almost every time I become lucid I want to get out and use a technique to get out then I end up in pitch black in the dream and just lay there until I wake up.

I hear you can use lucid dreams to go out of body but all that happens when I try is I dream I am out of body or I am dying and floating to the light I dont actually go out of body.[/quote]

I (and authors such as Robert Bruce) am of the opinion that dreamworlds are on the astral, but are more internal and personalised than the more “independent” realms we usually talk about accessing, so I don’t think you should worry about getting out because you already are!

I have successfully use doors to transition between places as well as bodies of water. Simply find a completely closed door, set the intention for it to lead where ever you want to go and then open it. Using water I dived in, swam downwards and then intended to surface somewhere else (I have only used this once, I dived into my bedroom floor and then resurfaced in my parents pool, its was totally spur of the moment, not even sure where the idea came from)

Windows and mirrors work well for jumping from one reality into another. I’ve started several astral adventures standing in front of my mirror and jumping through.

haha!
man, this is so true! (using doors to enter a new scene)

when i find myself lucid in a dream, i usually get too excited and acting too fast and undisciplined, and i shit things up.

like that one time when i had a dream of a girl that i was in love with in my teen years, i made a reality check, saw that it’s a dream, and instead of having sex with her, i made a quick choice to call upon a dragon. i just wanted to see a big dragon in a dream, from upclose, since it’s a dream and it could be a neat experience.
i didn’t pass any doors, because i was looking at this girl… so i yelled “DRAGON!!!” hoping that a dragon will come out from somewhere, but instead, the whole system - crashed - .
literally… it was like a hologram around me crashing into polygons, with frozen picture and errors everywhere on the screen.

my conclusion was that the dragon model wasn’t loaded into this particular program, and since i’m not skilled nor do i have enough power, the system crashed.

now, there was another time when i became lucid and found myself walking through a hallway. and i yelled “JACK NICHOLSON” and nothing happened. i shouted his name again… and still i got no change in my environment. then i stated out loud "when i turn around, behind me there will stand Jack Nicholson"
and i turned around, and there he was behind me. no other then Jack Nicholson. wearing blue jeans and a hoodie.
funny thing - he asked me "who are you? where am i? and why am i wearing this?"
and i asked him how to have more frequent lucid dreams. he answered that before i lie down in the bed i have to roll my head and make myself dizzy, after which he attacked me, so i had to kill him ;(

1 Like

I found this page some weeks ago, the sleep disruption is a key in this method… very mechanic and useful for both lucid dreaming and Oobe

still reality checks sounds as a great idea, I used to have one “look at your hands” or “read a book” but I can read clearly in my dreams too so it wasn’t working, I’ll try the “Am I dreaming?”, it reminded me to scott pilgrim lol

[url=http://www.lucidology.com/]http://www.lucidology.com/[/url] this page